• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outrun Online Arcade (XBLA/PSN) Official Thread

xemumanic

Trojan X said:
Isamu @ Regarding your videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfO_EPKIBcU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67hWuwR-IY0

I think you should create your OWN thread that talks about your racing gaming rig setup for I think it's superb, an absolute sight to behold and something that some journalist might want to cover. Heh, I know that I will give you some coverage if I was still a journalist.

If you could take some photos of your rig and talk about where you can get these parts, how its all set up, etc, just so other people can assemble something like that at their home too. Is that wheel compatible with the PS3 and Xbox too? If it is then how does GT and other games feel with the wheel? So many questions...

Also don't forget to talk about the speakers placements and try out other games too. Lastly, don't worry about the Logitech G25 bash for I'm in agreement with you that if it doesn't feel like the arcades then I do not want to know... though I do like to hear a good comparison analysis between to two and many more.

Heck, I came in here to tell him he should post more videos, but I agree, you should start a thread about this stuff. Also, yeah, the Logitech talk came off like he was bashing, but unless I'm mistaken, didn't he say that the wheel he uses costs $1,000+? It was 3AM when I was watching them, so maybe I dreamt that part, but its gotta be more expensive than the Logitech wheels for sure.

Anyway Isamu, good stuff. Hope you provide us with more info.

alex1893

sad news :(

guess it's everywhere, it disappeared from german PSN as well.

Just checked Steam as I own "Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast" there... also no more available for new users.

Trojan X

Banned
xemumanic said:
Heck, I came in here to tell him he should post more videos, but I agree, you should start a thread about this stuff. Also, yeah, the Logitech talk came off like he was bashing, but unless I'm mistaken, didn't he say that the wheel he uses costs $1,000+? It was 3AM when I was watching them, so maybe I dreamt that part, but its gotta be more expensive than the Logitech wheels for sure.

I believe he said over $3,000 but don't quote me on that for only he can give us the correct answer.

It's clear as day that Isamu got the top-of-the-range racing-rig setup, almost like how someone have a top-of-the-range HD Home Theatre setup. I guess the thing to do is now that we all can see what is possible, we just need to scale and assess what we need to do to get the near equivalent within budget or the exact same setup. After all, I certainly would LOVE to have something like that in my home but since I have to think about spacing and flexibility (No garage though I would have turned that into my cinema room instead) I have to start thinking what do I have to purchase to get the near-equivalent setup instead.

cruden_simulator.jpg

1679_daytona-usa-2-deluxe_std.jpg

INSERT ISAMU'S RACING RIG HERE

Jealousy is a negetive emotion that can also give you something to strive for.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Trojan X said:
Isamu @ Regarding your videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfO_EPKIBcU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67hWuwR-IY0

I think you should create your OWN thread that talks about your racing gaming rig setup for I think it's superb, an absolute sight to behold and something that some journalist might want to cover. Heh, I know that I will give you some coverage if I was still a journalist.

If you could take some photos of your rig and talk about where you can get these parts, how its all set up, etc, just so other people can assemble something like that at their home too. Is that wheel compatible with the PS3 and Xbox too? If it is then how does GT and other games feel with the wheel? So many questions...

Also don't forget to talk about the speakers placements and try out other games too. Lastly, don't worry about the Logitech G25 bash for I'm in agreement with you that if it doesn't feel like the arcades then I do not want to know... though I do like to hear a good comparison analysis between to two and many more.

xemumanic said:

Trojan X said:
I believe he said over $3,000 but don't quote me on that for only he can give us the correct answer.

It's clear as day that Isamu got the top-of-the-range racing-rig setup, almost like how someone have a top-of-the-range HD Home Theatre setup. I guess the thing to do is now that we all can see what is possible, we just need to scale and assess what we need to do to get the near equivalent within budget or the exact same setup. After all, I certainly would LOVE to have something like that in my home but since I have to think about spacing and flexibility (No garage though I would have turned that into my cinema room instead) I have to start thinking what do I have to purchase to get the near-equivalent setup instead.

cruden_simulator.jpg

1679_daytona-usa-2-deluxe_std.jpg

INSERT ISAMU'S RACING RIG HERE

Jealousy is a negetive emotion that can also give you something to strive for.

:lol:

I appreciate the kind words Trojan and xemumanic. To be honest I've had this rig for over 6 years now, minus the wheel. It's just that I've been too busy/lazy to make any vids and plus I didn't own a digi cam until recently. I posted my vids in the "You are not hardcore" thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394937

...but with the way the forum is nowadays it's so saturated with posts and activity that it's easy to miss a lot of good threads. The ones I try to keep up with are always on the 5th page of the forum. That's why I don't start a new thread since it'll get buried on page 12 in line 5 seconds :lol:

Anyway I have some heartbreaking news....my digital camera has malfunctioned. It won't take any more pics or vids and I don't know why. So unfortunately it'll be a while before I post more vids/pics. I'll have to either try and get this one repaired or just save and buy a new one. Sorry about that. Patience though I'll eventually post more vids. You can read some other thoughts of I have on the setup in *THIS THREAD* and *THIS THREAD*

And yeah, the wheel was a bit pricey, at a cool $2700 and another $700 for the pedals. But it was well worth it :) Oh and no PS3 compatibility, which is quite a bummer :( TBH though I'm so satisfied with what PC driving games/racers have to offer, it doesn't really matter. GT5 is the only console racer I'm interested in(well, that and OOA) but I'll just play it with a pad.

V_Ben

Banned
Got a response from the EU store manager, and the game was indeed removed at the request of SEGA. Wasn't told why, but there you go.

DonMigs85

My guess is that SEGA had to pay royalties or something which outstripped the profit they get per download (except for XBLA).

Polk

DonMigs85 said:
My guess is that SEGA had to pay royalties or something which outstripped the profit they get per download (except for XBLA).
Yeah. Probably they had some deal with Ferrari when Outrun 2 was released. Deal ran out so they removed non 360 versions of the game.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Agent X said:
Just out of curiosity, what's different between this and OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast that was released in the US?

Late reply, but the JP version of SP on the PS2 was released like a year later and was basically got that last layer of polish that made it closer to the arcade original, with all the little details and missing animations added back in, like the shuttle launch on at the end of goal D and the afterburner flyby. Online play (which is dead anyway) was stripped out and force feedback support for logitech wheels was added. I have like, 4 versions of the game and it's the one I play the most.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
isamu said:
PC is....well, let's just say I've had a change of heart. Go read *THIS THREAD* if you want to see my thoughts on why I now think the PC version is utter crap!

And now this situation with the PS3 version getting removed. *sigh*....it appears the actual arcade version of OR2SP DX on the Sega Lindbergh had the last laugh afterall.

Hi Isamu! Remember me? :)
Well, I just wanted to tell you that, my man, you saved yourself the trouble of checking into rehab for severe clinical depression since I can 100% confirm that the PSN versione as well is utter crap for what we want to do with it.
There's no fucking force feedback as well. Just the same messed up rumble and "heavy wheel" effect there was on 360.
It's even more fucking crazy since iirc Sega added FFB support just for the PS2 Jap version of OR2CTC, even tho I never had a chance to try it so I dunno, could be crap as well.

I should know, since in the last few months I have wasted money on:

Outrun 2 C2C PC
Outrun Online Arcade X360
Outrun Online Arcade PSN.

I'm fucking crushed myself, one of the reason I ditched the 360 as a racing console and went with a g27 for the ps3 was to finally have a proper experience with Outrun 2. Fuck this shit.
And Sega Rally Revo PC is giving me a fucking headache on top of that.

But anyway, what sucks the most is that the OROA is a fucking gem besides the FFB fuck-up.
It's like looking at this jar full of cookies which look awesome but when you taste 'em they're CRAP, CRAP! And you just don't undesrtand why the fuck they've filled it with SHIT when they could've gone with CHOCOLATE all the same, if other than to spite you and your sorry ass.

DonMigs85

CecilRousso said:
If you delete the game from your PS3, can you download it again later from PSN?
Yes anything you bought will be in your download list permanently. So it's still sitting on the servers, you just can't see it in the shop or buy it new anymore.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Dash Kappei said:
Hi Isamu! Remember me? :)
Well, I just wanted to tell you that, my man, you saved yourself the trouble of checking into rehab for severe clinical depression since I can 100% confirm that the PSN versione as well is utter crap for what we want to do with it.
There's no fucking force feedback as well. Just the same messed up rumble and "heavy wheel" effect there was on 360.
It's even more fucking crazy since iirc Sega added FFB support just for the PS2 Jap version of OR2CTC, even tho I never had a chance to try it so I dunno, could be crap as well.

I should know, since in the last few months I have wasted money on:

Outrun 2 C2C PC
Outrun Online Arcade X360
Outrun Online Arcade PSN.

I'm fucking crushed myself, one of the reason I ditched the 360 as a racing console and went with a g27 for the ps3 was to finally have a proper experience with Outrun 2. Fuck this shit.
And Sega Rally Revo PC is giving me a fucking headache on top of that.

But anyway, what sucks the most is that the OROA is a fucking gem besides the FFB fuck-up.
It's like looking at this jar full of cookies which look awesome but when you taste 'em they're CRAP, CRAP! And you just don't undesrtand why the fuck they've filled it with SHIT when they could've gone with CHOCOLATE all the same, if other than to spite you and your sorry ass.

Wow dude, no kidding? The PS3 version of OOA doesn't have true FFB and just has the same shitty rumble that the xbox 360 version has? Well damn, if that's the case then I guess I can sleep good at night. I was seriously going to unmount my 7000ffb wheel and mount the Happ wheel since that one works with PS3. But if the damn game doesn't have true force feedback and it feels like crap with your G27, then it's certainly not gonna feel any better on my happ.

Screw it, I'll just wait til the import Japanese PS2 version is emu'd properly. Supposedly the FFB in that one feels excellent with the Logitech wheels.

Thanks for the heads up on this Dash. I can put this issue somewhat to rest now.

Dash Kappei

isamu said:
Wow dude, no kidding? The PS3 version of OOA doesn't have true FFB and just has the same shitty rumble that the xbox 360 version has? Well damn, if that's the case then I guess I can sleep good at night. I was seriously going to unmount my 7000ffb wheel and mount the Happ wheel since that one works with PS3. But if the damn game doesn't have true force feedback and it feels like crap with your G27, then it's certainly not gonna feel any better on my happ.

Screw it, I'll just wait til the import Japanese PS2 version is emu'd properly. Supposedly the FFB in that one feels excellent with the Logitech wheels.

Thanks for the heads up on this Dash. I can put this issue somewhat to rest now.

No prob mate, I hate being the bearer of such a bad news but that is it.
Your HAPP doesn't deserve this crap, nevermind the ECCI lol, glad I took the bullet with the G27 :lol
But you read my mind, I want to use pcsx2 to import and game ORC2C jpn, but your words about "waiting for proper emulation" are making me nervous -_-
The only reason I'm not considering going for a proper cab is that I just know you've gotta be at least a bit proficient with fixing this stuff... and I'm bad with everything DIY, not a good match would that be, sob.

Tomasooie said:
So much for that one guy who was convinced this was Microsoft's doing. :lol
Gonna have to purchase this posthaste.

We blame big bad MS (oh wait it's M$) for everything around this part. I think it's has to do with the way Ferrari licensed their cars, the same thing happen with Shift expansion pack only on 360 and the Ferrari Challenge game only available on Wii and PS3.

Anyway, it's suck because I hate digital download future and this is one of the reason why I dispite it. There will be no "used" copy of Outrun Online to buy after the game is delisted.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
antiquegamer said:
Anyway, it's suck because I hate digital download future and this is one of the reason why I dispite it. There will be no "used" copy of Outrun Online to buy after the game is delisted.
And there'd be no Outrun Online without it, this game wasn't going to hit retail.

So when is Outrun going to be pulled off? I still see it on the stores.

But that sucks. I was hoping maybe they'll add a DLC for the 2nd part of the game since this game only had the first part. :(

Princess Skittles said:
And there'd be no Outrun Online without it, this game wasn't going to hit retail.

And you know this because you work for Sega? If true then yes I suppose it's better to have it than never able to purchase it. Doesn't change the fact that I hate the upcoming digital download future. Call me old fashioned but I like my game in box with stuff I don't need.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
So when is Outrun going to be pulled off? I still see it on the stores.

But that sucks. I was hoping maybe they'll add a DLC for the 2nd part of the game since this game only had the first part. :(
Gamasutra says the XBLA version will be delisted in December. You still have some time there.

Yeah, this sucks. Does Sega not have the money to renew the license anymore?

isamu

wait a minute they're pulling it from XBLA & steam too? That's bonkers.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Glad I have the game on XBLA, PSN, PSP, and also the Japanese version on PS2. That really sucks though. :/

EDIT: Just bought a new copy of the PC version off Amazon. Just in case!

twinturbo2 said:
Gamasutra says the XBLA version will be delisted in December. You still have some time there.

Probably doesn't make enough money to justify renewing the license, plus some other devs just did a big deal with Ferrari to put out stuff like 'Ferrari Challenge' etc. So maybe Ferrari wanted more cash or were unwilling. I can never find an online match on the game (PS3), so I doubt they think it'd be profitable at this stage. Sucks really.

twinturbo2 said:

Wait, wait, wait, so what happens if I need to switch HDDs or I need to re-download my game for any reason?

This is one of my favorite games in my collection. I'm not prepared to part with it.

Aaron

Dark Octave said:
Wait, wait, wait, so what happens if I need to switch HDDs or I need to re-download my game for any reason?

This is one of my favorite games in my collection. I'm not prepared to part with it.
You will always be able to re-download it from your download history. This has been true for games de-listed in the past.

twinturbo2 said:

December 2011, quite a bit of time :D

Why For?

Banned
Just a quick question because the GnG thread got me thinking.

I've downloaded the Trial of this on XBLA. Can I activate the full version after it's been removed? Or do I need to activate before then?

V_Ben

Banned
Why For? said:

I've downloaded the Trial of this on XBLA. Can I activate the full version after it's been removed? Or do I need to activate before then?

I would recommend activating before then, just to be safe...

Why For? said:

Before. I have trial versions of some things that have been removed (UMK, Lost Cities, some Xbox Indie games) and you can't finish a purchase of them.

Why For?

Banned
HadesGigas said:
Before. I have trial versions of some things that have been removed (UMK, Lost Cities, some Xbox Indie games) and you can't finish a purchase of them.

Ah shit, thanks.

Anyone remember when this goes offline on the XBLA?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I can imagine plenty of people thinking the same, next thing BAM! Dec 2011 is here and some people forget. :D

isamu

Sega will be doing themselves a great disservice if they do NOT announce OutRun 3 this year. The fans demand it, the retailers demand it, the gaming industry demands it, and the Japanese and New York stock exchanges are demanding it!

Dash Kappei

400 points for this game is a great deal!
Except I hace it already on xbla and psn :p

Isamu, you mean an arcade release I hope, coin-operared with a perfect conversion to follow shortly... Lol, yeah right.

isamu

Dash Kappei said:
Isamu, you mean an arcade release I hope, coin-operared with a perfect conversion to follow shortly... Lol, yeah right.

'tis the wish, my friend :D

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So, I know this has been discussed before.

This XBLA version of the game is better or worse than the OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast PC version?

I bought that on Steam (also before it got taken out). I ask solely for the Single Player experience, because I'd never play it for the multiplayer.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
isamu said:
Sega will be doing themselves a great disservice if they do NOT announce OutRun 3 this year. The fans demand it, the retailers demand it, the gaming industry demands it, and the Japanese and New York stock exchanges are demanding it!
They should add more than just Ferraris. Maybe the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster, Koeingsegg Agera, see if EA can lend the Porsche license so the Carrera GT, 911 Turbo S Roadster and 918 Spyder Hybrid Concept can be added in, maybe a Lamborghini or two... and the convertible Testarossa, of course, it wouldn't be an OutRun game without it.

It'd probably be a better idea to just do an Outrunners 2.
Lots of different vehicles and more importantly Sega can just fake something up and not have to actually license the Ferrari.

isamu

twinturbo2 said:
They should add more than just Ferraris. Maybe the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster, Koeingsegg Agera, see if EA can lend the Porsche license so the Carrera GT, 911 Turbo S Roadster and 918 Spyder Hybrid Concept can be added in, maybe a Lamborghini or two... and the convertible Testarossa, of course, it wouldn't be an OutRun game without it.

Would be awesome I agree, but since they lost the license they'd definitely have to call those cars something else. "Fan-Rarries"? "Furr-Rareez"? :p

PepsimanVsJoe said:
It'd probably be a better idea to just do an Outrunners 2.
Lots of different vehicles and more importantly Sega can just fake something up and not have to actually license the Ferrari.

I was JUST gonna suggest the same thing!!! :D

Top Bottom