• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 | Impressions Thread of not shooting the messenger.

tumblr_lneacntRFP1qkbodlo1_500.gif

You've got to squeeze every ounce of gameplay from it. I know that's what I'll be doing.

Game is so close.

Tainted

Off-topic...but here is the full interview with that hysterical Spanish man with english subs....if you're curious to what the hell they were actually laughing about

http://youtu.be/WDiB4rtp1qw

Props to Jawbreaker for linking me to the unedited video which led me to this one :)

Dude thanks for that, such a great track. I'm actually glad I haven't been able to find this game early, have the collectors edition for store pickup for 63 bucks at Best Buy. Completely forgot I did that since it was done so many months ago. Soundtrack comes with it which is such a great plus.

Soundtrack comes with it which is such a great plus.

Soundtrack comes with it

tumblr_m5hravc31j1r8058ko1_500.gif

iswUk5FY3Ybj.png

ibhcNgJNmWhil6.png

ib0BAd4vcYI6A2.png

iFf2PjyOLpupp.png

Hmmm-GIF.gif

I'm officially old. I bought the soundtrack on iTunes and cannot figure out how to download it

-_-

I bought the soundtrack on iTunes

bought the soundtrack on iTunes

ohno.gif.gif

ibqj4riPkn8zEP.png

Funny-gif-steve-carell-freaking-out.gif

iFf2PjyOLpupp.png
ibqj4riPkn8zEP.png

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

So I guess I'll chime in with my two cents regarding what the game may be lacking...and that's risk.

What I mean by that is, I feel as though Ready at Dawn aren't taking any chances with their first original IP game for a home console. Do I attribute that to a lack of ambition as far as the gameplay is concerned? Not really.

The ambition is clearly there in the atmosphere, the graphics, and the storytelling. It was clear to me from the moment I started the game that Ready at Dawn wanted to implement a foundation; a world in which they can build off of in future iterations. In this instance, though, I think The Order is more about them trying to feel out their limitations without taking too many risks. In the end, that will probably hurt the game quite a bit in terms of public scrutiny.

I do, however, feel as though this is a solid foundation upon which they can build a truly great franchise. Even if they're not taking any risks with the gameplay this time around, I'm sure they've got a firm grasp on what they want to add in the future now that they've figured out their technical abilities.

My only regret is that I didn't order the collector's edition (which would have been my very first CE of any game ever), because it was rather modestly priced and not beastly in size.

Dawg

Is Hard comparable to Hard on TLOU? I'm assuming it's easier than most games hardest difficulties, correct?

Excluding maybe one part, I wouldn't call Hard difficult. I never really felt in danger and I never experienced any frustration. Games like Uncharted usually have a few parts on the highest difficulty that can cause frustration, but this game doesn't. At least not for me.

Dominator

Jeeeeeeez that sucks.

I thought Sony wanted the game to sell, understocking like that is some Nintendo shit
I agree, its pretty ridiculous.Those two extras can be pre-ordered still these next two days and then we won't have any to sell day of if they are. We'll get more of course but could be early next week.

You get any extra collector's/premium editions?
Nope, two reserves of the $80 one and we're only getting two. None of the $150 one.

So I guess I'll chime in with my two cents regarding what the game may be lacking...and that's risk.

What I mean by that is, I feel as though Ready at Dawn aren't taking any chances with their first original IP game for a home console. Do I attribute that to a lack of ambition as far as the gameplay is concerned? Not really.

The ambition is clearly there in the atmosphere, the graphics, and the storytelling. It was clear to me from the moment I started the game that Ready at Dawn wanted to implement a foundation; a world in which they can build off of in future iterations. In this instance, though, I think The Order is more about them trying to feel out their limitations without taking too many risks. In the end, that will probably hurt the game quite a bit in terms of public scrutiny.

I do, however, feel as though this is a solid foundation upon which they can build a truly great franchise. Even if they're not taking any risks with the gameplay this time around, I'm sure they've got a firm grasp on what they want to add in the future now that they've figured out their technical abilities.

My only regret is that I didn't order the collector's edition (which would have been my very first CE of any game ever), because it was rather modestly priced and not beastly in size.

How did you find the game? What was your playtime?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

I could see how going from psp games to the ps4 is much like an ahl hockey player moving to the nhl. They are feeling it out and played it safe which isnt necessarily bad, hopefully next time they take a bit of a risk and are rewarded for it

How did you find the game? What was your playtime?

I already posted my gameplay impressions a couple pages back.

I've only just passed the 5th chapter, I believe, and I'm taking my sweet ass time (in ways that would enrage spectators)...pretty sure I've put in 3-4 hours over the last two sittings.

Look, I'll put it another way, if you liked BioShock Infinite, you should like this. Infinite thrived on it's atmosphere and setting, which made up for the lack of gameplay mechanics and it's linear style.

Or Spec-Ops The Line might be another good comparison, albeit with much better gunplay (and more engaging characters and an insanely detailed world). If you liked Spec-Ops, you'll love this.

Ishan

okay what did i miss weve gotten platoon jesus gifs doing the rounds now .... seriously the order has provided so much entertainment on neogaf im tempted to just donate some money to that studio for this epic awesomeness ... "cinematically" :)

Cider

Thanks for the impressions TC. Sounds like my cup of tea, can't wait.
I love games that are short and pretty. I never play MP so I don't care for it one bit. If I'm lucky I get about 4 ~ 6 hours of gaming per week and I absolutely hate games that refuse to end
*staring at you Beyond: Two Souls

Top Bottom