• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

online play patch coming to Ragnarok sometimes after launch. http://andriasang.com/comzp1/ragnarok_odyssey_patch/

Asked when we can expect the update, Morishita said that the game was developed with plans to add online play support soon after release. He promised that fans won't have to wait too long. In fact, the reason online play didn't make it out at launch is that they wanted to make sure the network play quality was high enough.

your move Sony.

grendelrt

°°ToMmY°°;34391231 said:
In Europe you can't lock a device to a specific carrier, eu regulation prevents that.

Nope, that is a country specific thing. Here in Germany it is definitely possible to lock a device to a certain carrier.

PS3 CFW users can enable remote play for many games that don't have official support for that. Just one simple edit of one line in a game's INI file. Google it

edit - beaten

Yep, but the Vita has all the necessary controls, so there's a good chance we'll see it enabled for all games this time. I expect we'll know more around the launch of Vita in the West, but the last news a while ago was that all games would support remote play at PSP resolution, and some games would support it at higher to native resolution, but these would have to have some kind of native support as it cost too much memory on the PS3 side or something.

newsguy

Yep, but the Vita has all the necessary controls, so there's a good chance we'll see it enabled for all games this time. I expect we'll know more around the launch of Vita in the West, but the last news a while ago was that all games would support remote play at PSP resolution, and some games would support it at higher to native resolution, but these would have to have some kind of native support as it cost too much memory on the PS3 side or something.
I've seen a couple of youtube vids claiming a handful of games don't work on remote play already.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Let me get something straight real quick. The Vita, as it stands, can not play PS One titles bought from PSN?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Let me get something straight real quick. The Vita, as it stands, can not play PS One titles bought from PSN?
Yes.

Edit:
Too slow. Guess I'll use this post to whine about no Rayman Origins Vita release date - still no information in this week's Famitsu. :(

kuroshiki

Ok. this might be better place to ask a question.

If one has two vitas, can that two vitas share one game from PSN? (Assuming they logged on to same account). If that's possible, then can one play multiplayer mode with two vitas at the same time? (for example, brothers playing hot shots golf together)

Suzzopher

Any indication this the ability to play them will be added?

From Sony's Euro FAQs:
Is PS Vita compatible with other PlayStation formats?

You can play PSP titles, minis and PS one Classics available from PS Store. We do not have any plans to make PS Vita compatible with PS3 or PS2 titles at this point.
http://uk.playstation.com/psvita/support/general/detail/item391536/Games-and-Media/

Good chance the ability will be added by the western launch.

WipEout -- Hell yeah. I love how precise you have to be to get the Elite pass. Add in multiplayer and friend's best times showing up during the (longgggg) loading screens, and I can see myself glued to this game for a long. ass. time.

Starstrike Delta -- Never played the PS3 one, but man, this is another addicting game. In simplest terms, I guess I would describe it as Geometry Wars meets Ikaruga, with cool music? Again, love the fact that your PSN friend's best scores show up as you are selecting your mode/etc. I'm big into friendly competition.

Ragnarok Odyssey -- Other than the fact that I wish it would play on nostalgia a bit more (maybe the final game will -- I was a big RO fan for many years), I had a lot of fun with the demo, and was pleased that it offered a bit more content than I was expecting. I like the air combo and enemy-blasting aspects of the combat system -- it seems like crowd control will play a big part, which takes the strategy from "smash triangle and circle until it dies" to "what should I do next..." Also love how speedy it is, airdashing, and air attacking in general. I also love games with the "even common enemies will very rarely drop decent items (in this case, cards)" aspect that this seems like it will have, which was something I always appreciated about RO and PSO. Not blown away with it, but it was a pick-up before, and it certainly still is a pick-up.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wish it would play on nostalgia a bit more (maybe the final game will -- I was a big RO fan for many years)
I think that's my biggest issue with the game at the moment, aside from the gameplay aspects I don't really like (yet). And to be frank, the information released until know don't really give much hope about old and loved MVPs like Garm, Maya etc. making a big return here. Hell, the game takes place in a Fort instead of Prontera or some other well known city.

I think that's my biggest issue with the game at the moment, aside from the gameplay aspects I don't really like (yet). And to be frank, the information released until know don't really give much hope about old and loved MVPs like Garm, Maya etc. making a big return here. Hell, the game takes place in a Fort instead of Prontera or some other well known city.

Yeah, I know -- have we heard if that is the only location in the game yet? I was surprised, but at the same time, it is a total MH carbon-copy town.

Gacha-pin

Where are the Stardust and Wipeout screens1?!?

here you are

P5oQh.jpg

NEZIA.jpg

ethw0.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Eh, that didn't sync right with my eyes in terms of his analog movements and the on screen representation of that. And then he turns the lights off. Can't see anything. Why hasn't anyone just confirmed some games here on GAF? It's not like no one has it here. I don't buy it right now. Looks like a video.

Top Bottom