• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The unwritten rule of privacy in a restaurant booth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alfarif said:
Bro... I clicked your tag and it took me to a thread that looked exactly like the OP for this one. I was so confused, it took me a second to realize what the hell was going on.
First post here fucking nailed it.

Docpan

Solideliquid said:
I know I'm sort of late to this party, but it seems to me that the girl just wasn't hot enough. If you date about a 6, you probably wouldn't get distracted and see some dude looking in your direction and go a completely unjustifiable rage and ruin both your evenings.
You're right, she was actually a solid seven, but like I said earlier I am looking for a girlfriend type right now over a 'let's fuck' type. Tryin' to make compromises, but it's tough.......

Docpan said:
You're right, she was actually a solid seven, but like I said earlier I am looking for a girlfriend type right now over a 'let's fuck' type. Tryin' to make compromises, but it's tough.......
To get a girlfriend stick around, you're going to need anger management.

Docpan said:
You...you thought I was being serious?

UFRA

Docpan said:

If your personality was really as messed up as it is in your little stories, you'd be lucky to get to the 'lets hold hands' type.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think i found an old pic of Docpan.

guido-tutorial.jpg

If you really wanted privacy, get a room. Dude was watching a game. You let that bother you. You could have looked/talked to your date.

JBaird

Banned
Beezy said:
I don't see how anyone could not enjoy Docpan's threads. :lol

This is my first Docpan thread, but even I can see the greater use that these threads can have. We need to send these out in a viral campaign to spread them across the world so that everyone can join together in world peace to ridicule Docpan.

Az

Docpan is not bad, but I liked NintendosBooger a bit more. Boogers threads at some point were actually believable.

The only reason I am pretty much sure that Docpan is fake is that he'll never respond to accusations and people calling him fake character.

sunsetsf

Banned
JBaird said:
This is my first Docpan thread, but even I can see the greater use that these threads can have. We need to send these out in a viral campaign to spread them across the world so that everyone can join together in world peace to ridicule Docpan.
no

Chipopo

Banned
TheAzRim said:
Docpan is not bad, but I liked NintendosBooger a bit more. Boogers threads at some point were actually believable.

The only reason I am pretty much sure that Docpan is fake is that he'll never respond to accusations and people calling him fake character.

He does in this thread.

Articate

Banned
I read this thread while I was still in Tokyo, and I just wanted to take the time to come in and say what and idiot, self-obsessed asshole and complete dickhead OP is.

Docpan said:
After all, I read that physical attraction isn't what really gets girls hooked in, anyways. That's why I SPECIFICALLY asked for a booth.

Turns out that when you're this concious about something like this, you probably don't have a chance of doing either.

Docpan said:
So here we are, sitting in the booth, sipping on some margaritas and chattin' it up about her cousin or uncle or whoever the fuck it is that has a nice house in Florida. She's one of those girls who trails off about whatever for seemingly hours on end. Whatever, she's still hot.

This is why you're an idiot.

Docpan said:
At any rate, I'm getting antsy, and I end up looking across the room to soak in the scenery. A picture here, a nice ass there.
This is why you're an self-obsessed asshole

Docpan said:
The fact that he just SAT THERE like a mindless derelict was enough to set me off. He was breaking all the unwritten laws of booth privacy.

So, people have to watch where they look. This is why you're a dickhead.

Docpan said:
1) located at an extremely far distance from his position, making his viewing area un-optimal, and 2) it was disturbing my privacy. In other words: UN-FUCKING-ACCEPTABLE.

Docpan said:
Now, the whole making a good first impression on the girl thing was on my mind the whole time, so I waited until she went to the bathroom to say something. This is how it played out, more or less. Keep in mind that I was essentially yelling due to our proximity to each other.

I hope you completely ruined it with her. I'm sure you'd manage to do that on your own, though.

Docpan said:
Now I was fucking pissed. Really pissed. I wanted to shove his head through the goddamn TV that he was so dead-set on watching. Not just for the rudeness of his intrusion, but because he was playing the dumb card and pretending not to notice my visual cues of unhappiness throughout the entire course of the meal. Nothing sets me off more than a dickhead, who tries to turn it around on me and make ME seem like the dickhead.

Oh, believe me, you ARE the dickhead.

I pray that one day I come across Docpan or someone like him. All it takes it one time to cross the wrong person on some roid rage shit.

tabsina

I missed this one too, thanks for the bump, thewesker

Docpan is easily my favourite OP, fake or not, his perceptions are always hilarious

tabsina

movie_club said:
can someone link me to another docpan thread? this is the first i have seen :lol :lol :lol :lol

there are two in his tag, and a whole lot of them linked in the first few pages

tabsina said:
Docpan is easily my favourite OP, fake or not, his perceptions are always hilarious
I give a slight edge to Nintendosbooger.

The "homeless guy stole my laundry" thread is a classic. It's definitely one of my favorites from my days as a GAF lurker.

EDIT: Shit, I didn't realize that NB got permabanned. That's a bummer. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom