• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scribblenauts Official Thread of imagination revelations

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Jackson said:
I think there'll be rooster helmets there given away...

:O

See you there, even if I have to stay up all night.

Working nights/being nocturnal has it's drawbacks, few as though they may be.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jackson said:
Ya we can drop this kind of talk in the official thread now.

The Boss speaks we obey :D

I'm hoping my copy is here next week, we're gonna have three copies in our house madness. Haven't done that since Brawl (got the Japanese, American and Aussie one :lol)

n3ss

aka acr0nym
HUELEN10 said:
Yeah, the game's been "out" and my pirating friend is bragging about it, god it better not hurt sales. As for me and my other friends, we are paid in full and ready to pick up. Screw the pirates!

Game also paid for in full, but reserved before the rooster hat offer. i still better get it, i was the first reserve at my store....

I'm telling everyone about this game. :lol :lol
Cannot wait to get it next week....will definitely be playing this at work. :lol :lol

VOOK

Because we're doing a competition for the game on my site, it is possible that I will have 8 Rooster Hats in my house at once... that is too much awesome to contain.

HUELEN10

VOOK said:
Because we're doing a competition for the game on my site, it is possible that I will have 8 Rooster Hats in my house at once... that is too much awesome to contain.
Wear them all on top of each other! Heh Heh. :D

Blizzard

Banned
Oh, I have one final bitching comment to make:

The other reason it really makes me sad when this sort of thing happens what it means about people. It means that either A) a 5th cell employee is untrustworthy, B) a reviewer is untrustworthy (I suspect this is the case), C) the manufacturer is untrustworthy, D) a game store person is untrustworthy (this might also be the case), or E) a 5th cell employee etc. gave an early copy to someone as a gift, and as thanks for the gift, the person gave it to the world for free.

It sucks that there isn't a way to produce stuff for reviews without people leaking it early and then potentially spoiling it for everyone. I was going to have to start ignoring this thread as of Sunday, but it looks like I may have to go on blackout even earlier. :(

Jackson

Blizzard said:
D) a game store person is untrustworthy

This is always the case, it's always the lowest person on the chain that has no vested interest in the product. This is especially obvious since the game shipped to some stores today.

Now seriously, please stop.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the input, Jackson. As I said, it makes me really sad and I've done my part to try to support the game and get other people interested. :) Unfortunately we're a very small part of the internet, and the rest won't be so willing to listen.

I'm looking forward to next week, but release is in the middle of a nasty work week. I've got to figure out some way to get off early that day and still make up my work on other days without playing all night. :lol

VOOK

Blizzard said:
I'm looking forward to next week, but release is in the middle of a nasty work week. I've got to figure out some way to get off early that day and still make up my work on other days without playing all night. :lol

Scribblenauts now comes out on the week I get a couple of days off, so the delay isn't all bad

Feep

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
So, is "Post 217" in the game? Can you even use numbers? Can't wait to get it, I'm going to pick it with Mario & Luigi. :) Hope Mario & Luigi won't hurt sales!
Yup. "Post Two One Seven" is confirmed to work, though I didn't try "Post Two Seventeen".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Jackson said:
Now seriously, please stop.

I shall obey, except to say this: If the game meets or exceeds my expectations, I pledge to buy another copy to give as a present and attempt to cancel out some of the bullshit.

EDIT: GAAAH double post, why can't you delete??? v_v

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well then, I shall write my own
based only on gameplay vids :p

In Scribblenauts, if you need to knock over some bottles, you can attach a piece of lettuce to a fishing rod and attach the fishing rod to a kangaroo's neck thus sending him ever-chasing the lettuce and crashing into the bottles.

If you need to get a star out of a tree, you can have a panda ride a unicycle, then have another panda ride that panda, then ride the topmost panda yourself and casually grab the star.

If you are hanging suspended over lava and need to reach a nearby hanging crate, you can just screw the entire situation, create a black hole, and implode the universe.

95/10.

I have defied the embargo muahahaha

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Alright, I've basically confirmed that I'll be in New York for the Nintendo World launch of Scribblenauts. Can we get a hand count of everyone on GAF that's attending?

razdor2k

Banned
I just got my hands on review build, im coming back in like 1 hour, untill then, WRITE UP A LIST OF STUFF YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE, and i will upload pictures of them.

NOTE: You can tell me to try interactions with 3 objects at once / 5 different objects

the first 10 that will ask me for words will get their pictures up first.

Blizzard

Banned
razdor2k said:
I just got my hands on review build, im coming back in like 1 hour, untill then, WRITE UP A LIST OF STUFF YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE, and i will upload pictures of them.

NOTE: You can tell me to try interactions with 3 objects at once / 5 different objects

How did you manage to get your hands on it? o_O And how are you going to take pictures?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think razor is actually legitimately in the gaming journalism field, if memory serves.

But yes, how pictures++?

Also uh. Jockey... phalanx.. salamander.

razdor2k said:

Give us a picture of the box and game cartridge or get lost. I'm 99.9% sure you're playing it on an emulator.

EDIT: Every single post you have on this forum is in Scribblenauts threads.

razdor2k said:
Wow Jackson your hawt :lol

Feeling the creativity Hormones starting to gather up while you wear that hat huhhh?????

Zomg, I gotta get one of those hattics!

razdor2k said:
Jackson I believe your still alive? ( portal song )

So how was the cake ( portal joke )

Yeah no, you don't have a review copy.

esbern

friend of mine works for a local trade publication....i got to play the game a bit last night. absolutely incredible incredible game, and i can't way for my game to ship ASAP.

razdor2k said:
E3 was in NA right?

So Europe get fucked up from all sides, cus if yes, even we couldn't play it on E3 Demo!

So you're a member of the press, but don't even know where E3 is? Do you live in Europe, because then I can pretty much say you don't have a legitimate review copy (I'm still waiting for mine).

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
razdor2k said:

What's that smell?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
From my understanding this game should have already shipped and arrived at the store I work at seeing as how it's street dated. Which means when I'm working tonight, it's going to be sitting there. Taunting me. Inches from my grasp, but I won't be able play it D:

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
LocoMrPollock said:
Wow, the sudden influx of reviewers in this thread is mind-blowing.

reviewers who would rather post impressions on gaf than actually write the reviews they're being paid to write, no less.

Blizzard

Banned
Dacvak said:
What's that smell?
2hmzwar.jpg

zigg

Stumpokapow said:
reviewers who would rather post impressions on gaf than actually write the reviews they're being paid to write, no less.

Well, GAF is a rather convenient route to getting yourself linked all over the blogs. Great for exposure.

(I support "pics or ban" here though)

I have a two pronged plan for when I get Scribblenauts:

1. First, think of the most obscure words to confuse the game with. If that doesnt work, then I am going to sit down with a dictionary and test it.

2. I'm going to solve the puzzles with the most convoluted, extraordinarily ridiculous way possible. Then come here and share. :lol

Anyone else feel the urge to do these things?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Hmm... can you combine pirate, emulator and ban, and tell me what happens?

Not an accusation, just a joke :p

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It would be nice if we followed Jackson's wishes and didn't talk about this subject so extensively in this thread. If there are issues about the credibility of a member we could inform a mod about it by PM.

iamcool388 said:
I have a two pronged plan for when I get Scribblenauts:

1. First, think of the most obscure words to confuse the game with. If that doesnt work, then I am going to sit down with a dictionary and test it.

2. I'm going to solve the puzzles with the most convoluted, extraordinarily ridiculous way possible. Then come here and share. :lol

Anyone else feel the urge to do these things?
Convoluted will be the way to go to me too. :lol I'm also thinking of trying the MacGyver challenge some suggested.

razdor2k

Banned
I guess you guys don't want pictures theN?

I know you guys want them...

abstract alien said:
Foil...microwave...wrestler

Hawkian said:
Also uh. Jockey... phalanx.. salamander.

Hmmm... they don't have phalanx, but you can clearly see the Jockey and the Salamander

syllogism said:
eyepatch, pegleg, rum

You can clearly see the Eyepatch on Maxwell's eye, his holding a pegleg, but sorry, no Rum..

Any more inputs?

madmook

For people that have used it: does Amazon's release-date delivery really work? That shit better fuckin' work. Friggin' costs $6.

razdor2k said:
I guess you guys don't want pictures then?

Of course we do! This one is for TWO starites, because you have to take a photo of this threesome in real life!!!

Game box + Manual + Cartridge.

Until then, dont bother showing up here.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I dont know if it's been mentioned, but NeoGAF gives you
the NeoGAF logo that you can ride on

Top Bottom