• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

Now I want a game with the futuristic cars that are just before the first wipeout vehicles.

256px-RollcageBox.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQtSrBpPr9c

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm getting my arse kicked by course 5-2 on minna no golf. Done the rest of the bronze and unlocked silver, but this one is killing me. Any tips? Everything seems to go in a bunker or OB.

Now I want a game with the futuristic cars that are just before the first wipeout vehicles.

Rollcage, bro.

Would be nice if Rollcage made a comeback next.

EDIT: err I dunno how I missed the Rollcage boxart response lol

Anyway, it's a pretty awesome game so far.
The loading times are pretty damn annoying, though. Hope it gets patched to cut load times down a little.

I will always choose physical media over dd when given an option. Can't explain it. Just feels like I have something more tangible. That, and I like to see my collection.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Speaking of Psygnosis long dead and forgotten IPs, I think that now with the huge success of TES Skyrim SCEE need to bring back Drakan IP,it can be Skyrim clone+actually riding Dragons on the go that can be freaking sweet and actually sell.

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates bombed because the fans were on PC (Drakan: Order of the Flame ) and it was a step back sequel in every way because of PS2 limitations, but it's over 10 years now and the hardware can do it,so new Drakan on Vita/PS3/PS4 whatever can have a chance ( also Dragons are cool again).

So what was the Wipeout price approximate to in USD on PSN? I'm trying to get an idea of what they will be selling it for come the 15th.

Toki767

Should be $30 unless they surprise us with some PSN discount shenanigans. Not counting on that though.

It'd be great if they could maybe give PS+ members $5 to $10 off the games when they're released. That would probably encourage both PS+ memberships and people buying more games digitally.

JWong

Banned
It'd be great if they could maybe give PS+ members $5 to $10 off the games when they're released. That would probably encourage both PS+ memberships and people buying more games digitally.

Have they done that for Japan? If they didn't, then I'm confident they won't for the other regions at launch.

e_i

But they are building similar awesome looking tech, Crystal LED. No back light, subpixels are creating light themselves, uber fast response time, true blacks, high contrast, low power, maximum viewing angle with not visual drops.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKdfhQIFjDE

It's weird that they're abandoning OLED except when it comes to the Vita. Will they abandon the OLED screen for Crystal LED in the next iteration of the Vita?

It's weird that they're abandoning OLED except when it comes to the Vita. Will they abandon the OLED screen for Crystal LED in the next iteration of the Vita?
Sony has stated that they can make the Crystal led at large sizes much easier than oled. They will continue to user oled for smaller screens.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Friends, message and trophy app really should be integrated, navigating through all 3 of them is a chore.

The first time I hit Zone Mode last night, I think my brain melted and my eyes lit on fire from the pure sexiness.

Seriously, my brain was just like "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS THE COLORS AHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Jonnyram

The first time I hit Zone Mode last night, I think my brain melted and my eyes lit on fire from the pure sexiness.

Seriously, my brain was just like "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS THE COLORS AHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Yep! I had another go on the train this morning to see how many heads I could turn lol

No, you have to press start and enter photo mode for that. On the other hand, those screenshots have much better quality than the normal ones.

So I'm guess that pic is from photo mode ;)

Anyway, I still haven't seen a Vita in person. As good as the screen shots look, I'm guess you can't really appreciate it till you see it for yourself.

I wish Sony would put out some demo kiosks in some retail locations.

YOU HAVE MY MONEY. LET ME PLAY!!!

VanWinkle

To those of you that have played WipEout 2048, do these photos look better (clearer) than they do while actually playing the game? I'd be amazed if the image quality actually looks that good.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So I'm guess that pic is from photo mode ;)
Yup. And considering the fact that games usually don't pause and the buttons don't work for few seconds after taking an OS level screenshot, I think it's actually for the better in case of Wipeout.
To those of you that have played WipEout 2048, do these photos look better (clearer) than they do while actually playing the game? I'd be amazed if the image quality actually looks that good.
They look better because of the post-processing effects. The game still looks awesome though.

matmanx1

Watching all of these recent Wipeout videos on the Vita is just making the wait until the 15th of February that much harder. I need to go on at least a partial media blackout or I'm going to drive myself crazy. Wipeout 2048 is really, really beautiful.

Jonnyram

If you want to see how good the game looks, check out RedSunGamer's YouTube channel. They have a video of the attract mode, which is all in-engine.

Top Bottom