• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

kuroshiki

You could play local multiplayer that way, but not online as you could only be online on one device at a time.

But you can share on up to two Vitas.

Thanks.
So local multiplayer (ad-hoc) is fine, like Hot shots golf? and by share means one account, two machines.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I caved and ordered Wipeout. P-A comes through with super-fast shipping...should be here tomorrow!

Jonnyram

WipEout 2048 has the best network integration I have ever seen.
Think Geometry Wars 2 taken to the next level.
Simply incredible.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Reminded me of Rollcage :)
DAT RIDING ON THE WALLS.
Is the full ver of wipeout import friendly?
Well, you might have some problems but it should be easy with a guide or something.

Impressions after playing much more Wipeout than I should today, as I have to get up early tomorrow:
:O

Seriously, this game is the best thing I've played on Vita until now. So much fun. But damn, those time trials are hard - hate them in racing games...

Gaspode_T

I've had my Vita for something like 3 weeks and it's a truly amazing handeld. Don't let it down GAF.

Yeah, I'm not surprised to see people who love games to the core latching onto Vita...it's really like the 'gamer's game system' ... I keep having to shake my head and realize I'm playing such an awesome looking game on a crystal clear screen. I really expected it to be selling better than it is. It feels almost like the last stand of traditional hardcore gaming. I can't imagine it transitioning to some sort of 3DS competitor, I guess it's more likely to follow in PSP footsteps and have a long term fight ahead of itself. I wonder how are kids being brought up these days and whether will this catch their eye or not. It really does matter whether a 13 year old asks for a Vita or a mobile phone for their next birthday.

I really would like to get this game.

I will wait until it comes to the US.

I appreciate the wipeout franchise, I just can't handle how unforgiving the game is when you do bad turns and hit the side of the roads.

theBishop

Banned
Jesus fucking christ. That looks incredible.

<3

Sony should make a cyberpunk adventure set in this world. Something like Mirror's Edge or Deus Ex.

Think of the class disparities that must exist in a world where huge race tracks are built through a major city.

On another note, I think i've got my pre-order sorted out:

Wifi-Only Vita ($250)
8GB card ($30)
Uncharted ($50)
Wipeout ($30)
Travel Pouch ($20)

Total: $380

I got my $350 in amazon credit from Chase rewards last night. My body is ready.

Jesus fucking christ. That looks incredible.

It is...the videos don't really do it justice the colors just pop right outta the screen and ZONE mode OMG, its a thing of beauty!

AjiSEWPCMAERwZr.jpg:large

AjiRujLCIAEESDX.jpg:large

AjiR2kzCEAA2hiE.jpg:large

iavi

Yep, but the Vita has all the necessary controls, so there's a good chance we'll see it enabled for all games this time. I expect we'll know more around the launch of Vita in the West, but the last news a while ago was that all games would support remote play at PSP resolution, and some games would support it at higher to native resolution, but these would have to have some kind of native support as it cost too much memory on the PS3 side or something.

I've seen a couple of youtube vids claiming a handful of games don't work on remote play already.

Sony letting the 3rd parties funk up all the fun, as usual. Can anybody confirm if at least UC3 works?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
<3

Sony should make a cyberpunk adventure set in this world. Something like Mirror's Edge or Deus Ex.

Think of the class disparities that must exist in a world where huge race tracks are built through a major city.

On another note, I think i've got my pre-order sorted out:

Wifi-Only Vita ($250)
8GB card ($30)
Uncharted ($50)
Wipeout ($30)
Travel Pouch ($20)

Total: $380

I got my $350 in amazon credit from Chase rewards last night. My body is ready.

You can't not get Hotshots Golf, surely?

I'm looking to double dip on a UK PSN copy of golf so that online works. Might donate my Japanese card version.

theBishop

Banned
You can't not get Hotshots Golf, surely?

I'm looking to double dip on a UK PSN copy of golf so that online works. Might donate my Japanese card version.

I've never been a fan of the series. And by the time I'm ready for it, hopefully I'll be immersed in Gravity and Unit 13.

Sony's certainly not kidding around with this software lineup. I'd like to see more western 3rd parties in the mix, but there's time.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Those wipeout shots need the official 'blonde curly hair+moustache whattafuck.gif'

I played the demo but tomorrow I got to go shopping. Damn you GAF!

Toki767

Wipeout definitely looks digital download worthy. It might be one of the games I download on PSN instead of buying in retail.

btkadams

i honestly liked the look of the future cars more than the wipeout ships...lol. they boned themselves now! they have to make a game with them.

Top Bottom