• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Thread of Ye Olde Photos [READ OP]

Dawg

screenshotsorder3xule.png

Despite its flaws, I do think it's worth praising this game's strongest asset. Therefore, I think we could use a thread in which we can share screenshots of the game. Hopefully, Photo Mode is on its way.

Same rules as the TLOU:R thread.

RULES:

• Limits: 3 images per post. If you have more than 3, link to an album or wait for somebody else to post.
  • Spamming: No double posting.
  • Spoilers: Please do not embed (img tags) any major plot points yet. You can still post them in a link format however (url tags), as long as you mark it as a spoiler. What is a spoiler? Story-heavy parts. Screenshots that give away major plot points etc.
  • Editing: Please do not edit your photos in any image editing programs. Vanilla only. There is already a thread for edited screenshots. You can resize images to as low as 1280px wide.
  • Read and follow the hosting and compression requirements.
Compression and Hosting

Posting screenshots with the best quality possible is a good habit to get into, and as such this topic will only allow screenshots that meet the following requirements:

• Images from a capture card uploaded to a permitted host.
  • Images from the SHARE button that are retrieved from the PS4 with a USB drive and then uploaded to a permitted host.
Rehosting notice:
Uploading your image to Facebook or Twitter from your PS4 and then rehosting it on one of the permitted hosts does not help your image, it is still super compressed and does not look pretty. The USB method + a good host from the start is the only way you can use the Share button for this thread.

Permitted hosts:

• Flickr: Two terabytes of storage and great for screenshot library management.
  • Picpar: Brought to you by none other than X3sphere, a simple and efficient image host.
  • Abload: Easy to use, doesn't compress jpegs further, auto-converts bmps to png nicely.
  • Minus: A solid alternative to Abload, though slow to load for some.
  • Photobucket: As long as you don't have the hosting/bandwidth cap they're pretty good.
  • Cubeupload: Advertises no compression, also fast.
  • Your own server or website
Banned hosts:

• Facebook
  • Imgur [EDIT: YOU CAN USE IT ON PNGs UNDER 2 MB]
  • Tinypic
  • Imageshack
  • Twitter
How do I export to USB?

14583588858_b5d6e40f42_c.jpg

Donthizz#

Can someone post a pic from the scene where Galahad is looking down at the city during the end credits. Got batman vibes from that scene.

Hoje0308

Banned
I have almost 600 photos to go through already and I've not even finished the game yet. BRB.

BRB = 12-16 hours

BokehKing

Banned
Was doing the same thing earlier, everytime I go to take a picture though , the wind is always messing up Galavants hair though

Man

Its hard to convey the full impact without moving images as one needs to see how perfectly light plays with all objects.

b0bbyJ03

as amazing as these screenshots look, the game in motion looks so much better imo. there is something the screenshots can't capture, but maybe its just me.

Cubed

as amazing as these screenshots look, the game in motion looks so much better imo. there is something the screenshots can't capture, but maybe its just me.
The detailed animations and camera lens effects all get lost in screenshots.

dEvAnGeL

i still fail to understand why devs try so hard to create a great looking game and than poop all over the IQ with that disgusting grain filter, absolutely hideous, on the other hand im enjoying the game a lot, keep the screens coming

CozMick

Banned
i still fail to understand why devs try so hard to create a great looking game and than poop all over the IQ with that disgusting grain filter, absolutely hideous, on the other hand im enjoying the game a lot, keep the screens coming

That is your opinion of course but the film grain is exceptionally used in this. I love it.

I only find the film grain noticeable and distracting in screenshots. On my setup at least, playing several feet away from a good sized tv, I don't notice it at all.

I really hope they implement a photo mode ala many of the other PS4 exclusives because god does this game ever need it.

fastmower

I think the grain filter is used very tastefully.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.

It's for dat cinematic feel.

EGM1966

You're telling me you can't work out why specifically The Order has a grain filter?

pottuvoi

Banned
Small amount of grain or dithering is good for image quality as it can be used to create gradient between banding colors. (8bits is not enough.)

Top Bottom