• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

I'm making the Gravity Daze OT right now and am thinking of using a French subtitle - "Cie la Vita" (This is Vita) for the title. It's a cute play on "Cie la vie" (This is life). In some languages Vita means life. I thought it was a swell title since Gravity Daze is inspired by French art, and the characters themselves speak in French.
Do it. I fully support this decision!

Corto

I'm making the Gravity Daze OT right now and am thinking of using a French subtitle - "Cie la Vita" (This is Vita) for the title. It's a cute play on "Cie la vie" (This is life). In some languages Vita means life. I thought it was a swell title since Gravity Daze is inspired by French art, and the characters themselves speak in French.

C'est la Vita. ;)

Kafel

Banned
I'd like another shape for the stand-by wallpaper. I still don't get why there are circles there.

It's something you slide from the right-hand corner so maybe a zip ? A page from the Uncharted book ?

Digishine

Banned
Just received this email from amazon.

Thank you for pre-ordering the PlayStation Vita console from Amazon.co.uk. Please find your promotional codes along with redemption instructions below. If you ordered more than one console, your codes will be separated by / .

Free memory card: H6DY-A2A72R-QDTROL
£15 game: J72W-39OLO-BCB8CT

1) Add the promotional item(s) of your choice to your basket (you can add the 8GB memory card for free, plus choose any one game from Asphalt Injection, Michael Jackson: The Experience HD, Rayman Origins, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Virtua Tennis 4 or Lumines Electronic Symphony for £15).
2) When you have added your item(s), click "Proceed to checkout"
3) Enter your e-mail address and password to sign in
4) Enter the free memory card code where you see "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" and click "Apply"
5) If you have also added a promotional game to your basket, enter your £15 game code into the same box, again click "Apply"
6) Click "Place your order"

Digishine

Banned
Free memory card: H6DY-A2A72R-QDTROL
£15 game: J72W-39OLO-BCB8CT

;)

jbsFpNmmj9TPDB.png

thx amazon !

Now I got a cheap ps vita and free memory card More money to spend on games :p

Raonak

Banned
Wait, 2048 for PS3?

Oh, being able to play Wipeout HD players? How does that work?

Basically, from what I gather 2048 has a "Crossplay" (can't remember the official name) multiplayer mode, where you can play against wipeoutHD players (and other 2048 players using crossplay).

theres 4 wipeoutHD tracks in the game that are used for crossplay.

Basically, from what I gather 2048 has a "Crossplay" (can't remember the official name) multiplayer mode, where you can play against wipeoutHD players (and other 2048 players using crossplay).

theres 4 wipeoutHD tracks in the game that are used for crossplay.

Oh that's cool. Since there wasn't a 2048 game for PS3, didn't think that there is cross platform play for 2048, much less cross-game play.

DBT85

Wait, 2048 for PS3?

Oh, being able to play Wipeout HD players? How does that work?

2048 is not coming to the PS3.

But you can indeed play 2048 on your Vita against others playing HD on the PS3. You play on HD/Fury tracks and you can have 7 Vita against 1 PS3 or any combination you can think of.

Trying to find one of the vids showing it happening :)

On another note, can anyone with the 3G version confirm for me that you can buy things on the store over 3G even if you can't download them? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but I can't be certain.

Updated the ARC images with better icon placement. Also, can I get some color requests? I plan on putting up the whole bunch in the official launch thread! And this is only a taste. I'd like some game theme requests as well. Wipeout anyone?

I plan on doing major variations for each screen, perhaps category based (games,social,apps, etc)

I quite like the idea of having specific backgrounds just for say PSP games and apps and stuff. So if you want to rock it old skool you can just swipe to the page(s) dedicated to PSP games.

Obviously there are going to be people that want sports team themes, game themes, hot women themes etc.

I'm not sure how well the white text for each bubble will show up on white/light backgrounds. Maybe someone who has one can check that out. Ideally I think I'd quite like to turn that text off but I don;t see that being an option.

Another thing might be sided backgrounds. So instead of there bubbles on each side of a central image maybe an image to the left or right with the bubbles on the opposite side.

On a completely unrelated note. I have ordered a giffgaff sim card and will test it out as and when I get my Vita on the 22nd for those of us in the UK who want the 3G option. For those that don't know. Giffgaff offer 500mb a month for £5, 1gb for £7.50 and 3gb for £12.50 on data only sims. ~if you go over the allowane they tell you and give you 50mb for free as a buffer.

Updated the ARC images with better icon placement. Also, can I get some color requests? I plan on putting up the whole bunch in the official launch thread! And this is only a taste. I'd like some game theme requests as well. Wipeout anyone?

I plan on doing major variations for each screen, perhaps category based (games,social,apps, etc)

well if your taking request how about a golden yellow?
3AQmK.gif

2048 is not coming to the PS3.

But you can indeed play 2048 on your Vita against others playing HD on the PS3. You play on HD/Fury tracks and you can have 7 Vita against 1 PS3 or any combination you can think of.

Trying to find one of the vids showing it happening :)

On another note, can anyone with the 3G version confirm for me that you can buy things on the store over 3G even if you can't download them? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but I can't be certain.

I found something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi8rwo-S3AQ

If you liked the Gravity Rush promotional video from a few days ago, you can download it (ZIP file) from the official website. Apparently it's been encoded to Vita's native resolution. Just look for the blue box in the bottom right and click on the picture within. You can't miss it if you've seen the PV once :)

Is it just me, or is there no PS3 ship present in the Vita version? Like, just past half the video the PS3 player overtakes the Vita player, but you don't see the PS3 player actually pass the Vita player if you are watching the Vita version. You see the Vita player ship in the PS3 version...

Hopefully that makes sense... maybe I am just going crazy or the PS3 player is just going far too fast to actually notice the ship.

Digishine

Banned
Is it just me, or is there no PS3 ship present in the Vita version? Like, just past half the video the PS3 player overtakes the Vita player, but you don't see the PS3 player actually pass the Vita player if you are watching the Vita version. You see the Vita player ship in the PS3 version...

Hopefully that makes sense... maybe I am just going crazy or the PS3 player is just going far too fast to actually notice the ship.

Probably because the game was still in Develop mode

DBT85

The PS3 player overtakes the Vita at about 14s and was visible on the Vita. The PS3 then rams the Vita at 47s and both are visible on the PS3. PS3 then overtakes Vita at 51s but I THINK terrible artifacting is not showing the PS3, since at about 58s the Vita lands a barel roll and zooms past and both are visible on both screens.

The PS3 is then visible on the Vita again at about 1:05.

EDIT: HD video is here and the ships are visible on both. Fear not.
EDIT: except for one instance at about 57 seconds where the PS3 seems to not be there. But the fact that it is visible the rest of the time suggests it's going to be fine.

http://youtu.be/12VTHV4e9QI?hd=1

The PS3 player overtakes the Vita at about 14s and was visible on the Vita. The PS3 then rams the Vita at 47s and both are visible on the PS3. PS3 then overtakes Vita at 51s but I THINK terrible artifacting is not showing the PS3, since at about 58s the Vita lands a barel roll and zooms past and both are visible on both screens.

The PS3 is then visible on the Vita again at about 1:05.

EDI: HD video is here and the ships are visible on both. Fear not.

http://youtu.be/12VTHV4e9QI?hd=1

If Sony pays Activision big monies to get this working on CoD, Vita will dominate.

jiggles

Banned
I walked into my local GAME tonight to pick up Soul Calibur V, and thought I'd test out the Vita while I was there. Couldn't see the demo unit anywhere, so I asked the girl at the checkout if they actually had a unit. She was walking off to get it from the back and casually asked if I was thinking of preordering one, but I said I already had.

She emerged a minute later saying the manager told her I wasn't allowed to try it because I already had it preordered.

What.

Kuran

Banned
I walked into my local GAME tonight to pick up Soul Calibur V, and thought I'd test out the Vita while I was there. Couldn't see the demo unit anywhere, so I asked the girl at the checkout if they actually had a unit. She was walking off to get it from the back and casually asked if I was thinking of preordering one, but I said I already had.

She emerged a minute later saying the manager told her I wasn't allowed to try it because I already had it preordered.

What.

lol, oh god. Why do you guys keep going to these stores? Stop pre-ordering and use Amazon or something.

Raine

What.

They can't afford (literally) you having any bad experiences that might affect your decision to cancel the pre-order.

What.

B&M? lol. Only peasants pay tax nowadays. All about Dat Amazon.

jiggles

Banned
I'm actually getting a 3G model from Tesco for the RRP of the WiFi model. My preorder isn't with that shitpile. They wouldn't even sell me Soul Calibur either.

DBT85

If Sony pays Activision big monies to get this working on CoD, Vita will dominate.

I think it could be less about Vita dominating, and more about Sony getting more multiplat sales. If enough games have the option of either cross platform multi, or cross platform saves (like Motorstorm RC, Warriors Lair, MLB12 etc) then buying a game on a Sony format is going to be a more enticing option for more people. There are plenty of folks out there with both HD consoles at this point and I imagine a fair chunk will get a Vita at some point.

For those people surely Fifa or GTA or Skyrim or something would be a more enticing package on a Sony format if they use either or both of the above cross platform options?

On the assumption that GTA5 will be another single player game your options would be (and I have no idea if GTA5 is on the Vita BTW) to buy the game on the 360 and only be able to play at home, or buy it on the PS3/Vita and be able to play anywhere you want.

For multiplayer games where you are never going to see 360vPS3 multiplayer, the option to play against your friends that don't have the same platform as you, but one which is still made by Sony is again excellent.

EA have also said that they are going to try and get the Vita/PS3 integration into the next version and in Europe at least that could be immense.

On the subject of Tesco. Had I been able to use my vouchers I would have gone with them, as I can't the Amazon deal was better for me.

twdnewh_k

I am still undecided on whether I should go completely DD with the vita.

It will be great to have all my games with me all the time. but with the card prices, and current 32gb limit, I am really confused.

What will you guys be doing ?

imjust1n

Banned
Im new to neoGAF hello everyone
I pre ordered the psvita first edition and very pumped 12 more days. One game I see being made on the psvita is lots of HD collections. One other thing is check gamestops online for the memory cards they're priced 5$ more.

Top Bottom