• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The start of Bloodborne and how it's freaking awful

Melchiah

I've finished the game after roughly 40 hours, it's too bad it didn't warn me before
talking to Gehrman
as this ended my run and I wanted to check out some of the chalice dungeons I haven't finished yet. Now I am in my NG+ without getting asked if I want to and not really motivated to play the whole stuff again, it's almost as bad as losing my whole save...

On the bright side: The Ending I've gotten was one only 13% of all Bloodborne owners have gotten, I guess because they go for this ending the second run around. But honestly I felt like it was the right choice, I had earned my rest.

FYI, the chalice dungeons aren't affected by NG+.

zeemumu

Maybe you're too reliant on shields from the previous game?

And if I'm remembering right, there's only one lantern in that area aside from the boss lantern and you're supposed to open the shortcut gate so you don't need another lantern

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I've finished the game after roughly 40 hours, it's too bad it didn't warn me before
talking to Gehrman
as this ended my run and I wanted to check out some of the chalice dungeons I haven't finished yet. Now I am in my NG+ without getting asked if I want to and not really motivated to play the whole stuff again, it's almost as bad as losing my whole save...

On the bright side: The Ending I've gotten was one only 13% of all Bloodborne owners have gotten, I guess because they go for this ending the second run around. But honestly I felt like it was the right choice, I had earned my rest.

You can go through the Chalice Dungeons at the beginning of NG+. They don't scale beyond NG, though, so they'll probably feel piss-easy and dull for quite a while before you get to the good stuff.

Afrocious

Killed Rom last night. Took 4 tries. First two I was rushing and didn't have my glasses on lol. Third try, I remembered how straightforward the fight was but got careless. 4th try was the kill.

Neith

Banned
I just started this. Wandering into the church right now. Just got that nice new armor they give you before you go down. I think I overleveled a bit having fun with the first part though. Or maybe it was to be safer.

Sweetloaf

My 15 year old son has just put a lot of us to shame, just watched him breeze through the starter area and take Gasgoine out first time, he's never played a Souls game before and loves it. I couldn't be more proud...but I've considered banning him from playing on my PS4 if he's gonna be better than me.

My 15 year old son has just put a lot of us to shame, just watched him breeze through the starter area and take Gasgoine out first time, he's never played a Souls game before and loves it. I couldn't be more proud...but I've considered banning him from playing on my PS4 if he's gonna be better than me.

Good for him! Now give him your GAF account.

lol, that is awesome.

Top Bottom