• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trademark for Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds has been suspended

RRockman

Banned
SEE YOU IN COURT, CONTENT THIEF!

;)

is ok, I have a undefeated defense attorney.

Phoenix-Wright-HD-Sprites-ace-attorney-35724972-960-640.gif

XD

Blam

Wow miss spelt title. You mean Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen, but certainly not Permafrost Wilderness.

Apathy

One's on the App Store and the other is on the PlayStation store? How could anyone ever tell the two apart?

Have a 5 minute conversation with a random consumer. You'll end up wondering how it doesn't happen me often. The general masses are dumber than a sack of rocks.

jdstorm

Banned
Sony to Gurella Games right now.... can we make this Beach themed? Surely the cold never bothered her anyway.

will probably just rename Wilds to Tundra and move on

jryeje29

I really gotta get back and finish this game especially with the dlc out. I started going through some open world fatigue while playing this but this reminds me to go back, especially if the dlc is any good.

Briarios

They may still be able to use it even if they can't trademark it. Officially, you can't copyright or trademark a title, at least when it comes to books and movies -- only a brand.

So, for example I could write a book and title it The Chamber of Secrets ... But not use the Harry Potter branding. I wouldn't be able to sell toys under the Chamber of Secrets trademark, either.

I'm sure their lawyers will get it sorted -- but, you may see them use the title but see no merchandise with The Frozen Wilds on it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
With no trademark for the name, they might as well cancel the game. Too bad. Looked good. Mobile ruins something yet again.

Top Bottom