• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 - New Gameplay Footage Released Before Embargo

VanWinkle

i guess i'm already spoiled by next gen. After stuff like Metro 2034(PC) and Ryse (dat minataur king fight) this likes pretty regular to me.

And the CG to gameplay stuff has already been done.

I've seen plenty of those two games, as well as better looking games like Crysis 3 and Killzone Shadow Fall...and yet...this game's visuals astound me.

GeoramA

I know people are getting all hyped up but how can you even say this? Other than the game being visually gorgeous what in that trailer says "GOTY" to you?

I'm seriously curious.
What's so unheard of about it? TLoU was supposed to be "just another zombie game" at one point.

sohois

Does this bother anyone else?

ibgy4iODiWV2gp.png

That brick jutting out perpendicular to the building severs only as a place to take cover.

Aye, it's pretty shitty.

However: 1, when you're actually playing the game your much less likely to notice dissonant things like that. 2, I would be willing to suspend disbelief if the cover shooter gameplay itself is very well done. Level Design should ultimately trump aesthetics.

VanWinkle

Very very nice.

Though, to be a debbie downer, I did notice Galahad's foot quite clearly clipping through his coat near the beginning. Still better than just about any other game I know of though, especially in how the cloth actually treats the ground as solid matter.

I can't recall that part, but do remember: his cape has a slit in the middle. Is it possible that his foot was going through the slit?

Into

The art style is incredible, atmosphere just oozes out of the screen, its a actual world you can believe in.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't hate shooters or anything, but does anyone else kinda wish this was Sony's answer to Fable instead of Gears of War? That city panorama just makes me want to explore the world. I just hope Sony's in-house RPG will use the same engine as The Order.

The new gen is still young. Rumors of new IPs are afloat.

I can't recall that part, but do remember: his cape has a slit in the middle. Is it possible that his foot was going through the slit?

It's right after he lands from jumping off of a rooftop. I know about the slit, but it was clearly clipping through the cape/coattail itself.

I don't hate shooters or anything, but does anyone else kinda wish this was Sony's answer to Fable instead of Gears of War? That city panorama just makes me want to explore the world. I just hope Sony's in-house RPG will use the same engine as The Order.

I do. I feel like they are stepping on Naughty Dog's toes abit. Why not go their own direction?

- J - D -

I've seen plenty of those two games, as well as better looking games like Crysis 3 and Killzone Shadow Fall...and yet...this game's visuals astound me.

It should, because I don't imagine the environs in The Order will be nearly as large or as detailed as those from either Crysis 3 or Killzone SF. I would like to be wrong, but Order being a narrow, cramped experience would allow for it to look as good as it does. Character models, lighting, and post-processing takes precedence, it seems.

CCIE

Banned
This is a TPS - which means that it will be compared to other shooters such as Metro, TitanFall, BF, KZ, etc.... Hoping there are some RPG elements though

And if graphics were the litmus test, this game kicks the crap out of all the above

jiiikoo

Banned
That looks so tasty but I'm concerned about the length of the game. Hope it lasts a good while or that the story grips you from the get go.

CloudWolf

Graphics look nice. Gameplay looks like literally every other third person shooter since Gears of War though. I need to see more before I'm convinced.

Can someone explain to me the hate for QTEs? I often seen this complaint across GAF but I don't understand it.

I've played enough games with their incorporation to not mind them. Then again I enjoyed Heavy Rain so maybe they just are not as "offensive" to me.

Hyunashi

This is the best looking game so far for next gen. And dam they nailed the atmosphere. The best thing is this is still a good time away from release so they have time to do more magic. Defintely hypeing hard for this!

VanWinkle

It should, because I don't imagine the environs in The Order will be nearly as large or as detailed as those from either Crysis 3 or Killzone SF. I would like to be wrong, but Order being a narrow, cramped experience would allow for it to look as good as it does. Character models, lighting, and post-processing takes precedence, it seems.

Oh, of course. I don't believe it will be all corridors, but it certainly will be more linear than Crysis 3 and KZSF. Still, the point stands that the game is visually ASTOUNDING.

dreamfall

My goodness, minus the commentary on the video, everything seemed incredible.

The transition between moving through an area, and shooting looked pretty fantastic. Although aiming seemed a bit... heavy maybe?

Excited!

Looks fantastic.

One thing I hope would change for the retail version is the HUD.

The white outline of the gun icon is amateurish looking, totally unlike the style of the filmic presentation.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I need to see more of the actual gameplay. As it stands now, it looks just like every other tps after Gears. After Resident Evil 6 and Vanquish, companies need to step the melee combat way the fuck up.

It looks pretty tho.

Nobody liked the camera that close to the character, before the patch for RE6. I hope they manage that better here.

jiiikoo

Banned
My goodness, minus the commentary on the video, everything seemed incredible.

The transition between moving through an area, and shooting looked pretty fantastic. Although aiming seemed a bit... heavy maybe?

Excited!

Or the dude who was controlling didn't know what he/she was doing. Or the sensitivity was set on slow.

- J - D -

Oh, of course. I don't believe it will be all corridors, but it certainly will be more linear than Crysis 3 and KZSF. Still, the point stands that the game is visually ASTOUNDING.

Yeah it is. Being a bit cynical though, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
My god, the commentary just becomes more and more annoying as the video goes on. It's a sharp contrast to the footage and classy music.

Thrakier

It's still far off from release, presumably they should get it to locked to 30.

The footage looks like 15FPS. Anyway, even 30FPS would still suck all the fun out for me. Give me 60FPS or give me death, you know. If the value some graphical fidelty more than gameplay, they are more in the video than in the game aspect, I guess.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This footage is for the XB1 Gears of War fans sitting on the fence, and choosing between TitanFall and Infamous, or THIS? I'm really interested to see how many consoles TitanFall actually moves, because it looks like crap in comparison to these gorgeous graphics.

This game will be a system seller for the PS4

Single player, linear shooters are not system sellers for consoles. Can you name any?

The footage looked pretty good. Interested to see more gameplay though as this is looking like a nice weekend rental all the way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Outside of a weird, pretty jarring lighting switches, this looks BEAUTIFUL. Holy shit. I'm not sure if this will be fun to play, but at the very least it could be this gen's Bioshock.

VanWinkle

2560x1440 metro 2034 doesnt look better than this? mMMkay

Is there something wrong with this game's image quality or something? That's the only aspect of the graphics that resolution would change, and this game should look extremely crisp on my 1080p display.

Top Bottom