• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

Firewire

Banned
M3Freak said:
I've been playing WipEout pulse on my PSP a lot lately. I'm glad to see that only two tracks from it are in WipEout HD. Still, I wonder if I'll get WipEout overload if I buy this too.

Perhaps the massive difference in graphics, screen size and sound will make them play differently enough that I won't mind playing both games.

I'm pretty sure the controls will be way better and of course the graphics!

I'm actually interested in trying out the motion controls, 1 up said it was used really well and although there's a learning curve Wipeout HD suited its use when it came to pitch and stuff.

LiK

Firewire said:

I'm actually interested in trying out the motion controls, 1 up said it was used really well and although there's a learning curve Wipeout HD suited its use when it came to pitch and stuff.

i'm lookin forward to listening to the soundtrack in 5.1 ;D

psycho_snake said:
Its getting great reviews, its only costs 12 pounds and since I've neevr played a Wipeout game this is going to feel like a completely new game rather than a remake. Its too good a deal to miss out on.

Same, I only played the PSP demo but never more than 5 minutes.

Corrupt

Can't wait for this. It's a shame you can't preorder PSN games so they start downloading as soon as they're available so it'll be ready to play when you get home.

h3ro

Corrupt said:
Can't wait for this. It's a shame you can't preorder PSN games so they start downloading as soon as they're available so it'll be ready to play when you get home.

I can't even imagine the stress PSN is going to be under when the store is updated... hopefully Sony has done enough behind the scenes so that it doesn't fold under the stress from everyone downloading the game, etc...

xero273

h3ro said:
I can't even imagine the stress PSN is going to be under when the store is updated... hopefully Sony has done enough behind the scenes so that it doesn't fold under the stress from everyone downloading the game, etc...

I can see it now. We will all be posting in the PSN thread about how the store won't work.

LiK

h3ro said:

thankfully, most of the europeans are ahead of us so they'll be done d/ling it by the time i get home from work.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
h3ro said:

I doubt it. Sony will be counting the money while everyone struggle to download the game.

h3ro

LiK said:
thankfully, most of the europeans are ahead of us so they'll be done d/ling it by the time i get home from work.

But then they'll be stealing all our bandwidth downloading all the demos they don't get... :p
That damn SCEE monkey better be on top of things next week!

decon

Firewire said:

The pitching thing sounds awesome too.

I would really like to know how the online is though. Lagging as hell yes/no? Invites ect. ect.

Madman

decon said:
The pitching thing sounds awesome too.

I would really like to know how the online is though. Lagging as hell yes/no? Invites ect. ect.
I thought one review said the online was barebones, but didn't have lag and does have voicechat.

I can't wait to see this game in it's full glory.

M3Freak

Banned
Corrupt said:

Holy shit shit. That's like one freaking awesome idea.

It would be even cooler if you could pre-order, leave your PS3 off, and when the game is released to PSN, your PS3 turns itself on, starts downloading the game, installs it, and then emails you that your game is ready to play. I'D POOP MY PANTS 50 TIMES IF THIS CAME TO FRUITION.

Teknoman

Will the custom playlist work the same as Pure? As in being able to use our own tracks plus the ones that already come with Wipeout HD?

Either way, track recommendations incoming:

Endless Challenge - F-Zero X

Climb up and get the last chance - F-Zero X arranged

Floodlight - Ridge Racer 6

Mission 2 - Neo Contra

Nights & Reala - NiGHTS into Dreams

Galactic Life - Ridge Racer 6 (damn I love this track)

Gene Gadget Act 2 - Sonic 3d Blast saturn ver.

Feel our pain (Fire Field) - F-Zero GX

Shotgun Kiss (Vegas Palace) - F-Zero GX

Mute City cover item song 1 - F-Zero GX

Big Blue cover item song 2 - F-Zero GX

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Add this to OP?

Source: me (looking at some colleagues PSN profile)

There are 38 trophies overall.

Platinum
Trascendence - Earn all the trophies in the game

Bronze
Uplift - Obtain a medal for every cell in Uplift
Warped - Obtain a medal for every cell in Warped
Frenzy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Frenzy
Vertigo - Obtain a medal for every cell in Vertigo
Head Rush - Obtain a medal for every cell in Head Rush
Speed Freak - Obtain a medal for every cell in Speed Freak
Drop Zone - Obtain a medal for every cell in Drop Zone
Meltdown - Obtain a medal for every cell in Meltdown
1 Gold Medal won, 86 to go... - Obtain your first gold medal
Flatland Flyer - Execute and land a successful barrel roll on Moa Therma
Own the Zone - Get 20 consecutive perfect zones in a single Zone Mode event
Double Kill - Eliminate at least two opponents in any race
Endurance - Finish an online 12 race tournament
Connected 1 - Finish 10 online races

Silver
Campaign Legend - Obtain a gold medal for every cell in race Campaign
Airbraker - Reach Zone 50 (Subsonic) in Zone Mode on any track using only airbrakes and sideshift. Motion sensor controls must be tuned off
Connected 2 - Win 10 online races
Lapped Out - Complete 99 laps in a single Racebox, Speed Lap session
AG Assassin - Eliminate 50 online opponents
WipEout Disciple - Obtain 100,000 loyalty points for any team

Gold
Elite Campaign Legend - Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign on Elite difficulty
Zone Zeus - In Zone Mode, reach Zone 75 on any track
Arcade Perfect - Finish 1st on all 16 tracks in Phantom class Racebox races on Elite difficulty
Beat Zico - Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha
Livery Liberation - Unlock every ship skin in the game

Secret
There are 11 secret trophies which I'm not able to report details about cos they are, well, secret.

Dante

Gold
Elite Campaign Legend - Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign on Elite difficulty
Arcade Perfect - Finish 1st on all 16 tracks in Phantom class Racebox races on Elite difficulty
Beat Zico - Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha
Livery Liberation - Unlock every ship skin in the game

Oh yeah....This should keep me busy till MS2 and LBP :)

Gold

i will never get a platinum thropy in wipeoutHD.

Firewire

Banned
LiK said:
feel the love~

:lol

The banner is actually a place holder.

I was working on using a .gif as a banner. Having the ship flying down the track and firing with bullet holes coming through the "Wipeout HD" and stuff. If I only had more time.

I thought official threads were only allowed a week before a games release, so its my bad!

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Firewire said:
:lol

The banner is actually a place holder.

I was working on using a .gif as a banner. Having the ship flying down the track and firing with bullet holes coming through the "Wipeout HD" and stuff. If I only had more time.

I thought official threads were only allowed a week before a games release, so its my bad!
DO IT!

Jim

Finally they went public with it:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/videogame-epilepsy-tests-subjective-says-wipeout-developer

Videogame epilepsy tests "subjective", says WipEout developer

Sony's Liverpool studio has spoken out for the first time on the problems caused by WipEout HD's failure of a routine epilepsy test.

Chatting to our sister site Eurogamer.net at the Leipzig Games Convention last month, game director Tony Buckley revealed the headaches arising from the eleventh hour hitch. The game was being readied for release back in July, but there was what SCEE boss David Reeves described as a "specific technical problem" - later established to be issues that came up during the epilepsy screening procedure.

"[It was] frustrating more than anything, because it's quite subjective the whole test," said Buckley.

"But we certainly weren't going to take it lightly. We had to think long and hard about how we approached it, because there were ways and means of doing it, but in the end we managed to actually solve any issues without any detriment to the game. That was our worry, that the game would suddenly look poorer as a result of it, but no, it's all gone really well."

Buckley further claimed that, rather than this being a WipEout-specifc issue, "a lot of games" initially fail the testing process, which is designed to identify material that may pose a risk to sufferers of photosensitive epilepsy.

The team re-engineered the game to fix the problem, but Buckley acknowledged it was still a grey area for developers. "The hardware that actually does the test, it's quite... Subjective," he explained. "So, you know, it's difficult to pinpoint what the actual issues are, and whether they are actually issues, to be honest.

"[But] we take it seriously, so we made the effort and as you can see it's come out the other end alright, with a lot more content."

wouwie

I never played a Wipeout game before but at this price, nothing is stopping me from buying it day one. Production values look amazing and the game looks fun.

Top Bottom