• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Silver Case PS4 |OT| In The Name of Suda

SephLuis

I am still playing and just finished chapter #5

As expected, I think I understand some things and I am still very, very confused about a lot of things.

I will finish this week but is there anything that will help me understand better the story after finishing it ?

cj_iwakura

I am still playing and just finished chapter #5

As expected, I think I understand some things and I am still very, very confused about a lot of things.

I will finish this week but is there anything that will help me understand better the story after finishing it ?

Please tell me you did Placebo after each chapter.

And yeah, read this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1309167

Paradise Hotel 51 also has some fascinating topics I can share.

Yes, I did the Placebo chapters.
I still haven't done #5 because I just finished chapter 5 yesterday.
I am taking it slow with this game since it's very information heavy

Did you get the two additional chapters? Did they actually fix that, I wonder or if it's still not working for everybody? Still not got my copy yet, so I don't know.

saturnine

Finished the game over the weekend. Some rambling thoughts :

Really appreciated the way characters developed. The plot was fairly straight forward thanks to the Placebo chapters, though they were also the weakest part of the game. Not pointless mind, their cast was great and much more human than the hardboiled main story cast. The plot probably wasn't the point of the game anyway, simply a mean to and end.

I didn't expect the game to be so downright terrifying at times. I don't think I'm particularly wussy, but
the not-ghosts were some truly scary shouldn't-have-played-that-before-bed shit.
The absolutely beautiful-if-slightly-otherworldly artstyle probably helped.
I don't know if I was disappointed or relieved that they basically disappeared from the story halfway through.

All in all, a very peculiar trip. Guess I should check out Flower Sun & Rain now?

Guess I should check out Flower Sun & Rain now?

If you have a DS/3DS, absolutely if you enjoyed Silver Case. It's more of a third person adventure game as opposed to being a visual novel w/ adventure game elements. It also features really tedious gameplay that questions both your and the main character's sanity for going along with it all. Definitely one for an acquired taste. The music is fantastic though, as is the storyline & characters.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I got the platinum of the game.

Story is confusing... Is there a summary of it?

All I get is (major spoilers)
A lot of the people you encounter (including yourself) is Kamui/Ayame. This is some Xenogears level of rebirth or something.

cj_iwakura

I got the platinum of the game.

Story is confusing... Is there a summary of it?

All I get is (major spoilers)
A lot of the people you encounter (including yourself) is Kamui/Ayame. This is some Xenogears level of rebirth or something.
Go see the spoiler thread. It helps. A little.

You're on the right track though.

ShyMel

I finally started playing the game this week. The controls did take a little getting used to, but I am really enjoying the game. I have done 0,1, and 2 of the main story and 1 and 2 of Placebo. The game is really friendly to people who don't want to solve puzzles with that auto-solve button.

Joqu

Has there been any word on a PC patch plus DLC outside of the game informer article? I find it curious it hasn't been acknowledged anywhere else. Some of the tweaks sound quite nice.

cj_iwakura

Has there been any word on a PC patch plus DLC outside of the game informer article? I find it curious it hasn't been acknowledged anywhere else. Some of the tweaks sound quite nice.
Yes, I saw it confirmed on twitter a couple days ago. Someone from Playism posts here too, maybe they can confirm.

Joqu

Yes, I saw it confirmed on twitter a couple days ago. Someone from Playism posts here too, maybe they can confirm.

Ah, if you've seen confirmation on twitter that sounds good to me. Phew.

I was reading through the steam forums, people have been asking about it there with no one official chiming in and it got me a little worried. I guess they're still focusing on the PS4 release.

I can't seem to unlock the new chapters, even though I finished everything else. I have the most recent patch (1.03), and tried deleting the game data and reinstalling and the extra chapters don't show up. Is there anything else I have to do that I'm missing?

Can somebody help me:
Almost every time I play this on Vita Remote Play, I somehow get the text locked on "fast forward" and I can't figure out how to undo it. I think I must be pressing something on the back panel. I can't figure out what to press to return the text to normal speed/stop.

EDIT: I solved my problem. I had to double-tap the center of the Vita screen. This is lock/unlock text in FF speed.

Top Bottom