• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

japtor

OK, yeah, this is a big hint.

I don't want to know what it means, though.
Apparently Breaking Bad has a green and white logo.

I still think that guy was referring to the mystery green and white thing in the controller pic/dev kits though.

Izick

I'm not sure. It's just the expression of that duck I guess. It irritates me in an irrational way.

What is it from?

I think it's Donald Duck, I'm not sure. It just looked really dumb, so I used it. Now I'm definitely keeping it.

Most likely the same person who works at IGN that just tweeted that they're heading into the Breaking Bad boardroom after just seeing a Nintendo megaton or some such.

Couldn't it just be a coincidence?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Apparently Breaking Bad has a green and white logo.

I still think that guy was referring to the mystery green and white thing in the controller pic/dev kits though.

Oh my fuck, you're right.

New Retro game = Breaking Bad GTA style?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Ace must be a part of thirty-something Nintendo GAF because his memory is a bit fuzzy. Craig posted the Donkey Kong Retro rumor TWO days before Nintendo's E3 2010 conference. I should know, I created the thread for it. :p

I don't think he knows anything.
He was just saying he has a good gif for when they "drop the bomb".

Ace must be a part of thirty-something Nintendo GAF because his memory is a bit fuzzy. Craig posted the Donkey Kong Retro rumor TWO days before Nintendo's E3 2010 conference. I should know, I created the thread for it. :p

I'm getting there.
:p

GDGF

Soothsayer
It is green and white...

Drpyo.png

Pocks

25+ posts of absolutely nothing...

Although I suppose that's to be expected

Ninja Edit: Oh I see we have some speculation sprinkled on this age discussion now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There's a "Wii U is its own meth lab" joke in here somewhere but I'm not finding it.

Daschysta

Yeah, if Retro's game is not there, I will consider the conference a failure.

The conference will be great with or without retro's game. We KNOW that one is coming and would just have all the more to look forward to.

Not that I won't be pissed at the time that they didn't at least let us know what the game is.

I still think most of nintendo's first party games on the GCN/Wii are beautiful, just PS360+, with modern architecture to allow porting of next gen games is perfectly fine with me. We've seen the UE4 pics (even if they are lower res than native) and we've seen Samaritan. If Nintendo releases some beautiful games that come out way before those systems launch the difference isn't night and day enough for the average consumer to freak out about, unlike the Wii.

PS4/720 aren't going to be the leap that PS360 was over the previous gen just because of diminished returns. The time is ripe for Nintendo to succeed in the vision they had of the WII, a (comparitively) affordable system that is user friendly, and less powerful, but not so much so that they receive no ports.

If porting is easy, and affordable, with prices of development skyrocketing then Developers will actually have no choice but to throw ports to the WiiU, this would have been the same case last generation, but the architecture was so old/incompatible that games had to be made from the ground up, all but a few megastudios simply won't be able to justify NOT porting their ps4720 games if the architecture is in fact compatible with painless porting, as even a 20% share of total sales on the WiiU would easily cover the cost and help their bottom line.

Nintendo really could make this thing into the next "ps2", so long as they listened to what Developers were doing for the other machines and ensured that porting would be painless.

A system with the same Western games (for the most part), a ton of Japanese exclusives (likely, given the inroads they've made with many studio's in the homeland, and the lead they will have in launching next gen systems) and the most important and best selling exclusives in the Industry, their own software, has the potential to easily be the best selling console of the Generation, with the best library. Nintendo has only grown since the Gamecube days, and Iwata is showing unprecedented flexibility as a Nintendo executive, this gen will be very exciting for any Nintendofanatic!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, if Retro's game is not there, I will consider the conference a failure.

Unless it's Star Fox x Metroid, then the whole conference is a failure. Nintendo too.

Conor 419

Banned
(Updated List - Predicted Retro Studios Projects.)

Metroid Prime 4
Metroid Prime 3DS
Donkey Kong Country Returns 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS
Zelda
Sheik spinoff
Star Fox
F-Zero
New IP
Doctor Mario MMO
Eternal Darkness 2
Starfox x Metroid
Breaking Bad

Conor 419

Banned
Not understanding the universal hate towards this metroid x star fox thing. Sounds like a great idea.

I feel the same way, but literally. We're it, we're all that's in favour of the game.

I guess we're just the scrappy, new generation. The world is not ready for our ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom