• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - April 02 Screening - Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecrofirt

Spookydudes Email said:
If you came to Punk Rock Holocaust, you are probably just shaking that Hangover, I know I am! Well, harvest the crust from your eye’s dear Spookydudes because we are proud to present a screening of the ORIGINAL “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” in all of it’s 35mm BIG SCREEN GLORY!

This is going to be a full on return to the roots of Mondo Movie Night with a pre-movie spookshow, contests, prizes, give-aways and MORE! MORE! MORE!

Complete details coming soon! The show will be on Saturday, April 2nd 2005. at 10pm

As always, the show will be hosted at Endless Mountains Theatre. 933 Scranton/Carbondale Highway. Scranton PA 18508

Due to the expected high volume of ticket sales. We will be offering tickets through the website for $9.00 plus a $1.00 service charge. Tickets will go on sale March 4th.

Here is some of what you can expect:

-Look-a-like contest...dress as your favorite Chainsaw family member and win a special prize! Every dressed up person gets a door prize!

-The famous SCREAM QUEEN contest will return, with a new twist!

-Drayton Sawyer’s competitive chili eating contest- Be the first to slam back an obscene portion of Drayton’s delicious spicy (human) chili and win a special prize!

All that and a bunch more TBA!

“Look what your brother did to the door!”

GO.

I haven't been to the "Endless Mountain" theaters in about 8 years or so. It used to be a United Artists chain and it became outdated and pretty crappy by the mid 90s. Don't really know if they've made any updates, but not really interested in finding out. I see all my flicks at the Cinemark now.

Ecrofirt

It's an independant theater now, and they do these mondo movie night things monthly.

The show is a great time, but if you want to miss it, that's really your choice.

FnordChan

There's a terrific local theatre that has monthly screenings of old horror and SF flicks. Not too long ago, they dug up a beautiful 35mm print of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre...with Spanish subtitles. Just watching the film itself on the big screen was amazing, but the subtitles just made it that much better. Ah, a true classic of the cinema.

FnordChan

Ecrofirt

obj20geo20pg1p8.jpg

NEXT SATURDAY

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I don't think I'd be into all that extra stuff, but I'd love to go just to see the original on the big screen. Scranton's sort of far for me, though...

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I love theaters like that.

www.timescinema.com if you are ever in Milwaukee..

and for the record, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original) was the only movie recently to ever actually weird me out.. that is one fucked up movie...

Broke ass Cleveland!

Seeing The 36 Chambers of Shaolin and Master of the Flying Guillotine on the big screen = ROX!

They also have great foreign horror film festivals. Except for those poo poo Japanese horror movies. <borat> I WILL CRUSH THEM! </borat>

"I got my comfort woman! *runs*"

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
There was a horror convention here last weekend. It owned. Sid Haig, Matt McGrory, Bill Moseley, Ken Foree, Kane Hodder, Gunnar Hanson, MARILYN CHAMBERS!!!! , Marilyn Burns...

Marilyn Burns (sally), Gunnar Hansen (leatherface) and Ed Neal (hitchhiker brother) did a special Texas Chainsaw Massacre Roundtable/screening thing.

tcm.jpg

They told some great stories and we all watched TCM together. It was awesome.

swoon

FnordChan said:
There's a terrific local theatre that has monthly screenings of old horror and SF flicks. Not too long ago, they dug up a beautiful 35mm print of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre...with Spanish subtitles. Just watching the film itself on the big screen was amazing, but the subtitles just made it that much better. Ah, a true classic of the cinema.

FnordChan

argh. you should of told me about this. the carolina theater last summer played about every orson welles movie including f for fake, over the course of the summer. and the winter before that did this long film noir serious including Double Ideminity! and others. the carolina theatre system is pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom