• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Alright, so Sony's conference sounds disappointing is what I'm getting.

It has The Last of Us. That's all I really need to see.

I really hope their conference is Vita-focused though. I need some games after Gravity Rush to get excited about...

Edit: Sony had the best conference last year (IMO).

You guys watch all the conferences, right? I've never owned a Xbox, 360 or otherwise, but I enjoy watching their conferences, either for the lols or the cool shit they occasionally have.

BY2K

Membero Americo
You guys watch all the conferences, right? I've never owned a Xbox, 360 or otherwise, but I enjoy watching their conferences, either for the lols or the cool shit they occasionally have.

I watch every conference every year. I'm biased toward Nintendo, that's no secret, but I have a 360 and a PS3 too, so I keep track of everything.

EDIT: If they named the Facebook page Wii U, guess the name is final.

HylianTom

Banned
I work on Monday (not spending a vacation day on the others), but I'll most likely watch from work.

My hype is getting pretty goofy-high at this point, but it'll damped when I head in to work in a few hours. No more gaming for me until after E3.. finished my last pre-E3 game around 0630 this AM.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I usually watch all conferences and will do so this year. Though Konami's presentation I will probably skip. I'm very hyped for E3, especially because of the recent rumors of Sony partnering with Gaikai/OnLive. It will be nice to know what they've been up to, though I'm anticipating what Nintendo has in store more.

I watch every conference every year. I'm biased toward Nintendo, that's no secret, but I have a 360 and a PS3 too, so I keep track of everything.

Same with me I love Nintendo but I have the other consoles as well so I give 'em a watch.

Yeah...That's a good point. Kinda sucks though because I think it's a pretty bad name and will confuse the more casual gamers.

Yeah, even when the consoles might not be of my interest right now, everyone of the big 3 is a must-watch at E3 for me.
It also helps to find the best stream for Nintendo later...

HylianTom

Banned
Downgraded to community forums? am sad.

or is it upgraded?
I'm wondering if it's an upgrade. Trolls won't make the effort to cross over here to bait us, and I find that rather lovely. I'm sure some see these as a containment unit for us crazies, but I see it as respite. That, and I no longer feel that twinge of guilt when posting something off-topic.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Same on both points. The Last of Us / Vita announcements will save it.

I'm also still holding out hope for The Last Guardian. :/

A surprise showing of it might even give Nintendo a run for it's money this year in my eyes.

I've been watching everyone since 2007. Microsoft would consistent have the best (besides Wii full unveiling and 2010) but lately they have sucked pretty bad.

Yep, but we pretty much already knew that though.

Hiltz

I generally only watch the big three conferences. I have rarely bothered to tune into Ubisoft, EA, Activision, and Konami's conferences despite featuring some of the most infamous E3 moments around.

zroid

Banned
Disappointed by lack of speculation over "the vault" on their facebook page.

575111_341726235895256_1021070586_n.jpg

Also, I'm amused at how Nintendo seems to be embracing the Reggie memes. Looking squarely at the #Regginator hashtag watermarked in the facebook video.

Heropon

The first conference I've seen live was Microsoft 2010. I don't even have a 360, but that E3 I was particularly excited (3DS) and I wanted to see even the competition. Since then I've seen all the big three hardware companies conferences.

In hindsight, it was an interesting conference to see for the first time (Kinect and bribes).

Aguila

#ICONIC

Also, I'm amused at how Nintendo seems to be embracing the Reggie memes. Looking squarely at the #Regginator hashtag watermarked in the facebook video.

Why does it have circle pads at each corner????

Can't wait to enjoy some Best Brand Soda during Sony's E3 conference.

bestbrandsodahd7mj.png
Meh, I only drink World's Greatest Brand Soda. It's the greatest in the world so that makes it better than some mere best soda.

Yeah, not exactly like the Seinfeld skit but close enough I couldn't say no.

I generally only watch the big three conferences. I have rarely bothered to tune into Ubisoft, EA, Activision, and Konami's conferences despite featuring some of the most infamous E3 moments around.

Same, I only own a Wii as consoles go but good to see what the other 2 are up to. As for the others, if it was huge it would be at one of the Big 3 conferences or I can read about it a little later on neogaf. I don't care for the WTF'erry so no loss for me.

Neiteio

i don't mean to tease anything. the only things i've heard relate to sony and their booth.
So, Sony going to have a cool show this year? Will we finally see David Cage's new game? And I'm guessing The Last of Us will get a proper showing?

I wonder if anything out of Sony will ever top the sheer awesome of the Uncharted 2 trailer from E3 2009.

Oh, and if you view the Facebook page on your 3DS browser, I suspect Reggie's **** will fly out and poke your eye in glasses-less 3D!

BY2K

Membero Americo

575111_341726235895256_1021070586_n.jpg

Are these circles pads in the corners?

BlackJace

Damn it! I was really hoping they would change the name or at least the logo. Such a horrible idea :/

Keeping the same name hasn't hindered Apple from what I've seen. The only things that the name will will affect is the mindsets of those who felt the "Wii burned" them, and the low- information crowd. The latter can be fixed with Nintendo's superb marketing dept. The former well...that's up to them.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I expect advertisements for Wii U to basically say "THIS IS A NEW SYSTEM, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY THIS ANY OTHER WAY BUT THIS WON'T WORK WITH WII".

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I wish they would make a "my body is ready" reference. That meme is absolutely huge, transcending video games. People who don't even know who Reggie is use that on message boards and Twitter.

Regginator is really the only reference to memes Nintendo makes. They made another reference at E3 2008, and they have used that hashtag before.

BlackJace

I wish they would make a "my body is ready" reference. That meme is absolutely huge, transcending video games. People who don't even know who Reggie is use that on message boards and Twitter.

Regginator is really the only reference to memes Nintendo makes. They made another reference at E3 2008, and they have used that hashtag before.

It's almost haunting. I've seen and heard JB fangirls using the meme. Powerful stuff.

Neiteio

That it is a horrible idea has yet to be seen. Let's wait until we get some sales figures.
Exactly. People crying foul on the name WiiU probably cried foul on the name Wii, yet contrary to their expectations that the Wii would bomb because people would associate it with juvenile jokes, it took off like a cultural phenomenon, and sold tens of millions. (I admit, I was -shocked- by the name Wii at first, but quickly realized it was far more iconic than something like "Nintendo Revolution.") Let's give the name WiiU a chance... I just hope the official spelling is with the "Wii" and the "U" scrunched together, with no space in between. That's how I'll write it no matter what!

I'm fine with Wii U. I get the complaints, though. People want something that feels new, a complete break from the Wii branding would go a long way in doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom