• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There are barrel rolls in this game after all. Totally forgot that you do it by pressing left/right/left or right/left/right while in the air.

Afrikan

Sony abandoned OLED production.

who is making the OLEDs for these?....Samsung?

sony_hmz-t1-2.jpg

Curufinwe

There are barrel rolls in this game after all. Totally forgot that you do it by pressing left/right/left or right/left/right while in the air.

I asked about the demo and got bad news, but are the buttons remappable in the full version of Wipeout 2048? I always play Wipeout games with this setup.

/\ - Absorb weapon
O - Thrust
X - Use weapon

i-Lo

I think sometimes we take things for granted. It is still astounding to me that we have come this far in rendering capability for handhelds. Perhaps in not too distant future, we may only have a console that is portable in nature that be either used on the go or can be paired with a HDTV (or holographic display) wirelessly capable of reproducing graphics that we can only imagine of today.

Moving on from the reminiscing and day dreaming, I wanted to know if the FFX HD would be simultaneously launched on Vita as well the home consoles? I also wonder how awesome it would be if buying either the PS3 or Vita version would allow me play on its portable or home console counterpart respectively.

Also, are we ever to see MGS collection HD on Vita?

I haven't seen many down here in Nagasaki, but it's also a much smaller population.

For those who have asked, the screenshots definitely look better (You can add motion blur in the editing mode and adjust depth), but the game itself looks amazing even despite that. I'd argue these are doing a much better job of representing the game in motion than the OS level screenshot app has for games like Uncharted etc.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I asked about the demo and got bad news, but are the buttons remappable in the full version of Wipeout 2048? I always play Wipeout games with this setup.

/\ - Absorb weapon
O - Thrust
X - Use weapon
Nope, full version has the same 3 selectable button mappings as the demo.
Yes, that's how you use them. The trick is figuring out where to use them. ;)
I meant I thought there was a dedicated button for "tricks" while in mid-air, so I'm relieved that I just forgot how to do them. And it's not THAT hard. :p

Bukana

I think sometimes we take things for granted. It is still astounding to me that we have come this far in rendering capability for handhelds. Perhaps in not too distant future, we may only have a console that is portable in nature that be either used on the go or can be paired with a HDTV (or holographic display) wirelessly capable of reproducing graphics that we can only imagine of today.

Moving on from the reminiscing and day dreaming, I wanted to know if the FFX HD would be simultaneously launched on Vita as well the home consoles? I also wonder how awesome it would be if buying either the PS3 or Vita version would allow me play on its portable or home console counterpart respectively.

Also, are we ever to see MGS collection HD on Vita?

-Yes.
-Maybe after MGS3D release.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Uh, first thing I did was turning off flight assist and I have huge problems with finishing the first big time trial with for the elite pass...

Guess it's time to start using Machinae Supremacy as a custom soundtrack like I always do in Wipeout games.

Edit:
It seems there are awards for StarStrike in Near now - just got a soundtrack song unlock from Kyle.

Uh, first thing I did was turning off flight assist and I have huge problems with finishing the first big time trial with for the elite pass...
Yeah, the time trial Elite Passes can be tough. Just try to hit every speed pad you can and pull off a barrel roll every time you hit even the slightest bit of air.

Flight Assist is unnecessary. It's better for people to learn how to play without it, IMO. It even lowers your maximum speed in WipEout HD. Not sure about 2048.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah, the time trial Elite Passes can be tough. Just try to hit every speed pad you can and pull off a barrel roll every time you hit even the slightest bit of air.

Flight Assist is unnecessary. It's better for people to learn how to play without it, IMO. It even lowers your maximum speed in WipEout HD. Not sure about 2048.
Well, it's not like theory's the problem - I just suck and keep hitting the walls all the time... :(

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
VanWinkle said:
I'd be amazed if the image quality actually looks that good.
Image Quality is pretty-representative of what you see in game (photo mode adds MotionBlur/Depth of Field, but not AA).

Jonnyram

Wait, is Flight Assist on by default? Hope I'm not playing with it on.
And yeah, that first time trial is hard, but mainly because I haven't got a fucking clue what is going on in that track once you hit the tunnel. I can't gauge the turns at all. Maybe I need to play it out of cockpit view a couple of times.

spats

sony_hmz-t1-2.jpg

Sony didn't abandon OLED production, they're still manufacturing them for the professional market and their alpha line of cameras. Some guy from the imaging team said that in a CES interview. I can try to dig it up later.

Don't know if Samsung or Sony makes the hmz-t1 screens though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
My must have at d1:
Vita wifi
4gb now, 32gb later
putty squad(system 3 + amiga = d1! )
mortal kombat
gravity rush
persona 4
ruin/warrior's something
dragon's crown

Yeah!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
My must have at d1:
Vita wifi
4gb now, 32gb later
putty squad(system 3 + amiga = d1! )
mortal kombat
gravity rush
persona 4
ruin/warrior's something
dragon's crown

Yeah!
Um, you mean the day you buy the Vita, right? Because Persona 4, Dragon's Crown and MK don't even have release dates set yet.

Shancake

Today was the first time I've taken my vita out with me to use the GPS for near. Something happened and I guessed the battery drained because it was dead when I returned home. Near didn't been get my location anywhere either.

So annoying. Why aren't any of these bugs getting fixed? That's a pretty huge bug. My vita battery drained without doing anything...

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Okay so I cracked. And so close to launch, too. Asked a friend who's currently in Japan to pick up a WiFi Vita, 32GB memory, Wipeout 2048, and Uncharted: GA. HYPE AT MAX LEVELS!

Kind of a dumb question but does the LiveArea of the PS Store promote this weeks new games?
I'm just wondering if Sony is using that functionality as they claimed they would?

DieH@rd

Banned

sony_hmz-t1-2.jpg

HMZ-T1 has two 0.7" 720p OLEDs [2098 PPI, take that retina display!] that are manufactured by Sony. They will still continue making smaller OLED screens for their cameras and other small devices [digital binoculars :D]

Mihos

Gold Member
Damnit... this thread is getting me too hyped up. I am close to pulling a Cartman and freezing myself until release. You think the Otters have Vitas?

btw, not that we have 2 Vita store region up (Asia and Japan) how's the step by step direction to switch account to play games from different region, or if there's any possibility for playing dlc from different region etc.

what about the 2 mem card for each region thing etc

vercity82

Some demos have been able to play on both jap and eu/us accounts don't know about full games maybe somebody could try with star strike as the demo works.

Top Bottom