• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Secret World - Information And Update Thread [New dev diary]

Truant

This game is impossible to play after playing as an archer in Tera.

Tera has free look, and controls basically like any third person shooter. This needs to be a standard for MMOs now.

Moobabe

This game is impossible to play after playing as an archer in Tera.

Tera has free look, and controls basically like any third person shooter. This needs to be a standard for MMOs now.

What do you mean by free look? (I know that sounds a bit thick)

Moobabe

Mouselook. The mouse controls the camera instead of the cursor. You basically aim your shots with the crosshair like any shooter. It feels great.

I getcha - I've not played TERA (which is probably a good thing if it makes 'traditional' controls feel old) - how are you finding the rest of the game though?

Truant

I getcha - I've not played TERA (which is probably a good thing if it makes 'traditional' controls feel old) - how are you finding the rest of the game though?

I'm a WoD fan, so I dig the setting and the atmosphere. I had some technical issues, the game kept crashing on me a ways bit into the subway dungeon. The combat just felt so dated coming right out of the super responsive and "meaty" Tera combat. Granted, the rest of Tera absolutely sucks, but the combat is actually fun, as opposed to any MMO I've ever played.

Tess3ract

Banned
If you have keyboard shortcuts, you don't need to interact with them, that being said they have it so when you press alt, the mouse comes up.

when selecting stuff like quests, you just press f a bunch of times to accept the quest. It does make the mouse come up, but you can move afterwards and it goes back to mouselook.

Moobabe

If you have keyboard shortcuts, you don't need to interact with them, that being said they have it so when you press alt, the mouse comes up.

when selecting stuff like quests, you just press f a bunch of times to accept the quest. It does make the mouse come up, but you can move afterwards and it goes back to mouselook.

That's pretty cool - it'd be nice if some MMOs included that as an option.

Truant

Yeah, almost everything is done via the keyboard. It feels super fresh, and the game is obviously designed around it. You basically have a context sensitive "action" button that does most of the interaction with the world and NPCs.

Man

Anyone know the name of the song being played in church? Is it I'll C U When U Get There?
edit: yes it is.

Man

Was at Overlook Motel sniffing around the Raising Hell instance entrance. Love the Silent Hill feel and music there.

I guess this final Beta weekend is coming to an end then in 90minutes.

Madouu

Game's performance has increased drastically for me this last patch, that was my main worry about the game, I think I'm buying this now.

Ricker

Couldn't play this weekend and I have too much on my plate for now(2 MMO's going)but the weekend before they finally fixed chat or something,anyway I finally got to play for like 2 hours with the same 2 other players and we did a bunch of quests in Kingsmouth and it was very fun...come September,I will probably get this.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I really like what Funcom is doing here, and hell - I even liked AoC. But I can't justify spending $50 on a box and then $15 a month at the moment. I'm keeping an eye out though.

derFeef

OT will be up in a few hours, hope I have not forgot anything crucial.
Closed Beta has now moved onto testlive, the game feels really ploshed now and you might not want to skip a few cutscenes when the game goes live - some new stuff :)

Man

I don't really have time for a mmo longterm but I'm tempted to get it for the initial month and then dip in occasionally over the years.

Man

The uninstaller doesn't work anyhow it seems. I 'deleted' it yesterday but only thing it did was to remove it from the application list.

oktarb

Just pre-ordered just because I want to like this game. The beta didn't impress me too much but hell at least they're trying something different. I'll give it a go.

Must start an Illuminati 'guild' that plots the demise of all. Bring in some EVE tactics.

bksama

Neo Member
does anyone have a spare key i could use, played tera got bored becasue everything else was boring besdies combat thtnaks in advance

Top Bottom