• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
By the way, I finally tracked down those design patents Shiggy found in the European database. Here are direct links to each version of the wuc:

http://oami.europa.eu/RCDOnline/RequestManager/getRCDAttachment?idRCDAttach=000087026266.pdf - sliders

http://oami.europa.eu/RCDOnline/RequestManager/getRCDAttachment?idRCDAttach=000087026264.pdf- sticks

I'm not sure where he can tell which version is earlier, there are various dates, but I'm not sure what they correspond to.

Also, I noticed something interesting in the new design, what looks to be the new spot for the IR transmitter, its window much larger, and even wraps around a little to the underside of the controller. Perhaps this was done in order to improve signal connection even when the wuc is held straight up.

Izick

Why? He had nothing good to say about it AT ALL.

Don't remember the whole show, but I think he had some valid criticisms and concern. Either way, he's one of the best of the industry, and a veteran in his own right. I will always enjoy his view on things, no matter how much they may or may not contrast with mine. I always appreciate those with insight.

Nibel

I saw an interview with Reggie and he was asked the price of the system or if that is important to him(the interviewer was aware he wasn't going to give him a number) and he said that "value" is important to them meaning there will have to be incentive included with the system so people can have something to do solely buying the console.

I wonder if they

a) will have pre-installed stuff on it which they see as value

b) bundle the console with a game that shows the system's capabilities (what if this is in fact NSMB Mii?)

C) do both

I wonder if they

a) will have pre-installed stuff on it which they see as value

b) bundle the console with a game that shows the system's capabilities (what if this is in fact NSMB Mii?)

C) do both

Both would be awesome but if I had to guess, it'd be A.

They could pack in a disc ala Wii Sports with nice diversions like Chase Mii, Battle Mii, etc... but I'm not sure if it will be those types of games as they are multiplayer focused.

DrWong

It's ~7:57AM in Paris right now.

Wakey-wakey, IdeaMan! Time for sharing! Sharing means caring!

IdeaManShares.jpg
It's coffee time here, before going to the office. Good morning Wii U fanatics, read you later. At work.

Yeah, but do we know what it's about? The controller? A new game? OS-stuff?

I'm not positive but I think he was beaten to the punch about the Wii U Controller and said he would add other news about it to Ace's(???) thread but make a separate thread for something else that is rather noteworthy.

I take it that isn't controller related but I don't know for sure.

Linkhero1

Whatever he's going to make a thread about, I wouldn't be surprised if it got "leaked" before he gets a chance to make a thread about it.

Actually... I'm very interested in what the Wii U's operating system will be like.

If I had to wager a guess, it'd be almost exactly like the Wii's OS with channels, but you can group channels into folders (like the 3DS's folders), and you could use the stylus or the pointer to interact with the menus.

I can imagine pushing the Home button and the current game screen zooms out and is placed into the channel window. You can have multiple channels opened at once, like a game and the Web browser, and if we're really lucky, Netflix/Hulu/Skype (so we won't have to exit the game to watch stuff).

Putting in a USB hard drive or SD card will automatically populate the channel list with the games on it, similar to the 3DS.

Considering how much I do like the Wii's channels over any other console's/handheld's menus, I do hope it's something like that.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Id laugh my ass off if it turned out the "big" thread he makes is revealing his a troll.
One thing I find suspect is that whenever he makes a reveal post, his English all of a sudden becomes much more incomprehensible.

Says Wii U is launching on November 23. That's a Friday.

Not happening.

Nintendo's recent game releases have been on Fridays: Kid Icarus, Spirit Camera. It seems to be a trend (and, I speculate, the reason why Amazon has resumed carrying Nintendo goods).

There are many other reasons why the list is probably fake. But the Friday thing might hold the least water of them.

Nibel

Wii U OS will be really interesting since if rumors are believed Nintendo saved 512 MB ram for themselves. Of course this won't be the final amount of ram for the OS, but it just illustrates that they seem to aim high with that one.

Multi tasking will be probably big - play your game, switch to browser, continue playing

One thing I find suspect is that whenever he makes a reveal post, his English all of a sudden becomes much more incomprehensible.

I was about to say this earlier... its like he writes in French and copy/paste to google translate or something because everything becomes more cryptic

whatever... its hard enough for him to post in these threads without backlash so posting a new "WiiU Rumor" thread is going to get many bans

Nibel

Because he reads through his posts like a dozen before he publish them and tries to get the wording as accurate as possible so that no misunderstandomg happens.

This is actually why he wants to have his own thread with the option to expand the OP with updates etc., he likes it save

One reason I haven't found PA funny in years is that it seems they can't go just one strip without dropping the F word or using profanity and crude humor. I like Jerry Seinfeld's take on frequent use of the F word and vulgar language that he mentioned once in an interview when asked why he doesn't go that route: "Because it's poor workmanship. You're shocking the audience into a response."

HylianTom

Banned
I was about to say this earlier... its like he writes in French and copy/paste to google translate or something because everything becomes more cryptic

whatever... its hard enough for him to post in these threads without backlash so posting a new "WiiU Rumor" thread is going to get many bans

Hmm. No matter what, I just hope he treads carefully. Whatever he reveals, wherever he reveals it.. it's going to generate a lot of excitement, regardless of the style.

I just hope that it's something befitting of all of this anticipation. Part of me wants absolutely everything held-back for the conference so that Nintendo has as much ammunition as possible to steamroll our minds for a full 45 minutes.. but perhaps a small-medium leak from IM wouldn't hurt.

HylianTom

Banned
If it's something decent (as he has been hinting), I wonder how long it would take for his news to reach the big sites. It'll be interesting to see the stretch of time from OP to news/rumor article time stamp.

unlike MATTYB's leak

if IdeaMan posted all he knew, I don't really see how he would be tracked back to his source to get anyone fired. This is the issue I have with all of this, if you know something say it clearly or say you cannot share any info and don't tease people for months

this whole new desire and need to wait for a debut thread was the last straw for me, that just sends out all the wrong vibes for me. So I've been seeing him as more of a Lex Luthor than the hero we all wanted him to be these past few months.

Poor guy, he does not see this cannot end well :3

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
One reason I haven't found PA funny in years is that it seems they can't go just one strip without dropping the F word or using profanity and crude humor. I like Jerry Seinfeld's take on frequent use of the F word and vulgar language that he mentioned once in an interview when asked why he doesn't go that route: "Because it's poor workmanship. You're shocking the audience into a response."
That's silly.

So did this Matty guy who leaked the controller pic get in trouble/canned?

And no offense, but IdeaMan's thread better be good. The bar has been set higher since he got scooped on the controller photo.

antonz

And no offense, but IdeaMan's thread better be good. The bar has been set higher since he got scooped on the controller photo.

Matty is likely going to be fired and blacklisted from the industry unless he has some powerful friends somewhere. At QA level to fuck up like that is a kiss of death

"What kinda s---hole planet is this?!" comes immediately to mind.

NateDrake

unlike MATTYB's leak

if IdeaMan posted all he knew, I don't really see how he would be tracked back to his source to get anyone fired. This is the issue I have with all of this, if you know something say it clearly or say you cannot share any info and don't tease people for months

this whole new desire and need to wait for a debut thread was the last straw for me, that just sends out all the wrong vibes for me. So I've been seeing him as more of a Lex Luthor than the hero we all wanted him to be these past few months.

Poor guy, he does not see this cannot end well :3

I also fear his reveal will be less than many hope, possibly leading to bans from reactions some may have to either the cryptic nature of the post or just less than thread-worthy news. For his sake I do hope it is of decent proportions & proves to be worthwhile.

We'll find out soon whether he posts the information in a thread or not.

Linkhero1

Like I said earlier, what he wants to leak might get leaked before he can leak it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom