• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The speech that sparked a revolution.

There have been many momentous speeches in US history, and I am increasingly starting to believe that this will go down as one of them.

Just seeing all that this movement, started by high school students that put my generation to shame, has sparked already, along with the nature of how it is being spread and how it is expanding, to now encompass a mass boycott of any corporations that have any ties with the NRA.

I first saw this speech as a result of a Facebook post shared by my grandparents of all things! These are not the types of people that post or watch viral videos. It’s insane how widely it is being shared on Facebook by people from older generations. But it’s not surprising given how damn compelling that speech is. It literally sends shivers every time I hear it. The last speech that did that was Obama’s Inaugural Speech and that was aided by the emotions of having just achieved a historic first.

What laws could even be passed?

As for proactive effective solutions that would prevent future shootings, Brian Mast is a GOP Congressman, NRA member and Afghanistan war veteran that lost both his legs to an IED. He wrote an excellent op ed full of suggestions to reduce mass shootings.
His op ed is all over the internet and I encourage you to read it below:
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/...pons-ban.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

The Second Amendment is unimpeachable. It guarantees the right of citizens to defend themselves. I accept, however, that it does not guarantee that every civilian can bear any and all arms.

For example, the purchase of fully automatic firearms is largely banned already, and I cannot purchase an AT-4 rocket, grenades, a Bradley fighting vehicle or an Abrams tank. I know that no single action can prevent a truly determined person from committing mass murder, and I am aware of other ways to commit mass murder, such as bombings and mass vehicular slaughter. Not being able to control everything, however, should not prevent us from doing something.

Therefore, I support the following:

Defining what constitutes an assault or tactical firearm and not allowing them for future purchase — just as we already prohibit the purchase of fully automatic firearms. The exact definition of assault weapon will need to be determined. But we should all be able to agree that the civilian version of the very deadly weapon that the Army issued to me should certainly qualify. I would not support any version of a ban that results in confiscating existing legally owned firearms.

Ensuring that every firearm purchaser has a background check. We also need to improve the background check system.

Banning the sale of accessories and add-ons that circumvent the ban on automatic firearms, and increasing the ages at which individuals can purchase various categories of firearms.

Ensuring that those who have been detained for mental illness, or have been ordered by courts to receive treatment for mental illness, cannot purchase firearms.

Ensuring that someone who is being looked at as a possible terrorist, through a system of due process, cannot purchase a firearm and that any person threatening to shoot or blow up a school, in word or on social media, is placed on an F.B.I. watch list for a long time.

Providing behavior detection training to anyone seeking a Federal Firearms License.

Making substantial resources available to schools, at their discretion, for security measures, including the opportunity to purchase enhanced security screening, install classroom panic buttons wired directly to law enforcement and hire additional school resource officers.

Holding the F.B.I. and state agencies accountable for their failures to identify a threat like Nikolas Cruz, as well as ensuring that schools enforce basic security protocols to prevent access by unauthorized personnel.

And finally, conducting further research into the nexus of gun violence, violence in mass media and mental illness.

The president, House of Representatives, Senate, every state legislature, sheriffs, police officers, school boards, students and parents must unite with one mission: that no one will ever be murdered in school again.

Brian Mast, a Republican, is the representative for Florida’s 18th congressional district.

Would passing laws even help?

We have had an absolute explosion in mass shootings in handful of years since the assault weapons ban expired. And the vast majority of the most lethal of these shootings were all committed using an AR15.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...became-mass-shooters-weapon-of-choice-w451452

The stats back up the fact that there is far more gun violence in the places with the least amount of gun regulations...

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/death-by-gun-top-20-states-with-highest-rates/19/

As an aside, if you don’t believe that laws can help, then why the hell do we even pass laws?

If laws have no impact then Lets make machine guns and grenade launchers legal again. Lets make it legal for 3 year olds to buy guns. Lets make it even easier for people with mental illness or a history of violence to buy guns. If you really believe laws have no impact then why do we bother to pass any laws?

Don’t you find it odd that all these shooters use legal guns? None of them are shooting up schools with machine guns, rpgs or grenade launchers. Either that’s one hell of a coincidence or regulations and laws do work.

Don’t places like Detroit and Chicago with strict gun regulations have higher rates of gun violence?

Cities (including Detroit and Chicago) have lower per capita gun violence deaths than the suburbs and rural areas.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/crime-and-corrections/public-safety

It doesn’t fit the agenda of the NRA or Fox News to talk about the 25 bright red states that have much higher rates of crime and violence than both Illinois and Michigan.

Michigan and Illinois are 24 and 25 on the list. There are 25 mostly bright red states ranked lower on this list due to having significantly higher rates of crime.

The most populated states with the most and biggest cities, and the strictest gun regulations, all rank high in terms of public safety and rank very low in terms of violent crime.

Per capita, red states with lax gun regulations have far far higher gun violence and gun deaths... https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/death-by-gun-top-20-states-with-highest-rates/21/

If your point is that more people die where more people live (in the cities), duh. But if you compare number of deaths as a proportion of the number of people living there, cities and states with gun regulations are by far the safest places to live.

How would you even define an “assault rifle”?

These assault rifles could be defined as anything that allows for accurate shooting of crowds from 100 yards away and can shoot over 12 bullets before having to reload (modded AR15s can shoot 40 bullets without having to reload giving less opportunity for good guys to come close enough to the shooter to stop them).

This kid was shooting up targets from all the way from one end of the hall way to the other end, to the point that four well trained police officers “good guys with a gun” and in fact most police officers would be afraid to even try to engage him until he uses up the ammo in his clip and has to reload.

The vegas shooter shot 300 people from over a 1000 yards away using rifles, extended ammo clips and bump stocks that he bought legally. These are the weapons of cowards.

With a 8 shooter pistol, both would have had to be much closer to their targets and would have had to reload much more frequently providing ample opportunity for a large crowd of people that are being shot at to gang up and overpower the shooter.

And it’s a medical fact that people shot with a pistol are much more likely to survive than people shot up with these rifles.

But perhaps the most scientific way to define assault rifles specifically as those that have a long range of accuracy, can discharge over 12 rounds without needing to reload, and still manage to be deadlier than handguns as well documented by radiology scans of bullet wounds in the below article...

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/553937/

I have been a radiologist in one of the busiest trauma centers in the United States for 13 years, and have diagnosed thousands of handgun injuries to the brain, lung, liver, spleen, bowel, and other vital organs. I thought that I knew all that I needed to know about gunshot wounds, but the specific pattern of injury on my computer screen was one that I had seen only once before.

In a typical handgun injury, which I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ such as the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, gray bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments.

I was looking at a CT scan of one of the mass-shooting victims from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been brought to the trauma center during my call shift. The organ looked like an overripe melon smashed by a sledgehammer, and was bleeding extensively. How could a gunshot wound have caused this much damage?

The reaction in the emergency room was the same. One of the trauma surgeons opened a young victim in the operating room, and found only shreds of the organ that had been hit by a bullet from an AR-15, a semiautomatic rifle that delivers a devastatingly lethal, high-velocity bullet to the victim. Nothing was left to repair—and utterly, devastatingly, nothing could be done to fix the problem. The injury was fatal.

A year ago, when a gunman opened fire at the Fort Lauderdale airport with a 9 mm semiautomatic handgun, hitting 11 people in 90 seconds, I was also on call. It was not until I had diagnosed the third of the six victims who were transported to the trauma center that I realized something out of the ordinary must have happened. The gunshot wounds were the same low-velocity handgun injuries that I diagnose every day; only their rapid succession set them apart. And all six of the victims who arrived at the hospital that day survived.

Routine handgun injuries leave entry and exit wounds and linear tracks through the victim’s body that are roughly the size of the bullet. If the bullet does not directly hit something crucial like the heart or the aorta, and the victim does not bleed to death before being transported to our care at the trauma center, chances are that we can save him. The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different: They travel at a higher velocity and are far more lethal than routine bullets fired from a handgun. The damage they cause is a function of the energy they impart as they pass through the body. A typical AR-15 bullet leaves the barrel traveling almost three times faster than—and imparting more than three times the energy of—a typical 9mm bullet from a handgun. An AR-15 rifle outfitted with a magazine with 50 rounds allows many more lethal bullets to be delivered quickly without reloading.

I have seen a handful of AR-15 injuries in my career. Years ago I saw one from a man shot in the back by a swat team. The injury along the path of the bullet from an AR-15 is vastly different from a low-velocity handgun injury. The bullet from an AR-15 passes through the body like a cigarette boat traveling at maximum speed through a tiny canal. The tissue next to the bullet is elastic—moving away from the bullet like waves of water displaced by the boat—and then returns and settles back. This process is called cavitation; it leaves the displaced tissue damaged or killed. The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path. It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.

Wouldn’t this violate the second amendment?

The Supreme Court has affirmed that the second amendment clearly protects the right of people to own handguns and revolvers barring a compelling reason (such as a history of violence, extremist views, or threats of violence).

At the same time, and this is what the NRA and Guns rights advocates leave out, the Supreme Court has repeatedly refused to expand second amendments rights to apply to anything other than muskets, handguns and revolvers. The NRA had tried over a dozen times to get the Supreme Court to expand the second amendment to apply to things beyond handguns and muskets and the court refused them on every turn. Even Anthony Scalia said that that’s not something he was ready to do.

Therefore, as per the law of the land, the 2nd amendment applies, but it applies to handguns and revolvers only (I don’t think anyone even makes muskets these days). Both blue states and federal laws may impose restrictions on any firearms except for revolvers. And this is by design, eventhe most conservative Supreme Court in history reaffirmed this interpretation of the second amendment.

And the NRA is well aware of this fact, because they are the people that have been asking the Supreme Court to review cases to try to get the second amendment to apply to other types of guns as well for decades, and have failed every time.

I agree with the Supreme Court. The states and the nation can and should make new purchases of long range high capacity semiautomatic rifles illegal. As long as they do not impose restrictions on the sales of handguns or revolvers, they are completely in line with the second amendment.

But no one should ever impose restrictions on revolvers. The only individuals that can be made unable to buy or keep revolvers are those explicitly found by the courts or by law enforcement (pending court review within 72 hours) not to be safely able to own a gun.

This is exactly what is done with psychotic people. The laws allow law enforcement to involuntarily send people with psychosis to mental health hospitals for 72 hours. But within 72 hours of them being sent to the hospital, they have to be seen by a psychiatrist and if the psychiatrist feels they are not safe for release, they have to have a court hearing within a week or less (the exact number of days varies state by state) with a lawyer for the defendant present and three judges review all the evidence to determine if they should be forced to stay in the hospital and be made to take medication to get better initially for 30-90 days based on how severe the illness is before needing to have another court hearing to extend this stay further if indicated.

Feel free to repost and share this OP without attribution as you would like anywhere you wish.

Last edited:
Admittedly not a very tactful thing to say, however present facts that refute the statement. "Report" is not a "dislike"button don't abuse it's purpose.
This group seems highly fabricated.
David Hogg and ilk have gotten more airtime than anybody else and are hamming for selfies like the cast of Real World.

This is the true story... of seven strangers... picked to politically capitalize on a mass shooting... and have their lives taped... to find out what happens... when people stop being polite... and start getting real...The Real World.

DS_Joost

Incredibly powerful. This should be heard around the world.

This following seems to be unrelated but it is not. I've followed a discussion on Reddit about tipping culture in the United States, and how the US fails to implement a basic income for these people on top of a (smaller) tip when they do their job right. None of the arguments for why that couldn't be done were satisfactory. I remember one person saying that systems like the basic income for waiters, or gun safety regulation, or universal healthcare do work in ALL other countries in which they were implemented, yet somehow, all these systems, no matter how good they are, would not work in the US. The guy then proceeded to say that maybe, maybe, this has nothing to do with those systems not working, but more with the US being incredibly backwards in some ways. Some Americans on this topic became irritated because we as Europeans do not understand their culture and as such shouldn't be so quick to judge it. This is a bullshit argument, because our cultures aren't very different. In fact, I believe there is more difference in cultures within Europe itself than between Europe as a whole and the US.

On top of that, I think it's time that Americans leave this whole Independence War thing behind. Yes, we know you fought for your independence. So did the Dutch against the Spanish, but they don't see that as being the one thing that makes us who we are, because honestly, that was a long time ago and we have nothing in common anymore with that time period or the people of that time period for that matter. My point is, there comes a point where the rest of the world moves on from that and just doesn't give a **** about that anymore. It's been 250 years ago guys. Let it go. You have nothing in common anymore with your ancestors. It was a different time. The world has moved on. Just like people say that black people or trans people shouldn't take all of their personal being from their color or gender, so shouldn't Americans take all of their personal being and pride from something that happened over 250 years ago. It's honestly beginning to look really silly at best, and sad at worst.

David Hogg and ilk have gotten more airtime than anybody else and are hamming for selfies like the cast of Real World.

This is the true story... of seven strangers... picked to politically capitalize on a mass shooting... and have their lives taped... to find out what happens... when people stop being polite... and start getting real...The Real World.

Bullshit.

You are seriously attacking the victims for having the gall to smile and hug each other for a picture. I suppose the expectation is that people that suffer a tragedy should constantly force themselves to relive it every waking second and spend their whole lives in solitude.

This story below adds some much needed context about the people pushing and “liking” these idiotic conspiracies about the students...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...a856be-1b20-11e8-b2d9-08e748f892c0_story.html

There were 10,000 people from that community in the townhall and they were cheering them on. Do you suppose all of them are fake paid actors as well?

It’s truly pathetic that you find the message so compelling that you have no choice other than to attack high school students.

Calling someone as not seeming authentic is an absolutely idiotic and meaningless argument. I can call you inauthentic, what would that even mean or prove. Just like calling someone racist or alt right rather than trying to debate them, calling someone inauthentic is not an arguement, it’s an attack, a crutch used by people that can’t debate the merits of the argument.

There is no arguing to be had with people that don’t bother arguing the points made and instead choose to attack the person making the points. It doesn’t matter if the talking points originated at the NRA or the DNC, what matters is the merits of the argument.

It’s fine to disagree with the speech, but if you do, make some damn points challenging it. Attacking the speaker instead of challenging their message just shows the world that you have absolutely nothing of value to contribute to the discussion.

I can’t believe there are actually people dumb enough to believe that events like this, the newton elementary school massacre, the Vegas shooting and countless others are fake or by paid actors but I guess there are.

Those kids are not actors, they are in the high school yearbook, they saw their friends get shot and killed by high powered rifles that can shoot 40 bullets without reloading and have accuracy from 100 yards away that would put any pistol to shame. Useful for defending your home from intruders my ass. There is absolutely no good reason to need to shoot 40 bullets without having to reload in order to protect your home.

If you think this movement is fake, I don’t know where you got your koolaid but it’s full of toxins.

Last edited:

If you posted this on ResetERA, you would've been mob lynched and banned into oblivion.

Thankfully, we have NeoGaf where you dont have to worry about this happening. FREE SPEECH IS BEST SPEECH.

Bullshit.

I can’t believe there are actually people dumb enough to believe that events like this, the newton elementary school massacre, the Vegas shooting and countless others are fake or by paid actors but I guess there are.

Those kids are not actors, they are in the high school yearbook, they saw their friends get shot and killed by high powered rifles that can shoot 40 bullets without reloading have accuracy from 100 yards away that would put any pistol to shame.

If you think this movement is fake, I don’t know where you got your koolaid but it’s full of poison.

Did you even read what he said? He didn't say the shooting was fake but rather these victims were handpicked to push a certain political agenda.

If you posted this on ResetERA, you would've been mob lynched and banned into oblivion.

Thankfully, we have NeoGaf where you dont have to worry about this happening. FREE SPEECH IS BEST SPEECH.

Yes, it’s better to expose idoitic beliefs to sunlight so the world can see them for the sham that they are rather than let them fester inside a toxic bubble like the NRA.

Did you even read what he said? He didn't say the shooting was fake but rather these victims were handpicked to push a certain political agenda.

He attacked the victims for having the gall to smile and hug each other for a picture. I suppose his expectation is that people that suffer a tragedy should constantly force themselves to relive it every waking second and spend their whole lives in solitude.

Again there tens of thousands of people from the Parkland community in that video and in the cnn townhall, cheering her on. All of them are phonies not capable of thinking for themselves either?

Last edited:

Spheyr

Banned
Businesses are taking away member discounts, they're not really... doing anything huge in the grand scheme of things. The NRA will be fine a year from now, ten years from now, etc.

I just renewed my membership for five years. Can't quite justify a lifetime membership right now financially.

There have been many momentous speeches in world history, and I am increasingly starting to believe that this will go down as one of them.

Just seeing all that this movement, started by high school students that put my generation to shame, has sparked already, along with the nature of how it is being spread and how it is expanding, to now encompass a mass boycott of any corporations that have any ties with the NRA.

I first saw this speech as a result of a Facebook post shared by my grandparents of all things! These are not the types of people that post or watch viral videos. It’s insane how widely it is being shared on Facebook by people from older generations. But it’s not surprising given how damn compelling that speech is. It literally sends shivers every time I hear it. The last speech that did that was Obama’s Inaugural Speech and that was aided by the emotions of having just achieved a historic first.

Worst.Speech.Ever.

David___

Banned
Yes, it’s better to expose idoitic beliefs to sunlight so the world can see them for the sham that they are rather than let them fester inside a toxic bubble like the NRA.
At the same it's a waste of breath to actually try to converse with people who think that they're paid actors. They're already too far gone to actually talk any sense to them
Check the news.

NRA is getting fucked and is losing massive support from billion dollar businesses.
That'll barely make a dent in them. What really is gonna stop them is if Mueller can find anything regarding if Russia funneled money to them to help Trump's campaign, which is what they're investigating as well.

Last edited:
Over my cold dead hands! Long live the NRA! Long Live the National Runescape Association!

What the fuck is this alt even talking about?
rsz_tqharym.png

rokkerkory

This is Fake News. There are hundreds of kids from that school and thousands in the community that can vouch for them.

TrainedRage

Banned
There have been many momentous speeches in world history, and I am increasingly starting to believe that this will go down as one of them.

I wonder if 'she' (i dont want to assume her gender) has ever talked to a gun owner or shot a gun before? All I heard was 'im muh AP gov calss my teacher indoctrinate... i mean taught me guns are bad.' And 'muh Australia' she literally said NOTHING new. How is this speech good? Its poorly written with no sources or any opposing information? She is shilling, just like the D's did literally seconds after this shooting was happening. SMH Good job CNN! /s

Clearly her feelings took over, like who was she even yelling at?

Last edited:
Kotzen: You already shared the opinion that the group seems fabricated. Now, either provide solid evidence or stop repeating the same opinion.
This is Fake News. There are hundreds of kids from that school and thousands in the community that can vouch for them.

Fake that they seem inauthentic?
Like they are reading from scripts?

Fake that they are somehow getting 10x the airtime of anybody else?

This is the district of Debbie W.S. and after the DNC leak I wouldn't put anything out of the realm of possibility.
All I know is that their reactions to their classmates getting slaughtered seems HIGHLY inauthentic and political.

TrainedRage

Banned
I wonder if you've ever been in a school shooting before?
No I haven't been in a school shooting. The security at the school I work at has stopped a few though. She seems to know a lot about guns, like how you can 'attach a device to them to make them 'fully automatic'. I mean she clearly has no idea how guns even work. Yet im supposed to take her as some expert because she lived thorough a school l shooting? Nah. She is a kid with a clear agenda pushed by people like CNN.

Watching this from across the pond, the response seems more hopeful than it usually is. Not convinced anything is going to change but it's encouraging to see. Sure beats the usual defeatism.

David___

Banned
Watching this from across the pond, the response seems more hopeful than it usually is. Not convinced anything is going to change but it's encouraging to see. Sure beats the usual defeatism.
If it isn't defeatism its the usual suspects having the nerve to call these people paid actors, like what's going on here

Last edited:

rokkerkory

Fake that they seem inauthentic?
Like they are reading from scripts?

Fake that they are somehow getting 10x the airtime of anybody else?

This is the district of Debbie W.S. and after the DNC leak I wouldn't put anything out of the realm of possibility.
All I know is that their reactions to their classmates getting slaughtered seems HIGHLY inauthentic and political.

So reading from scripts makes them unauthentic haha

10x more air cover? Thats it? After they were shot up and their friends dying, id hope at least 100x.

So reading from scripts makes them unauthentic haha

10x more air cover? Thats it? After they were shot up and their friends dying, id hope at least 100x.

The pointed, scripted, and inauthentic speeches smack of fabrication.
They way they all turn to laughter the second the cameras stop rolling.
They way the media jumps all over them like somebody in power put this whole thing together.

I want serious gun control, but I think an authentic reaction from a student that seems to be actually grieving would do more to this end.

rokkerkory

The pointed, scripted, and inauthentic speeches smack of fabrication.
They way they all turn to laughter the second the cameras stop rolling.
They way the media jumps all over them like somebody in power put this whole thing together.

I want serious gun control, but I think an authentic reaction from a student that seems to be actually grieving would do more to this end.

Until school shooting actually stops happening you should be part of the solution instead of pivoting the narrative.

David___

Banned
Yeah bumps make guns 'act' like an auto but it doesn't MAKE them magically turn into a fully auto machine gun.
Semantics at that point

Oh please. "How dare these people stand up instead of being sad."
They're turning their sadness into anger and energy. There's nothing wrong with that

Last edited:
Until school shooting actually stops happening you should be part of the solution instead of pivoting the narrative.

Don't tell me what I should or shouldn't be. This isn't REEEEEsetera where everybody has to be on the "RIGHT TEAM" or they are a part of the problem.
I vote and live my convictions and don't need a bunch of DNC shill kids telling me how to think/feel or leading the charge.

David___

Banned
Hey at least you learned something right?
No, because I knew what it did. What you're doing is arguing "Well, yea, it may make it act like a full auto rifle, but it isn't a full auto rifle", something that's negligible at best when you're the person that's GETTING SHOT AT

Last edited:

rokkerkory

Don't tell me what I should or shouldn't be. This isn't REEEEEsetera where everybody has to be on the "RIGHT TEAM" or they are a part of the problem.
I vote and live my convictions and don't need a bunch of DNC shill kids telling me how to think/feel or leading the charge.

Okay since you are SO passionate about change, go ahead and contact the GOP who control everything right now for change. Let’s see you put words into action for the change you said you wanted: “serious gun control”

Last edited:

David___

Banned
Okay since you are SO passionate about change, go ahead and contact the GOP who control everything right now for change. Let’s see you put words into action for the change you said you wanted.
He'll vote for them in the midterms cause he knows nothing will happen

Last edited:
And with that, he spoke a word and toppled the GOP and the NRA. C'mon, son.
I write a yearly letter to my congressman outlining the change I want to see. Don't act like you know.

At the same it's a waste of breath to actually try to converse with people who think that they're paid actors. They're already too far gone to actually talk any sense to them

That'll barely make a dent in them. What really is gonna stop them is if Mueller can find anything regarding if Russia funneled money to them to help Trump's campaign, which is what they're investigating as well.

Stop expecting other people to fight on your behalf. Regardless of what Mueller does, there’s no reason why we can’t all do what we can to advance the cause. Even if it is only a small dent.

There’s 5 million people that are NRA members and they pay $15 a month for the membership. In exchange they get discounts on rental cars, insurance etc. You take away the discounts and atleast some of them will see no reason to continue to pay $15 a month for the membership.

Last edited:

BraveOne

Oh please , fuck off with this garbage

Corrik

What is wrong with students using their moment of Fame to push for stronger policies against guns?

If what they say resonates enough to spur change, then the change was found to be desirable by society.

I do not think the normal tactic of stalling it out until it is no longer a news story is going to work to placate this this time

Trump is between a rock and a hard place. He seems to want to do something about guns, but he knows any actions he does will turn his base against him.

And, he at least has to stall the vote til after the midterms because Republicans blocking it could destroy them in the midterms.

A lot of politics getting in between what the President seems to want to do.

JDB

Banned

Wew, this new GAF is great. Posting pictures from The_Donald posts made by people using kekistant flags.

Oh please , fuck off with this garbage

Not at all.
It SEEMS inauthentic and fabricated.

After everything the DNC has pulled how can you say this is beyond their scope? It's too polished and pointed to be some ragtag group of students who were perfectly prepared to respond to this specific tragedy.

Wew, this new GAF is great. Posting pictures from The_Donald posts made by people using kekistant flags.

Attacking the source instead of the content isn't great. I find their duplicitous behavior when the cameras aren't rolling to be telling.

David___

Banned
Stop expecting other people to fight on your behalf. Regardless of what Mueller does, there’s no reason why we can’t all do what we can to advance the cause. Even if it is only a small dent.

There’s 5 million people that are NRA members and they pay $15 a month for the membership. In exchange they get discounts on rental cars, insurance etc. You take away the discounts and atleast some of them will see no reason to continue to pay $15 a month for the membership.
You missed what I was going for with the post(which is my own fault admittedly.) They may stop actively signing up but that won't stop them from agreeing with them, or actively listening to them even if they don't sign up for the membership. If you want to stop the NRA from spreading their shit wholesale, you go for the jugular, these are just small cuts. Though death from a thousand cuts could very well apply and you'd be right, and charges might not even be needed.

JDB

Banned
Not at all.

After everything the DNC has pulled how can you say this is beyond their scope? It's too polished and pointed to be some ragtag group of students who were perfectly prepared to respond to this specific tragedy.

Attacking the source instead of the content isn't great. I find their duplicitous behavior when the cameras aren't rolling to be telling.
Why does it seem so crazy that kids want to advocate for gun control after SEVENTEEN people got shot at their school? What is wrong with you people? Go back to 4chan with this garbage.

Rudelord

Yes, 'revolution'.
If there's any voter base that is consistent about getting out and voting in who they want, it is always NRA members. Contrary to what most people think the NRAs power doesn't come from 'buying out' politicians (their contributions are a drop in the ocean by comparison to some other 'nonprofit' lobbying groups), it comes from getting their base fired up and telling them who is for their 2nd amendment rights and who needs to be voted out to protect them. Removing discounts and thinking that's going to seriously hurt the NRA's membership base in any way is, in a word, silly.

I'm no NRA member myself, but I always vote along similar lines to the average member as well when it comes to getting in politicians who are pro 2nd.

Last edited:

BraveOne

Not at all.

Show me your proof, where is the evidence of this conspiracy. Go peddle your bullshit snake oil lies in The_Donald where they belong

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom