• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

Parch

I've never had a handheld but this really looks like a great piece of tech. That really is an impressive lineup of games. Not just high quality but nice genre diversity too. Top notch games to go along with a kick-ass piece of hardware. Vita is going to be great.

Xena

Pretty awesome games; I'm just going to wait a bit to see what they have for the NA launch... then I'll decide whether to import or not, especially now that it's been confirmed it will be region free. Really hope they allow us to keep different stores on the same device at the same time, just like the PS3.

Really looking forward to Tales R...

This will be my first handheld and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Regarding the Japanese release, will we see a new firmware around December or is Sony only going to update the Japanese PSN store to work with Vita?

Rad-

Pretty boring list of games. All the interesting ones are remakes/ports of games that I have recently played anyways. Shame because hardware wise Vita seems really good but that software just isn't for me.

GeoramA

So much awesome, the lack of ports is the nicest thing. The only ones I be getting for Vita are Rayman, FFX, and MGS Collection.

yencid

Castor Krieg said:
aalZQ.png
PR6sl.gif

daffy

Banned
I want so many of these games..
even the ports like Virtua Tennis. I've never heard of Malicious either, looks good. And at least this time if GAF shares IDs we can actually play together, lol.

yencid said:
WAIT A SECOND THEY ANNOUNCED A DJ MAX!? do you know how many times i posted for DJ max and lumines!? KHJASDGADSHKGASDGHASD

LDAGHSAHSJLG
Your avatar is Mickey Mouse. Maybe you will be happy if you got a Micky Mouse on the Vita.

kadotsu

Banned
My biggest disappointment for announced game so far is that Killzone Vita isn't a spiritual successor to Liberation.

upJTboogie said:
Not much in it's launch year but 2012 looks fantastic.
lol, well its "launch year" consists of 2 weeks, so i'd say that's actually quite a bit especially if some of those 2012 games starts coming from january.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
kadotsu said:
My biggest disappointment for announced game so far is that Killzone Vita isn't a spiritual successor to Liberation.
Liberation was better, and still is better, than any Killzone game to date. Right with ya man.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
You could also include Cave's social game (Shirotsuku) for Vita. :p

Famassu

So... I want about 30 games from that list...

I'm still surprised that Rayman Origins is full retail on PS360, expect $39.99 easily for Vita version, hopefully it means it's longer than Outland which was just 15 bucks.
It was originally supposed to be an episodic DL-release, but they decided to beef it up, abandon the episodic plans and make it a full retail game. It should be well worth the retail price.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ULTROS! said:
You could also include Cave's social game (Shirotsuku) for Vita. :p
I haven't quite decided where to put stuff like f2p games and minis yet, but when I do, I'll add that in.

1-D_FTW

Nice OP.

Hot Shots Golf is the only Japanese launch title that I'd be interested in, but thankfully my interest picks up significantly later down the list.

SykoTech

flawfuls said:
I don't think anything has been announced.

Oh, that sucks. Thanks though.

madmaxx350 said:
I'm still surprised that Rayman Origins is full retail on PS360, expect $39.99 easily for Vita version, hopefully it means it's longer than Outland which was just 15 bucks.

It was originally going to be broken up into downloadable episodes (like Sonic 4), but they decided to combine them and release it as a retail title. Should be long enough.

EDIT: Lol, beaten.

Great OP!

Two things:
1- Is little king's story going to be a sequel or a port of the first one? I originally thought it was the sequel but you don't have 2 in the title so i was curious.

2 - Also does launch mean day one when the system comes out in Japan or launch window like sometime within the first month or two? Because if that's for day one.. Damn

Meisadragon said:

Got it, thanks. Its the same trailer Beam posted, I was hoping for an offscreen cam but anyway Thanks Guys(Beam and Meisa)!!

Lando Jones said:
Great OP!

Two things:
1- Is little king's story going to be a sequel or a port of the first one? I originally thought it was the sequel but you don't have 2 in the title so i was curious.

2 - Also does launch mean day one when the system comes out in Japan or launch window like sometime within the first month or two? Because if that'd for day one.. Damn

Pretty sure it's a remake with a different art style.

jackdoe

Funnily enough, I'll probably get FFX HD on the Vita over the PS3. I found that even when I had a BC PS3, I just couldn't find the time to go back to any old PS2 games as I was being distracted by the flashier looking PS3 games. I get the feeling that on the Vita, I could play a couple of hours of FFX before I go to sleep and probably finish the game, something I just don't think is possible on the PS3 for me.

kadotsu

Banned
jackdoe said:
Funnily enough, I'll probably get FFX HD on the Vita over the PS3. I found that even when I had a BC PS3, I just couldn't find the time to go back to any old PS2 games as I was being distracted by the flashier looking PS3 games. I get the feeling that on the Vita, I could play a couple of hours of FFX before I go to sleep and probably finish the game, something I just don't think is possible on the PS3 for me.
Also don't forget that the CG will look like ass on a HD TV if SquareEnix decides that they don't need to rerender the FMV.

yurinka

It would be interesting to include a "type" field for each game in the list, adding this value for each game :

-Original (Debuts first in PS Vita)
-Multiplatform (game released at the same time in several platforms)
-Enhaced port (adds trophies, on-line, higher resolution, transfarring or other new stuff to an old game)
-Remake (old game released some time ago in other platform almost totally remade)
-Port (same game already released some before in other platform with the same features, PS Vita version just adds touch controls)

It would be easy to count how many of them are, and to compare it to other platforms like 3DS.

jackdoe

yurinka said:
It would be interesting to include this in the list :

-Original (Debuts first in PS Vita)
-Multiplatform (game released at the same time in several platforms)
-Enhaced port (adds trophies, on-line, touch controls, higher resolution, transfarring or other new stuff to an old game)
-Remake (old game released some time ago in other platform almost totally remade)
-Port (same game already released some before in other platform with the same features)

It would be easy to count how many of them are, and to compare it to other platforms like 3DS.
None of the games would fall under the "Port" category though since even games like UMVC3 adds touch support.

Top Bottom