• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Poker Thread - Let's Get Ready to Gamboooool: Beginners welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
We had an online poker club back in the day. We should set up a play money club on PokerStars just for bragging rights and GAF supremacy. Anyone down?

I wouldn't know cuz I live in the US and respect our federal laws.

Serious answer though, I quit after the law was passed years ago, but know lots of people kept playing. From what I gather it's much harder after last year. I'm sure there are ways but I don't know.

Bumping this.

So where does everyone play in terms of free-money games?

Anywhere that isn't full of maniac idiots, or is that pretty much the standard for free-money games?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Free money games will always have maniacs, until you get up to the 50k SnGs. Play at Pokerstars, because their software is still the best in the business.

oh Pokerstars, how I miss you.

I'm turning a small profit on Bovada, but good God does the software suck hard.

I miss Poker on big sites.

You can still play in the US in smaller sites like Cake/Carbon/Bodog, but the player base is really, really small and games are really nitty. The software is a lot worse too.

And I really miss my ADD-addled Rush Poker.

Also, I want my money already Full Tilt :X

Have started back up playing. A few pubs near me have weekly tournaments, and went the last few nights to get back in the swing of it.

The first one was tiny and not much prize money, about 30 people. Tonight's was about 100 people and had a decent amount of prize money. Played alright, but didn't win.

Though the one consistent thing over the two nights, drunk aggressive islanders. It was interesting to say the least.

This again:

Dear member of the Two Plus Two Forums:

On January 8 we learned that the user database at http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com had been compromised. We cannot find any evidence that accounts created after approximately November 20 have been compromised (we fixed a problem that day) but as a registered users you should assume that if you've been a member of the forums since before that date that the information necessary to determine your (unchanged) password is out there. Information obtained includes username, email, encrypted password, birthdate, and IP address.

The people "selling" the database claim a December 7 date, but we believe this to be wrong.

We are asking all users to reset their password if it hasn't changed in the last 45 days. You will be prompted to do so the next time you login to the forums. In addition we will shortly be invalidating the passwords of accounts that have not been active for some time. The users of those accounts will need to follow the forgotten password link to reset their password.

A user suggested that the following actions are incredibly important, and we agree:

1) Change your Password on 2+2
2) Change ALL other passwords that are the same or similair
3) Start using unique passwords for every site, these breaches are so common. I'd recommend a password manager like lastpass
4) enable 2 factor authentication on any vital accounts/emails
5) Take extra precautions to verify identity when trading via 2+2 (or any other site) via separate means

Regards,

The Two Plus Two Management

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I wouldn't mind if we try to revive the old Poker-GAF league, even if it's for play money.

I needs my fix. :(

Mimosa97

This again:

Oh shit. Just changed my password. Thank you for posting this.

Also why is this thread deader than dead ? I know americans can't play online (except for some shitty borderline illegal sites like ACR and bovada ?) but what about canadians and europeans on GAF ? Surely there are some gaffers who still play :)

I'm guessing cuz people who play seriously post on p2p instead and it's hard to get people interested in play games.

I'd be down if someone else organizes. :)

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Wow, blast from the past.

I'm currently playing on America's Card Room. The SnGs are extremely soft, so I make a decent amount.

I miss Pokerstars :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom