• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38012220&postcount=14967

Maybe the OS will take 150MB, but will need 300 additional MB of free space for system features, like multi-tasking, background things, etc. Putting your game on hold, storing your progression, having the engine (well maybe not everything from it) cached, saved, in the memory, while you're switching to the dashboard, the interface, and launch other apps, could require some space. The 512MB thing is a strong hint toward a pretty rich system in the software layer, functions, services, department. There's a lot of chances it won't be the actual size of what all this will take either in the flash storage, or in the RAM memory once loaded, after optimizations, etc.

I don't know that still seems like an ABSURD amount of ram for that. Like brochiller says below.

That is an absurd amount of RAM for a console OS. I don't know what they could possibly be using all of that 512 megs for if they are truly going to be using all of that when the system launches. The only thing I can think of would be if they are really going through with that rumor last year about being able to watch your friend's games on your controller while you play your own game.

Refresher for those who forget:

http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-stream-console

Though even needing 512 megs of ram to stream a friends game seems INSANE. Because you're just streaming the video not interacting with them.

I don't know we'll see, it just seems like an awful lot of ram to me.

HylianTom

Banned
I don't know that still seems like an ABSURD amount of ram for that. Like brochiller says below.

Though even needing 512 megs of ram to stream a friends game seems INSANE. Because you're just streaming the video not interacting with them.

I don't know we'll see, it just seems like an awful lot of ram to me.

To me, it points to an incredible final set of secrets as far as non-gaming applications are concerned.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

FLDns.gif

Snakeyes

Well I think the Vitality Sensor is permanantly on the shelf, and definitely not a part of the controller (no where to stick your finger into).

Haptics are one of those things I keep seeing people ask for, but I don't think the tech is really ready for prime time/affordable enough for some thing like this just yet.

To me that leaves UE4.

Pretty much, though I think haptic screens are ready for the mass market.

HylianTom

Banned
We are now approaching the 350 hour mark.

I still can't get over the fact that we have not just a single conference, but three events in total to look forward to. If Nintendo makes the right moves, this may well be my favorite E3 ever.

Reggie-Fils-Aime1.jpg

HYPE!

I still can't get over the fact that we have not just a single conference, but three events in total to look forward to. If Nintendo makes the right moves, this may well be my favorite E3 ever.

Reggie-Fils-Aime1.jpg

HYPE!

He looks thinner there, the on-hold bombs are making him go to waste!!!

HylianTom

Banned

Oh yes.. we have the conference, the developers' roundtable, and then the new games showcase. Nintendo is apparently going to one-up its competitors and bowl-over the media by flooding us all with games, games, games. It's unprecedented, this level of aggression. I like!

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
The way I see it we've speculated on the Ice Cream maker and I'd consider it to be a major feature of the console, therefore it's just as likely to be Idea Man's next surprise as UE4/haptics are.

hey i already said it's not "haptic level" :p
nor UE4 i'm sorry

now if we could just put the heads-up about this upcoming message in a corner of our head and speculate about the already available info, from tons of other posters, from me, etc, that will be better :)

Oh yes.. we have the conference, the developers' roundtable, and then the new games showcase. Nintendo is apparently going to one-up its competitors and bowl-over the media by flooding us all with games, games, games. It's unprecedented, this level of aggression. I like!

What about the interview with that hardware guy on e3.nintendo.com? Is that a fourth thing, or is it part of the round table?

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I would have loved to taste the pizzas he launched while working for Pizza Hut, the big foot and big new yorker, they seem delicious !!
Someone tried those ?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
No offense Ideaman, but this is getting a little annoying. Spill it or zip it! Isn't there a TOS rule against this crap?

P.S I haven't been following as well other people, so if there's a good reason for it I apologize in advance :p

Reggie-Fils-Aime1.jpg

HYPE!

Is he asking what is up the Nintendo followers?

Snakeyes

That sounds awesome. If I was them I'd also buy exclusive rights to the FFVII remake in order to secure Japan completely and get GTA V on Wii U, but this should do for now.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
No offense Ideaman, but this is getting a little annoying. Spill it or zip it! Isn't there a TOS rule against this crap?

P.S I haven't been following as well other people, so if there's a good reason for it I apologize in advance :p

what ? i just posted something 2 pages back
for the rest, i'm just answering to people question and i just said to forget about the heads-up i was literally forced to do because some didn't understand why i didn't make a thread the 21st (despite even a moderator explaining it).

Now no more talk about that yes :)

edit: just saw you edit, no problem

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Nintendo Press Conference
Developer Round Table
Nintendo E3 Showfloor Video Summary
Nintendo E3 Video Interview with Katsuya Eguchi (some new Wii U game)

I'm the only one here excited about New Super Mario Brothers Wii U.

Yeah, it probably won't look too much better but the level design seemed as crazy as ever and I'd love to play it on the controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom