• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The War Z AKA "28 Scandals Later" AKA "bury the ones we love and plagiarize the rest"

Scruggy

Neo Member
I've decided to pe-order the game on Wedensday -- this sounds pretty much like everything I've ever wanted in an MMO. SO, hellz yeah.

legacyzero

Banned
Getting some pretty awesome character customization.

621204_260468914070423_208451607_o.jpg

Posted to their facebook.

#2 girl is about the only one who would really be like that in a zombie-gun world, the other 3 just remind me of saints row silliness.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Are they serious with that lol...

I have a feeling this game is going to be awful...

Evolved1

Human civilization has collapsed in a cataclysmic pandemic, it's the end of the world, civic order and law enforcement no longer exist, the dead walk, and even more dangerous than zombies are the marauders who will probably eat you too... after they rape you.

I think this situation definitely calls for a halter top and mini skirt. Cleavage, most assuredly. That's a good strategy.

Evolved1

Ugh, kill it with fire.

Why do people preorder?

Especially without having seen the game in motion...

#2 girl is about the only one who would really be like that in a zombie-gun world...

Not really. Better than the others, but still very unprepared for any kind of encounter... areas most likely to be bitten, wounded, or come in contact with infected blood (forearms and hands) are completely bare skin... but yeah it's still better than the others by a mile. And if you ignore the photo shoot hair and makeup, seems like something a real human being might wear.

The M.O.B

Getting some pretty awesome character customization.

621204_260468914070423_208451607_o.jpg

Posted to their facebook.

First one just woke up from an afternoon nap after going for a jog and conveniently missing her bra.
Second one is decent.
3rd one just came from a deathmetal rave and will die quickly as she can't run in that skirt.
4th one is a biker chick who will also die because she is wearing big ol' boots.

In short these designs are awful except for the 2nd one.

fanboi

Banned
First one just woke up from an afternoon nap after going for a jog and conveniently missing her bra.
Second one is decent.
3rd one just came from a deathmetal rave and will die quickly as she can't run in that skirt.
4th one is a biker chick who will also die because she is wearing big ol' boots.

Well, isn't it awful depending what the user create?

They are just handing the tools,

fanboi

Banned
Ugh, kill it with fire.

Why do people preorder?

Especially without having seen the game in motion...

Not really. Better than the others, but still very unprepared for any kind of encounter... areas most likely to be bitten, wounded, or come in contact with infected blood (forearms and hands) are completely bare skin... but yeah it's still better than the others by a mile. And if you ignore the photo shoot hair and makeup, seems like something a real human being might wear.

Why do people back kickstarters?

Here atleast you have seen screens and a very close realease date.

Also, why kill it with fire?

Why do people back kickstarters?

Here atleast you have seen screens and a very close realease date.

Also, why kill it with fire?

Well I am judging the developer without having played their game here, by their posts on the dayz forums and the released media, but this garbage looks like a soulless and shameless cash grab to me.

That last character update is a bad indicator that I could be right.

elseanio

Male:

467368_260554904061824_1982009239_o.jpg

The footwear ok on these guys? What about the guy in the waistcoat, what's he gonna do at night when it's cold :eek: So impracticable.

mik83kuu

Banned
The character design has put me off. I really hope when I log in for the first time I don't see a female survivor dancing half-naked on top of a mailbox asking for in-game currency and cyberz :-(

dubq

Wow, you people freaking out about character CONCEPTS are hilariously comical. Honestly, of all the things to nitpick about.

thebeeks

Banned
I wonder if they'll add the ability to board up doors/windows to make shelter safer. That's my favorite part of Project Zomboid.

legacyzero

Banned
Ok, the Male concepts seem more practical LOL. Although I'm not sure I'd be running around a Post Apocalyptic rural American with a cowboy hat on =/

Evolved1

Wow, you people freaking out about character CONCEPTS are hilariously comical. Honestly, of all the things to nitpick about.

No one is "freaking out"... it's just commentary. The concepts are hilariously awful and because they haven't shown the game, there's not much else to talk about. This is what they show, this is what gets discussed. And if you've been eager to learn about the game, especially things like what the tone will be, concepts give you an indication of their direction with it. That's the point of concepts. And this stuff kinda gives the impression they are going for something silly. Hopefully they are trying to be silly with it. Because no one could take this stuff seriously.

Ok, the Male concepts seem more practical LOL. Although I'm not sure I'd be running around a Post Apocalyptic rural American with a cowboy hat on =/

Second guy in that set is the reason why in a post apocalyptic world... you hide your cleavage. and children. and maybe barn animals.

Imagine rounding a corner and seeing ten of that guy staring back at you?

legacyzero

Banned
...really? There's an apocalypse going on, ladies. Gotta look sexy for the undead, I guess.

Milla Jovovich wants you to TAKE THAT BACK!!
resident_evil.jpg

:lol

Second guy in that set is the reason why in a post apocalyptic world... you hide your cleavage. and children. and maybe barn animals.

Imagine rounding a corner and seeing ten of that guy staring back at you?
Yeah, that guy is creepy as FUCK LOL

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
People aren't going to stop having sex just because there is a zombie apocalypse.

If anything, it brings some of the more controversial fetishes into play.

I'm not too bothered by the character designs. I don't know why people are complaining when most of the main characters in these games are pretty ideal. I mean, even in the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games, or even the DayZ mod, or heck I love Killing Floor but I can run around killing stuff in a chicken suit if I desire. I find this a weird complaint if only since literally every other zombie game does this, from Left 4 Dead to The Walking Dead.

I just dont believe the "we conveniently were working on this title way before DayZ", but we can only show you a few bullshots that show models that are almost lookalikes of DayZ survivor default model with a stupid large backpack because we didn't even test this at all.

And a few weeks after we show you some concepts because beta is totally coming soon. I just... think they're not being honest here. The least i'd expect is some small snippets of gameplay.

Atomski

The more I read and see from this game, the less interested I become.

It was a pretty good sign something was up when it was announced as "like Dayz!". When in reality its not at all. They just added a perma death mode.. which is not even the main mode.

Ettie

Exactly my thoughts. Looks like we know what type of audience they're focusing on.

While I don't disagree, it's not always cut and dry. My wife won't play any type of RPG that doesn't allow her to be female, and the sexier the better.

*shrug*

Raide

...really? There's an apocalypse going on, ladies. Gotta look sexy for the undead, I guess.

I am not sure you're seeing the bigger Zombie Survival picture here. Use hot girl as Zombie bait, laugh as you sprint to freedom. What could go wrong?!?

Black-Box

Second one is decent.

First one is wearing a bra.

Teletraan1

Banned
Thanks for the perma death non zombie suggestions.

Its just that in the last few months we have had Day Z, ZombiU, The War Z all showing zombie related games and all of them have seemed to push Perma Death as the "big" feature. Which I find ironic because you are pushing Perma death in a world where the dead have come back to life.

I would like to see an open world type game with a realistic damage model to the character that would result in perma death if your injuries became too severe. I guess they usually have zombies because its hard to get shot in the head and live vs any other enemy that they can throw at us.

At first I was thinking of something like "The Omega Man" but those enemies were too much like smart zombies with a tech aversion and herpes that couldn't go into the light but the basic concept might work. You scavenge an open world city during the day and at night you fight off these intruders that are trying to kill you. The day segments since you are going into buildings you have a chance to meet up with these enemies that don't like the sun.

A time travel idea might work as well where you are sent back with some advanced weaponry and have to fight primitive enemies that outnumber you.

I guess this is all the same concept as zombies but at least the setting is a little different and isn't out of the zombie handbook.

dubq

No one is "freaking out"... it's just commentary. The concepts are hilariously awful and because they haven't shown the game, there's not much else to talk about. This is what they show, this is what gets discussed. And if you've been eager to learn about the game, especially things like what the tone will be, concepts give you an indication of their direction with it. That's the point of concepts. And this stuff kinda gives the impression they are going for something silly. Hopefully they are trying to be silly with it. Because no one could take this stuff seriously.
it's such a crybaby thing to nitpick about, though. You can obviously create your own build. These are artist concepts, and theyare hardly "hilariously awful." Should they all be wearing long sleeved shirts with bulky jackets over top? The artist is obviously trying to show that you can create a variety of looks, which is what people will want even if you dont like it, and even if they don't "make sense" for the situation were it real.

Not only that, but who cares if what they are wearing is impractical? Chances are if the world goes to shit in a zombie apocalypse you're probably going to be wearing what you were wearing when it happens until you come across new clothes. Makes sense to me.

Card Boy

Banned
Excellent thanks for the heads up. That UI already looks better than Day-Z already (any UI looks better than Day-Z). Reminds me of Dead Island.

Top Bottom