• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The servers for Call of Duty games on the Wii and Nintendo DS are now offline.

Bernoulli

M2 slut

For Wii and DS players
dl998zw.jpg

Spyxos

Gold Member
Interesting that they were still online at all. Ea shut down the Battlefield games much earlier.

The timing together with revived servers on Xbox is kinda funny, with all the MS talking of bringing games to more players and totally not using CoD to hurt Sony or anyone. 10 year deal already expired. /jk

On one hand this is an old ass game, so who cares, but on the other hand those were probably the only waggle mp shooters still going on, outside of VR.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I don't think they were ever offline
I have been playing on ps3 on older cods for a few years now without issues
It was more like they reset the servers and removed most of the mods and hacks since the older cod’s have been riddled with those problems for years.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The timing together with revived servers on Xbox is kinda funny, with all the MS talking of bringing games to more players and totally not using CoD to hurt Sony or anyone. 10 year deal already expired. /jk

On one hand this is an old ass game, so who cares, but on the other hand those were probably the only waggle mp shooters still going on, outside of VR.
You know MS don't own Activision right?

CamHostage

The DS games were pretty interesting components of the franchise. Not sure who would still be playing them online today but it's worth recognizing the work to make online FPS titles on the DS with voice chat and coop.

Kerotan

Some of the worst cods ever made but it's a warning sign. I recently went and did the online trophies for WAW just Incase they shut the servers on ps3.

Years ago I got the online trophies for killzone 2 and luckily I did because only now am I platinuming it long after the server's shut down.

Currently working on GTA 4 online trophies for the same reason. Better be safe then sorry.

Top Bottom