• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who actively participated in these threads! I've just been a lurker over the past year but it's been an extremely enjoyable ride seeing how absolutely insane fellow Nintendo fanboys can get. If I fail this semester, I'll make sure to dedicate that shining "F" to all of you guys!~ I suppose it'll be a looooong time until something of this calibre occurs again.

It has been a honour. *salutes*

[Alternative: gogogo to romani ranch 'coz this town gonna BOOOOOMMMMBBBB]

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
My favorite plant moment was them clapping heartily for Sony changing the name of Playstation Suite to Playstation Mobile.
Lies. Those guys clapping were all a bunch of enthusiastic indies who were just glad they got rid of yet another suit.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So impressed that we got here with no major leaks. Amazing.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Please gents, don't do the dutiful Nintendo warrior routine.

Lack of analog triggers is a really dumb mistake.

As another said. "So close."
It is a dumb mistake, that's a given. But not for the reasons EC gave.

/a predominantly racing/lapsed fps player

evanmisha

Disregard time and space - aquire Wii U

ZtEm8.jpg

It's been fun, GAF. This thread made me late for work many, many times

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It is a dumb mistake, that's a given. But not for the reasons EC gave.

/a predominantly racing/lapsed fps player

So has it been confirmed that it's not analogue triggers?

burst

I don't know if the game is bad; I 'hope' it is like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziRD5dIezYM

some over the top zombie parody

But whether full fledged or budget, it's obviously a game

---
edit: but man, that footage looked as good [or bad to say precisely] as HoD on Wii, lol

An ubi guy has said that the game is realistic which bodes well for people like me hoping for a Dayz ARMA mod type open world game set in a city (except it will most probably be a linear game that generalyl bore me).

Bumhead

Banned
What happens to this thread after today, guys?

I guess speculation turns to all out hype and the waiting game?

I skipped the first thread but have been an avid follower if not always regular contributor since thread two. This has been the best thread - or series of threads - on GAF for the last several months and I can't believe how close we are to seeing some games for this thing.

WOOOOOOOOOO!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Guy in the Wii U Controller Pics thread in Gaming Discussion is adamant they're analog triggers, even saying he specifically asked someone and they confirmed.

test_account

XP-39C²
Speaking earlier about the violence in Metal Gear Solid Rising and the ending in The Last Of Us demo, did anyone else than me find the ZombiU demo to be more disturbing? Especially the pictures where the guy tries to save the woman, and the picture where the guy blows his brains out. I think it was the pictures + the music choice that made it disturbing for me.

Yeah, most announced multiplatform titles that aren't confirmed for Wii U tomorrow, either during the press conference itself or in the post-presser release list, probably aren't coming. Though I suppose a few titles could prove exceptions, particularly 2013 releases.
Indeed. From 3rd parties, i'm expecting to see FIFA or Madden, Black Ops 2, Assassins Creed 3 and/or Aliens Colonial Marines demoed at Nintendo's press conference.

Speaking earlier about the violence in Metal Gear Solid Rising and the ending in The Last Of Us demo, did anyone else than me find the ZombiU demo to be more disturbing? Especially the pictures where the guy tries to save the woman, and the picture where the guy blows his brains out. I think it was the pictures + the music choice that made it disturbing for me.

Indeed. From 3rd parties, i'm expecting to see FIFA or Madden, Black Ops 2, Assassins Creed 3 and/or Aliens Colonial Marines demoed at Nintendo's press conference.
I think we'll see a lot more; I am almost confident Castlevania will be demoed too, for example.

Man, sleeping is overrated. One year waiting for this moment....just don't sleep. XD
This.
Guy in the Wii U Controller Pics thread in Gaming Discussion is adamant they're analog triggers, even saying he specifically asked someone and they confirmed.
I hope so
maybe they have nothing to show dun dun dun
NO!!!

It's Christmas Day today!!

Who's pumped?
I definitely am; though being at work I have to suppress it :(

canvee

Man, sleeping is overrated. One year waiting for this moment....just don't sleep. XD

Well I also don't want to wait 5 hrs for the conference to start, so that's part of the reason :p. Anyway, I'm gonna try and take a quick nap now, hopefully I don't oversleep!!

In my dreams, they will demo Tekken and having the player in training mode on the Gamepad while he waits his turn to fight. Or vice versa, at the push of a button.

must...stay...sane...
I will KILL for another F-Zero

Fingers crossed. I really hope they bring it today.

Most of the keynotes so far have been so full of cut scenes where 25% of the dialogue had to be bleeped. Someone said it well in the Sony conference thread - games are becoming R rated movies. I don't want to play R rated movies, I want to play video games.

Come on, Nintendo, show me something I want to play. Show me something fun, colorful, action-packed and exciting.

Oh, and glossy black? Make that shit matte, please.

sinxtanx

I slept 3.5 hours last night (Sweden), because of Sony + work on Tuesday. I feel fine though, it's weird. But I'll probably drink more Energy drinks tonight, since E3 begins proper now. STREEEEEEAAAAAAMMMMMSSSS of Nintendo demos.

EDIT: body is so ready

With the only megaton of E3 so far dropped by Ubisoft, all eyes will be on Nintendo to drop the fucking bombs.

As much as I enjoyed watching Tomb Raider, Halo 4, Last of Us & Beyond, that was all stuff we'd known about.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The only way Nintendo can fail today is if the graphics are equal to or worse than 360/PS3. GAF will completely meltdown.

test_account

XP-39C²
I think we'll see a lot more; I am almost confident Castlevania will be demoed too, for example.
Castlevania is also a good/likely choice i think.

In my dreams, they will demo Tekken and having the player in training mode on the Gamepad while he waits his turn to fight. Or vice versa, at the push of a button.
Tekken is also a plausible choice i think. They did show it at last year's E3, but i'm not sure if it is a brand new game or a Tekken 6 or Tekken Tag Tournament 2 enhanced port?

The only way Nintendo can fail today is if the graphics are equal to or worse than 360/PS3. GAF will completely meltdown.

The only thing Nintendo needs to show to prevent that is one knockout, gorgeous game. I'm confident that Pikmin will meet that description, there will very likely be other games as well.

What has gone with the servers really; they were working properly last year, and last year attracted hell of people due to the Wii U announcement

The only thing Nintendo needs to show to prevent that is one knockout, gorgeous game. I'm confident that Pikmin will meet that description, there will very likely be other games as well.
I actually think Pikmin will be among the titles not looking good; mostly because it was a Wii game to begin with, and projects moving from one gen to next gen... well...

Mistle

I have a feeling some games (Zombi perhaps) won't look so great graphically. But fantastic graphics will be possible from devs who put the effort in.

Knowing the internet though, they'll focus on the worst possible example and claim Nintendo are doomed haha

Game-Biz

I'm hoping for equal. That's reasonable based on all the rumors we've been hearing. I don't think there's many people on GAF who expect to see Wii U games to look better in any meaningful way, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom