• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's our new hero.
seriously, it can become a new meme (the new captain raibow will be that figure!)
F8Blb.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
The thread title is really fitting, I guess it's the only place that have not been invaded by haters and trolls...
Just remember to PM a mod; we've been instructed repeatedly to do so, so we can expect some degree of fairness, I would think..

I have a busy day of work today, so I'm going to miss Microsoft's conference, but I honestly don't really care about it, so no I'm not too upset.
Same here. But I'll be able to look in from time to time. Very interested in what they'll all show today.. :)

Say, what a good stream provider to use for the other conferences?

Just remember to PM a mod; we've been instructed repeatedly to do so, so we can expect some degree of fairness, I would think..

I think I will PM EviLore to complain about Non-specific Action Figure's constant trolling of this thread.

Tim-E

I hope this thread stays that way. It's one of the few non-cynical threads on this forum. As I get older the cynicism of everyone on the internet, and especially in the gaming community, is grating. It's kind of shocking that a community on GAF can exist that is different from that, but I'll take it.

Same here. But I'll be able to look in from time to time. Very interested in what they'll all show today.. :)

I like seeing what everyone in the industry is doing, so I'm interested in that regard, but I'm not upset that I'll miss the live stream. With Microsoft's conference I'll be happy to just read the bullet points of what occured and watch any trailers that I'm interested in after-the-fact. I will be watching Sony's conference tonight, though.

HylianTom

Banned
I think I will PM EviLore to complain about Non-specific Action Figure's constant trolling of this thread.

NSAF still reminds me of Action Bastard, and is quite a presence in this thread, haha..

I hope this thread stays that way. It's one of the few non-cynical threads on this forum. As I get older the cynicism of everyone on the internet, and especially in the gaming community, is grating. It's kind of shocking that a community on GAF can exist that is different from that, but I'll take it.
Pretty much. In retrospect, I'm glad this got moved to Community.

well, I was banned [on request, by the merciful EatChildren] for last 10 days, I said that as an accumulation of my pain since then; Nintendo fans were assaulted by a banning spree :D

---
btw, I just noticed something.

Last E3, I wondered how the the UPad would stay flat on top of a table, etc. to play games like Chess, etc.

I think the new design has fixed that too (I just hope that bump at the bottom doesn't cause pain):

Jihct.jpg

---
for comparison
tBqqN.jpg

Kokonoe

Banned
I could kill someone at Nintendo if they'll propose their mor important titles without the Gamepad. especially Metroid with its visors...

I very strongly doubt they're not going to use their U Pad to the fullest. It's Nintendo we're talking about here. As I've said before, options aren't a bad thing.

Just 26 hours left for the conference!

Ok, I know there is a bingo going on in another thread, but I'd like to make a quick test here, so I'll leave a list of IPs from Nintendo with a checkbox next to it. Just quote and put an X in the games you believe that tomorrow will be shown in the typical video reel (like this), even though some of them probably won't be released until 2013, 2014 or 2015.

[] 1080º Snowboarding
[] Animal Crossing
[] Battalion Wars
[] Chibi-Robo
[] Donkey Kong platformer ([] side-scroller / [] 3D)
[] EarthBound
[] Endless Ocean
[] Excite ([] -Bike / [] -Truck / [] -Bots)
[] Eternal Darkness
[] Fire Emblem
[] F-Zero
[] Kid Icarus
[] Kirby platformer ([] side-scroller / [] 3D)
[] Luigi's Mansion
[] Metroid ([] side-scroller / [] 3D)
[] Mario Baseball
[] Mario Golf
[] Mario Kart
[] Mario Paint
[] Mario Party
[] Mario platformer ([] side-scroller / [] 3D)
[] Mario RPG ([] Paper / [] Mario & Luigi)
[] Mario Strikers
[] Mario Tennis
[] Pikmin
[] Pilotwings
[] Pokémon ([] RPG / [] Stadium / [] Snap)
[] Punch-Out!!
[] Sin & Punishment
[] Star Fox
[] StarTropics
[] Super Smash Bros.
[] The Legend of Zelda
[] Wario platfomer ([] side-scroller / [] 3D)
[] WarioWare
[] Wave Race
[] Wii U ([] Sports / [] Play / [] Fit / [] Music)
[] Yoshi platformer ([] side-scroller / [] 3D)

I hope I didn't miss anything important...

Edit:

Untitled-1.jpg

Tim-E

Nintendo over the last generation has been pretty good about holding games back until they're only a year or so off from release, so I'm not expecting a ton of stuff that we won't see for a while. I can see some Holiday 2013 titles being shown, but nothing beyond that.

I know Ubisoft will show something, but is EA confirmed for anything?

I am kinda glad that even if EA can't take advantage of the tablet controls for Madden, the classic controller is so similar to the Xbox360 and PS3, that at worst it will control as well as those versions. With hopefully improved visuals. CAN'T WAIT! I basically bought a PS3 this current gen for the sports games because as fun as WiiSports was, the real sports games didn't translate well at all to the Wii, especially to the Wiimote.

Have to disagree there mate. Tiger Woods and Pro Evo were a million miles better on the Wii, and I'm still bloody annoyed that EA Sports didn't 'borrow' the pointer control scheme for FIFA.

Does anyone know when the EA and Ubisoft presentations are (in UK time!) and where I can watch them please. Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm really looking forward to Nintendo's presentation now, Miiverse has the potential to be bloomin HUUUUGE. Add features that post Accomplishments on Facebook and Twitter and Nintendo will be onto a winner there.

But if he becomes the star of a new IP, he will no longer be "non-specific" and will be forced to change his name to "Specific Action Figure."

I'd be pretty amused if characters in Non-specific Action Game looked and moved like (as Smash Bros characters failed to do) action figures.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Shouldn't Nikkei or USA Today be leaking something soon?

I certainly hope not. The Diablo III news would have been huge for Sony if that ends up being true. The surprise is ruined.

I certainly hope not. The Diablo III news would have been huge for Sony if that ends up being true. The surprise is ruined.
I will still be sure as hell surprised if it turns out true; it's just so unexpected and unbelievable

Well, it seems my source may have misinterpreted the hints he was given by his industry contacts: for consoles, yes, but not for Wii U but PS3 instead? We should know by day's end!
you've heard something similar too?

I can imagine it. It's very much conceivable. I probably wouldn't be thrilled with such an announcement, but it's not like I don't already have both a PS3 and a gaming PC, and as such could play Diablo III whenever the hell I felt ready to.

Lyude77

Oh man, I just thought of a game I'd die for.

Yoshi's Touch and Go 2. A completely new game with way more options for the randomly generated areas. Full widescreen play across the GamePad with hi-res Yoshi art. The play area could only be on the touchscreen, so it'd probably have to be sold as a uShop only title.

Actually, I wonder if they have some touchscreen only games that may be sold on the uShop.

Great idea, I loved Yoshi's Touch & Go!

I really hope the PS3 exclusive Diablo rumor isn't real. I think it would work better on the Wii U, and (selfishly) the PS3 is the only console I'm not going to own, at least until it's <$100. Dang, it seems somewhat legitimate.

After seeing this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38486098&postcount=3025

That zombie thing has got to be something more than just a mock up for a cheesy ad, right? Even if it's not a game, it surely wasn't made just for this, right?
Kind of makes me think of Call of Duty's zombie mode, honestly.

Well, okay, the first shot makes me think of Left 4 Dead (the British guard guy looks like Zoey from that distance), but the others sure as hell don't.

Taker666

I figured I may as well posts these Nintendo Direct screencaps here as well. Not sure if this zombie thing is a game but there were certainly numerous zombies made for the demo.

TpUwv.jpg

vWlRd.jpg

0yHiT.jpg

5a9PF.jpg

IdO1k.jpg

omEqS.jpg

tjSR2.jpg

swonp.jpg

U2QPV.jpg

FrA2s.jpg

3QT5S.jpg

KEZvG.jpg

glRUj.jpg

KZRNR.jpg

uPOuB.jpg

It really does remind me of Killer Freaks to a degree (both FPS's, both set in London,both quite OTT). I don't suppose Ubi dumped the alien characters and replaced them with Zombies?

How the hell do you play Diablo with a Ps3 (or 360) controller?

Blizzard seems to think that it works quite well

“One of the reasons why we’re exploring the idea of a console version of Diablo 3 because we feel that the controls and the style of the game lend itself to a console. With some of our early experiments in putting a direct control scheme into the game via a 360-like analogue controller, I’ve been ‘Oh this feels even better, with direct control…’”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/21/b...oh-this-feels-even-better-with-direct-control

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I just cannot imagine PS3 excusivity. Just doesn't make sense.
I do not understand why it should come to PS3 alone; but it's pretty clear why it isn't on 360; Blizzard will definitely not use anything but their full-fledged B.Net implementation, and I suspect MS may not let them do that.

But still, I don't see why it should come to PS3, specially as an exclusive; I suppose with their auction house and also expansions, Blizzard definitely has long term plans for the game, definitely well into the next gen.

It would be like releasing DQX only on Wii [or any other current gen console]

That zombie thing has got to be something more than just a mock up for a cheesy ad, right? Even if it's not a game, it surely wasn't made just for this, right?
well, John Harker said the same thing too; but dunno if he was implicitly approving the list, or was just making a normal comment

Anth0ny

Use the left/right stick as a mouse and the A/X button as the click. Or they could modify how you move specifically for the controller.

oh my that sounds horrible

I would have given a Wii U version a chance. Heck, even Vita would have been a better fit. I'll just stick with my
glorious master race
PC version.

sheesh no thanks do not need more zombie games

why can't someone come up with a twist to this thing like you play as a Zombie and you have to survive your hunger for human brains so you go around town chasing citizens to eat, and they try to chop your head off

why can't someone come up with a twist to this thing like you play as a Zombie and you have to survive your hunger for human brains so you go around town chasing citizens to eat, and they try to chop your head off
Well, Left 4 Dead lets you play as zombies, sort of...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

Wideload Games already did that in Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse for PC and Xbox.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Woke up in a cold sweat, freezing and shaking and I feel kind of sick.

I BETTER NOT BE GETTING SICK DURING E3 WEEK. :(

Theres no way the Zombie game is real

It's weirdly quirky though. Zombie royal guards? I thought so too initially, but now I'm a little less convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom