• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

Are you guys in Japan playing a lot of PSP games on your vitas? It's all I really plan to do for a while, was hoping they all upscale very well or if there were problems...

I've been playing a LOT of PSP on my Vita. Most recently it's been Umineko no Naku Koro ni Portable 1 and Valkyria Chronicles 3 Extra. I've beaten Final Fantasy Type 0 but I'm still dabbling with post-game stuff.

It looks great IMO.

dreamfall

I'm in Chapter 12, and I'm absolutely LOVING everything about it! Vita touchscreen controls have been implemented in some amazing ways, and it looks incredible. I didn't really like UC3, and I loved UC1+UC2. I hope this ends well, because it has been amazing thus far.

Finally got time to play through it slowly, and I'm dedicating some major Vita time to it. Kudos to Bend!

Alright, quick impressions of SSD. Music is killer, there are only 2 weapons instead of 3 (at least in the demo planet) they are fire and ice. 2 different modes, one with all the touch and tilt special weapons and one that is "classic" with bomb only. It seems like there are separate leaderboards for both.

But yeah, it plays like SSHD but now for a portable system. Looks fantastic and is locked at 60fps. I could definitely see myself putting a lot of time into it. Now I wait for my PSN code from Japan-Codes, hopefully it doesn't take too long this time.

Edit: BTW, Ragnarok Odyssey demo is up too, also 220 MB. Impressions forthcoming, but keep in mind that it is Japanese heavy so my impressions may not be a comprehinsive as the dudes that can understand the language.

Ragnarok Odyssey seems..... okay? I thought it was gonna be more MonHun but it is actually more Phantasy Star Portable. Combat is fast, graphically it looks clean but it doesn't look amazing. Like I said, I don't know any Japanese so some of the intricacies are lost on me but the missions in the demo are fairly straightforward.

So, nothing amazing but not awful either.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the two options that appear when you attempt to download a demo? I thought the right one would be "ok" and left would be "cancel" like it is on PS3, but I noticed that they both queue up the download just the same. What have I been clicking?! lol

Anyway, the WipEout 2048 intro is pretty damn cool. Very Gran Turismo. I'll see if I can record it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Cards are physically shorter then SD Micros (slightly thicker though). If they ever happen - expect adapters to be the kind that sticks out of your card-slot.

I figured that might be the case, but I'll deal. Rather deal with that and be able to get a big class 10 memory card on the cheap. I'd like a 16 gig card at the very least, and 32 gigs would be preferable.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the two options that appear when you attempt to download a demo? I thought the right one would be "ok" and left would be "cancel" like it is on PS3, but I noticed that they both queue up the download just the same. What have I been clicking?! lol

Anyway, the WipEout 2048 intro is pretty damn cool. Very Gran Turismo. I'll see if I can record it.
You are asked if you want to add downloading this demo to the "recent activity" list if I remember correctly.

Ok, after clearing 2 of the 3 Ragnarok Odyssey demo quests I've got to say I like it more than during the Vita campaign but the controls still feel a bit clunky. Also the flow of the game doesn't seem as good as it should be. Character models are pretty good but the locations feel barren and a bit small.

I think that first box that pops up asks if you want to share what you are downloading in your friend feed. (At least I think that is what they said on the RedSunGamer launch stream)

^What Keiician said :D

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bah, the most annoying thing in RO is being knocked down while trying to do something when a bunch of enemies surround you. The character just slowly falls flat to the ground, uh.

May16

(Wipeout online question edited out)

I just clicked the 900-yen online pass in the PSN Store and it didn't charge me, probably because it can see I bought the game and have not gone online yet.

What a stupid system.

Fix this in a firmware update, Sony. Crikey.

Got Wipeout of the PSN Store.
I'm tryna use the online and it says "requires a PSN account and a Network Pass voucher." Where the heck do I find this voucher?

Do I enter it the same place I did with Hot Shots Golf? The code came printed in the manual and I entered it in the PSN Store, then restarted the game and I could go online. Do I do the same with Wipeout? More importantly, where do I find that bloody voucher?

Jeeze, I hope you can figure this out quick or GAF > Internet > GAF will start again with the online pass being sold separately on Vita games. =(

Takao

Banned
Sony owns lemmings??

I believe so, they published PSP, PS2, and PS3 versions of the game in every territory those versions came out in. The latest release was a retail release of the Move patched PS3 game in a "Move Mind Benders" compilation for Europe, published by SCEE last fall.

May16

Jeeze, I hope you can figure this out quick or GAF > Internet > GAF will start again with the online pass being sold separately on Vita games. =(
Post edited now that I know the solution.

Dear The Internet,
I just asked a question and found the answer. Don't get crazy. Please?

Takao

Banned
I'll make sure to edit my post once I know the answer.

Dear The Internet,
Nothing is confirmed here, I'm just asking a question. Don't get crazy. Please?

Go back to the PSN and check your download list, and see if you have an online pass as a separate listing. This is the case for PSP games with online passes bought off PSN.

DCharlie

Banned
No it wasn't. It was Team 17.

No it wasn't. It was DMA Design.

Lemmings was part of my Software Engineering degree. We had to replicate all the lemmings and their behaviours ... in Pascal. lol. I think it was a Liverpool thang from the Psygnosis link.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'll make sure to edit my post once I know the answer.

Dear The Internet,
Nothing is confirmed here, I'm just asking a question. Don't get crazy. Please?

Check the store and game page.
I would think you need to download the online pass from the store along with the game. It should be free.

Takao

Banned
No it wasn't. It was DMA Design.

Lemmings was part of my Software Engineering degree. We had to replicate all the lemmings and their behaviours ... in Pascal. lol. I think it was a Liverpool thang from the Psygnosis link.

Looking around, the PS3, PSP, and PS2 versions were made by Team 17. The original game was indeed created by the team who would become Rockstar North.

DCharlie

Banned
Had no idea they made that version. Interesting.

same here - you learn something new every day! :D

Does the JPN PSN Store work for you currently? I can't access anything online now.

it's getting hammered - i tried to access from a few wifi spots after Wipeout/Stardust went up and it was crawling.

Obviously no one is actually downloading the games because that would be silly! ;)

(i got Wipeout 2048 retail - oh my .... booooooooing)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
same here - you learn something new every day! :D

it's getting hammered - i tried to access from a few wifi spots after Wipeout/Stardust went up and it was crawling.

Obviously no one is actually downloading the games because that would be silly! ;)

(i got Wipeout 2048 retail - oh my .... booooooooing)

I hate you so much right now. :(

Top Bottom