• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The -real- MEGATON of the Nintendo Direct

Neiteio

Dat clay-animated MODEL VIEWER in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse:

kirbymodels019xkcw.png

kirbymodels02makzm.png

kirbymodels03gxktv.png

kirbymodels04y5j0u.png

I still have reservations about needing to look at the shitty GamePad screen, but who am I kidding -- I can't resist model viewers, let alone one with models that look so handsomely handcrafted. :-D

You can see the thumb prints on the clay. This game's art direction is INSANE.

So again, let me look at the TV. Fucking GamePad.

Neiteio

The models are still viewable on the tv, right? RIGHT?
Yes. I'm not worried about the model viewer. Just the actual gameplay. The gameplay is shown on the TV, but most people will need to look at the GamePad since you draw lines there. I'm hopeful one can play the game purely on the TV screen via muscle memory, but I'm not sure...

Are those graphics real time? It looks like real clay.
Yes, you can rotate around them in real-time

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This isn't exactly on topic, but... The playable, in-game Dedede and Meta Knight versions of Kirby are unlocked via their respective amiibo, but is there any other way to unlock them? I'd be so pissed if they were amiibo only. I mained the Meta Knight costume back in Kirby Canvas Curse. :-(

NateDrake

Yes. I'm not worried about the model viewer. Just the actual gameplay. The gameplay is shown on the TV, but most people will need to look at the GamePad since you draw lines there. I'm hopeful one can play the game purely on the TV screen via muscle memory, but I'm not sure...

As long as the TV screen has an indicator of sorts I think it would be fine.

That looks so real it's UNREAL!!!

Seriously, how gorgeous can you get?!

Also I would think this is viewable on the TV, I mean the game itself is (see the off-camera vids from E3).

SerTapTap

Thought this was pretty awesome, can't wait for this game

This isn't exactly on topic, but... The playable, in-game Dedede and Meta Knight versions of Kirby are unlocked via their respective amiibo, but is there any other way to unlock them? I'd be so pissed if they were amiibo only. I mained the Meta Knight costume back in Kirby Canvas Curse. :-(

This, and the weird gross lame stupid "once per day" thing for Amiibo are my only concerns about this game, Nintendo seems to be wading into gross F2P/monetization style stuff more and more lately. But the game seems to function normally without it.

jholmes

They aren't different abilities, just special bulked up versions of regular abilities plus the hats.

random25

I'm pretty sure it can be managed.

GWX

Beautiful. Nintendo should release Rainbow Curse's model viewer for the 3DS, I would buy it at a high price.

Neiteio

My megaton was the Splatoon customization but fuck yes this game is GORGEOUS.
Yeah, my megatons go something like this:

Model viewer in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse >>> Custom gear and hub world in Splatoon >> New Fire Emblem with new waifu (
people who hate that term, relax, pls
) >> everything else

I should say, though, that in terms of what is most EXCITE, the fact MM3D is freaking next month is all kinds of amazing.

Gonna fish the fuck out of the new fishing ponds, and gonna look at errythang with dat c-stick

Neiteio

That's pretty cool.

But the real megaton is either $10 Metroid Prime Trilogy or Rhythm Heaven lives.
The Metroid Prime games had model viewers, right? And the Trilogy is three games in one.

According to my calculations, this would mean the Metroid Prime Trilogy might have three model viewers, which is more than one.

So you might be right.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
They aren't different abilities, just special bulked up versions of regular abilities plus the hats.
Are you sure? They made it sound like a pretty direct effect. Dedede gives you six health bars and Meta Knight gives you faster dashes. Are those abilities that are accessible in other ways? In Kirby Canvas Curse they were unlockable bonuses.

Neiteio

It's kind of stressful, really.

Having a model viewer this good means I'll be compelled to take countless 720p shots using the Internet Browser --> abload.de trick.

Then I will have a whole gallery of images of each clay model to share on GAF.

But at the same time, I only have two eyeballs. It is impossible to look at them all at once.

Thus, I will feel forever irritable.

Why, Nintendo.

bomblord1

Banned
It's kind of stressful, really.

Having a model viewer this good means I'll be compelled to take countless 720p shots using the Internet Browser --> abload.de trick.

Then I will have a whole gallery of images of each clay model to share on GAF.

But at the same time, I only have two eyeballs. It is impossible to look at them all at once.

Thus, I will feel forever irritable.

Why, Nintendo.

Such an oversight on Nintendo's part.

Yeah, my megatons go something like this:

Model viewer in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse >>> Custom gear and hub world in Splatoon >> New Fire Emblem with new waifu (
people who hate that term, relax, pls
) >> everything else

I should say, though, that in terms of what is most EXCITE, the fact MM3D is freaking next month is all kinds of amazing.

Gonna fish the fuck out of the new fishing ponds, and gonna look at errythang with dat c-stick

Everything you listed as me hype as fuck, but Majora's + MH4U + N3DSXL the SAME FUCKING day is just insane and I'm still processing it.

Also Waifus ftw, I'll admit that part of why I started to use the term a lot is because people hate it haha.

Top Bottom