• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886: Official spoiler thread for all black bars

OneLetter

Yeah hope you aren't pissed that I'm actively posting links here. If stuff is gonna get out, might as well regulate it within one thread so unsuspecting folks aren't affected :)

I won't lie that I'm a bit angry about each video that goes up, and I'd love if everyone around the world was given the game on the same day, so this didn't happen. I also understand that there are more than a few fans that really want to know the story, so it'll just be a fun little battle for the next week or so. :D

That also means I'm not in this thread to just to smile and wave. ;)

I won't lie that I'm a bit angry about each video that goes up, and I'd love if everyone around the world was given the game on the same day, so this didn't happen. I also understand that there are more than a few fans that really want to know the story, so it'll just be a fun little battle for the next week or so. :D

I imagine it must be hard having something that the team worked so hard on keeping secret get out in this fashion, but I guess it must be extremely difficult to keep these copies from getting out.

Still, you guys have clearly kept some stuff very expertly hidden and I appreciate that, it seems people are in for a huge surprise when they finally get to play the game for themselves.

Yeah it's extremely hard not to watch simple cause of the anticipation of getting this game in my hands. Staying strong though. I saw about 5 minutes and I'm done. I just can't.

viveks86

I won't lie that I'm a bit angry about each video that goes up, and I'd love if everyone around the world was given the game on the same day, so this didn't happen.

I understand. On the bright side, think of all the positivity this thread has generated. After seeing the videos, I'm certain this will spread good word of mouth for a stronger launch.

Haha. I'm sure you have dem ninjas on speed dial ;)

luca_29_bg

Oh that just reminded me…

When we played the 5th chapter at PSX, RAD said that is a little over 1/3rd into the game. I'm expecting 10-15 chapters, assuming they are all of similar length.

Nope, more than 24 chapters, i watched a stream on twitch with chapters selection

viveks86

Nope, more than 24 chapters, i watched a stream on twitch with chapters selection

o_O

That is a LOT. May be the later chapters are shorter…

And holy shit, there is SO much we haven't seen if there are that many chapters. Makes me feel better that the only thing spoilt so far is chapter 1.

Raide

7 Mins in and I am already sick of the game throwing up icons to interact with things. Add a little mystery to the game already!

I also expected more interaction in the opening moments, especially during your escape attempt. I wanted that body to fall out of the water in the interrogation room. Its like they did not put any physics in or something.

Will watch the rest!

7 Mins in and I am already sick of the game throwing up icons to interact with things. Add a little mystery to the game already!

I also expected more interaction in the opening moments, especially during your escape attempt. I wanted that body to fall out of the water in the interrogation room. Its like they did not put any physics in or something.

Will watch the rest!

How else are you supposed to know you can interact with something if there's no icon?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
FlxIuCe.png

Jimmy Smits is in this game? :lol

Raide

How else are you supposed to know you can interact with something if there's no icon?

Real world logic. The door stuff was silly. Just walk towards the door and have the player push the door open/turn the handle, or indicate if its locked.

I am sure this is just the tutorial stage but how many times does it need to say "Push Left Stick to move forward"

Hugstable

Banned

Games used to do it for a long time lol. I ain't complaining, I don't mind having icons, but I've been playing through the classic Resident Evil games on my Vita recently, and I'm getting by just fine without a single icon for anything.

OneLetter works at RAD ?

If so can you please give us some answers concerning game replayability ?

-> Are there any unlockable modes in the game ? Something like horde mode, challenge mode or unlimited ammo mode ?
-> Any unlockable skins/outfits ? I remember God of War had those.
-> Can we replay chapters at will ? If so, can we choose our weapons ? Let's say I want to replay first chapters with weapons that are only available later on.

-> And now the most important one (for me at least). Since combat looks very fun, especially with those crazy experimental weapons.... if I choose to replay a chapter can I load a specific checkpoint/part that features combat in that chapter ? In other words can I simply jump right into combat or will I have to wait and hear & replay all dialogs, cutscenes before I get to that part ?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could let us know.

Games used to do it for a long time lol. I ain't complaining, I don't mind having icons, but I've been playing through the classic Resident Evil games on my Vita recently, and I'm getting by just fine without a single icon for anything.

That's fair. I don't mind the way The Order does it but my favourite implementation is TLOU, the small white circle that appears as you get close to an item you can interact with.

viveks86

I wonder if there are options to turn it off after the first attempt.

OneLetter

OneLetter works at RAD ?

If so can you please give us some answers concerning game replayability ?

-> Can we replay chapters at will ?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could let us know.

I can't answer all of these, but I can confirm one of them:

You can go back and replay any chapter, or start at specific checkpoints within those chapters. This is both as you progress through the game, and once you've finished the game.

We also do offer a few alternate outfits (and weapon variations) via pre-orders, two of which come with the digital PSN pre-order.

He's RAD community manager, pretty cool guy. :D

<3

from a dutch presentation

3rgXBtUreJQ1wNJ7ck.gif

Man, that takes some skill to pull off. I barely saw the grenade coming in.

viveks86

Can you comment on whether we have any option to hide contextual button prompts after the first time we are instructed? For example, I don't want the game to tell me when to dodge after the first time it shows what button to press. Same goes for the stealth takedowns.

Similarly for opening doors. If it's always triangle, I'd rather not see it after the first time.

Begaria

Now, I'm not aiming this at you, though your comment sparked the final "well, I guess I gotta do this", but this is a complaint I've seen come up multiple times directed squarely at The Order: 1886.

Newsflash: Almost every third person shooter has those contextual buttons or "QTEs" popping up on screen. Some hide it better than others, but they're there. Here are a few examples

Dead Space, picking up an item, notice the big ol' "A" there?
27.jpg

Uncharted, picking up ammo/weapon, notice the Triangle?

The Evil Within even shows the button prompt when interacting with objects:

Gears of War: Judgement has similar interaction pop ups:

Tomb Raider (2013) also has this for picking up objects and examining them:
971088703.jpg

The Order: 1886 is just the next in line for an already established mechanic in the genre it represents.

You can go back and replay any chapter, or start at specific checkpoints within those chapters. This is both as you progress through the game, and once you've finished the game.

We also do offer a few alternate outfits (and weapon variations) via pre-orders, two of which come with the digital PSN pre-order.

Thanks, assuming there is collectibles ( :p ) that specific checkpoint option within chapters will be extremely useful.

I'm replaying TLOU now to get everything and some of the chapters are 2 hours long. If the collectible I need is right at the end of it, it's a bit of a pain to have to play the entire sequence

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yeah, I see the reticle and the meter draining in the corner.
Suppose I'm not familiar with how that particular system operates.
There's a special move of some kind that auto aims for you while slowing down time.

Raide

Now, I'm not aiming this at you, though your comment sparked the final "well, I guess I gotta do this", but this is a complaint I've seen come up multiple times directed squarely at The Order: 1886.

Newsflash: Almost every third person shooter has those contextual buttons or "QTEs" popping up on screen. Some hide it better than others, but they're there. Here are a few examples

*SNIP*

The Order: 1886 is just the next in line for an already established mechanic in the genre it represents.

I hope the option is there to turn them off. After the first few, people must know what button to press by now right?

Are gamers that lazy that we cannot remember a basic set of buttons? Older games did not have buttons flashing up to remind us of every simple command and interaction option.

A shame that this is now a staple of games and not just action/shooter based ones.

Still watching the footage and I do wish they toned down the blur and instead give it a nice crisp textured look. Amazing to think how detailed the textures are underneath all that smudge.

nib95

Banned
There's a special move of some kind that auto aims for you while slowing down time.

It auto aims, but you can still move the the cursor around to different parts of the target. Head, chest, arm, leg etc. Slow down head shots are still the ideal obviously (unless you're targeting a grenade).

Top Bottom