• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886: Official spoiler thread for all black bars

Skux

I haven't read the thread because I don't know how many spoilers are here so I'm gonna post a BIG spoiler, the only one I know because I just watched it on UStream.

Again, BIG SPOILER HERE!

Wow. This game is not holding back. That's enough curiosity chasing for me. Bailing out!

White_gas_tank_rocket.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Check out dualshockers for some BRAND NEW screencaps of a livestream.

As a matter of fact, we saved many more screencaps than the ones you’ll see in the gallery below, but we carefully selected only those that didn’t include any spoilers, and could be shown with no context without ruining your enjoyment of the game’s story.

And oh boy, what a story. What I managed to see makes me literally crave to know more about the story of Galahad and his companions. As a matter of fact, I wish I could show you the screenshots that came just before the scenes portrayed in the gallery, because the environment was jaw-dropping gorgeous, but said scenery in itself was an excessively recognizable spoiler, so I’ll have to keep them for myself.

Let me just tell you, this game has a whole lot to offer that what we’ve seen so far didn’t even come close to hinting at. Oh boy…

nib95

Banned
I honestly can't see Uncharted 4 topping this graphically. I think the task is Sony Santa Monica's to tackle, with the new God of War.

I honestly can't see Uncharted 4 topping this graphically. I think the task is Sony Santa Monica's to tackle, with the new God of War.

Yeah, Uncharted 4 looks amazing but it's not on this level.

That said, the traversable areas in Uncharted seem to be a lot more open and larger in scale, so I understand you can't expect the same type of fidelity.

Just think back to some of those classic set pieces like the entire plane sequence from Uncharted 3.

I wouldn't right them off, but is going to be interesting. They are going to have to add more post processing to compete, that is for sure.

UC will top it because of animation and effects imo.
I think it also going to come down to which art style you like more.
The order looks amazing but it lacking a few things .

The game's out in slightly over a week. By then, I guess.

Besides, they're still on a press tour. Pretty late, but seems like they're running a tight ship in terms of the preview, etc.

Wonder if we'll get a live-action trailer.

I hope not. Game is so beautiful that it isn't necessary.

Also the last few live action trailers out there (Destiny, Evolve) haven't really done it for me. Especially the Evolve one.

kyser73

I hope not. Game is so beautiful that it isn't necessary.

Also the last few live action trailers out there (Destiny, Evolve) haven't really done it for me. Especially the Evolve one.

I'd love to see a TV ad for the Order, as it wouldn't need to carry any caveats or notes about the graphics being 'cut scenes' or 'representative of in game'...just 'Actual In-game graphics'...

Ishan

spoiler (speculation of plotline based on leaked footage)
alright anyone else notice this. During the council meeting ppl seem to have plates around their necks in accordance to seniority. percival has gold . gallahad and isa have silver and lafayette who is supposed to be still training has none. Now if you notice during the prologue when gallahad is trying to escape isa still has silver but lafayette now has a gold plate. maybe it means nothing or maybe it means he's the one who turns gallahad in and get a "pat on the back" promotion for it from the head honcho (who imo is probably the big bad from within the order anyway)

nib95

Banned
Lots of new gameplay videos. Guy playing it says he's loving it.

Channel with the videos, all direct feed.

I'm skimmed through a few, nothing too spoilerish yet. One of the segments is one from a previous press demo they showed off (when you first get the Thermite Rifle), but in full. Honestly, this looks like just the sort of game I'm craving at the moment. Side note, it's crazy how they even nailed the physics of this thing.

Sackboy_Order_1886.jpg~original

luca_29_bg

I'm skimmed through a few, nothing too spoilerish yet. One of the segments is one from a previous press demo they showed off (when you first get the Thermite Rifle), but in full. Honestly, this looks like just the sort of game I'm craving at the moment. Side note, it's crazy how they even nailed the physics of this thing.

where are the parts 1 and 2 ? I_I

jmaine_ph

GLORIOUS!

Ricky_R

Hey guys, I'm not reading any spoilers. I just want to know if button prompts can be disabled, or if they are removed in the hardest difficulty.

Thanks.

Gurish

I've said it long before and people questioned me, The Order is a level above Uncharted 4 and any other console game that will come out this year, Uncharted has a bigger scale but no game can touch TO's level of fidelity, It's the closest we've ever been to CG quality.

Juras

Yeah, they bake all lighting for static geometry, slide 12
http://mynameismjp.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/rad_gdc_2014.pptx
All lighting :lol: :lol: :lol: Can You read? Slide 85 shows that direct lighting is dynamic
Dynamic lighting from the sun
, and only scattered light is baked
slide 83: Baked lighting from lightmaps and irradiance probes

Direct dynamic lighting +high quality lightmaps for scattered lighting + Spherical Harmonic + high quality Ambient Occlusion gives best lighting quality. There is no better solution (Voxel lighting is far too expensive, at least for this type of game). Impossible to reach that level of quality on Your beloved Cry Engine.

Unfortunately, (during one hour gameplay) there were two places with baked direct lighting and lack of character shadows but majority of the game lighting is dynamic.

Game looks blurry as hell. Is this more due to Youtube's codec algorithm fucking up the visual due to the motion blur used?

(Which I can attest can happen. Most web codecs are shit at images with many moving objects.)

cackhyena

It's my biggest fear. The game looks stunning, but I want to have interesting cat and mouse encounters with the AI, not a glorified shooting gallery.
Yeah, so far I haven't seen one compelling game play moment. I'd absolutely need the shoot outs to be fantastic to give this game a chance for anything but a deep discount. So far, eh. We'll see.

Aces&Eights

It's my biggest fear. The game looks stunning, but I want to have interesting cat and mouse encounters with the AI, not a glorified shooting gallery.

As would I but to be honest, seeing what that arc gun can do, I'm not going to complain if enemies line up so I can sit there and pop heads all day.

Top Bottom