• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Thread of Ye Olde Photos [READ OP]

AS0m68u.jpg

Haha. Wow..

Awesome...

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Is there any word on when/if they're going to add a photo mode?
I love the look of the materials in this game.. these are probably the closest to photo-realism out of all the shots I've taken.

15982654523_e1b2ff7108_o.png

15976310124_350e7df33d_o.png

16569538776_37032d6465_o.png

These screens do a good job of selling the film grain as an important part of The Order's aesthetic. The game would look too antiseptic and artificial without it.

LordofPwn

just looking through the photos in this thread makes me want to play this more. it's amazing how far realtime graphics have gone even in the past 5 years.

RAD has done an insane job on visual quality here and i can not wait to see a game like God of War use this tech.

I haven't posted these yet in the Console Screenshot Thread because I know some people there prefer gameplay shots instead of cutscene shots.. but as of right now there is no way to really get up close and see the quality of the models (photo mode where are you?!) so I figured I'd post these here instead of the other thread.

16607809892_22b620ef06_o.png

16432194450_27363e72ea_o.png

16416586109_0f016572df_o.png

..and here's a .GIF of that second screenshot from earlier, "Stop for a pint, did you?"

that docks level is probably the most beautiful thing i ve ever seen. sadly doesn't come across that good in screen form.

theorder_1886_2015022c4jnd.jpg

theorder_1886_2015022b6jx5.jpg

theorder_1886_20150228cj31.jpg

that poly count, detail density and material quality. absolutely crazy.

Melchiah

I haven't posted these yet in the Console Screenshot Thread because I know some people there prefer gameplay shots instead of cutscene shots.. but as of right now there is no way to really get up close and see the quality of the models (photo mode where are you?!) so I figured I'd post these here instead of the other thread.

You can get pretty good closeups during the gameplay as well.

ibcLd57hWFJmGr.jpg

Chapter 5 spoiler:
http://i.minus.com/iq5wdte0FaS3f.jpg

I was testing what level of capture quality would suffice for the 1920x800 image with film grain, and these are the results of first capture session. Glad to finally have a bit of time to play through more of the game, even if it's under not-so-great circumstances.

5gL2Qe.png

LX0kvp.png

mj5c3V.png

Considering going through PS4's video output settings and calibrating them to the Elgato. May have disabled deep color or other settings when I was using it on an older projector the night of picking it up.

The game badly needs a photo mode. RAD dropped the ball there. It's stunning to look at most of the time and I took a few snaps throughout but wished I could have taken the perfect photo like in TLoU.

Three more, though further calibration testing will take place when I figure out what discrepancies there are between DVD/BD playback and color-handling for games.

ATMGEe.png

hLqahM.png

qR0CpI.png

Figured a few without motion blur would be fun, even though your memory (correctly) tells you these parts were motion blurred.

bg3CYA.png

U8UV88.png

hoIek3.png

Top Bottom