• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww, poor' 'lil Smiles and Cries! Don't have any nightmares, look! Kirby is so sorry that he's going to turn into a beautiful rose for you!

4522008012_a168f8214e.jpg

trolls... they don't make them like they use to

what the hell? where did the ignore feature go? :(

I want my good feelings back - where we talking about no 3DS for E3?

this would be a good time for 3DS Lite or no?

HylianTom

Banned
what the hell? where did the ignore feature go? :(

I want my good feelings back - where we talking about no 3DS for E3?

this would be a good time for 3DS Lite or no?

Nah. Not yet. Don't want to steal stage time or attention from the U - Nintendo needs to devote as much time as possible to this console launch as possible, I think.

A DS revision might be a great idea for next year, when MS and Sony are having their own new console blowouts. With a new handheld, a new 3D console Mario extravaganza, a few more first-party heavyweights, and some third-party titles, they could still have a respectable E3 2013 (even if it really will be a "MS vs. Sony" E3 that year, with Nintendo being an also-ran).

I take that we have no new rumors and speculation lately.
Pretty much. We're killing time here. It's what people do in a Community thread. :)

Nah. Not yet. Don't want to steal stage time or attention from the U - Nintendo needs to devote as much time as possible to this console launch as possible, I think.

A DS revision might be a great idea for next year, when MS and Sony are having their own new console blowouts. With a new handheld, a new 3D console Mario extravaganza, a few more first-party heavyweights, and some third-party titles, they could still have a respectable E3 2013 (even if it really will be a "MS vs. Sony" E3 that year, with Nintendo being an also-ran).

Pretty much. We're killing time here. It's what people do in a Community thread. :)

Nintendo should be complete dicks and wait for the Vita to pick up a little, then release the new 3DS.

so by all means 3DS will not be ignored maybe they will focus on 3DS x WiiU communications that would be a neat thing to focus on

Smash Bros would be very early to show off though

maybe other 3DS+WiiU games

HylianTom

Banned
anonymous gaffer/friend: "if the wii u launch is too good i'm not buying it until later."

I'm wondering if we're going to see another clear split come E3 Week:

Nintendo fans: "THIS WEEK ROCKS! I love it! This is going to be SOOO GOOOOD!"
Gaming media: "Meh. Not too bad. For now. Not that big a jump. The controller is so-so. And just wait until the others launch."

Just so you know.. MST3K pretty much defined my high school years. I get warm fuzzy feelings whenever I see allusions to it.

I'm wondering if we're going to see another clear split come E3 Week:

Nintendo fans: "THIS WEEK ROCKS! I love it! This is going to be SOOO GOOOOD!"
Gaming media: "Meh. Not too bad. For now. Not that big a jump. The controller is so-so. And just wait until the others launch."

It's weird, I'm actually expecting a positive response all around. I imagine the media is going to be behind Nintendo strong up until the competition reveals their systems, then we'll see the split. I dunno, that's just what I'm feeling. We'll see what happens.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
saw I made a mistake on where it was located and edited out my post.

abasm

A year is a long time to wait, and Nintendo can cover a lot of ground in that time. If they play their cards right, they could get out a must-have for everyone remotely interested in the system in a year's time. It's easier to dismiss the 3DS, a portable with supposed competition from the smartphone market, than it is to dismiss a new console that will have the playing field all to itself for a year.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm having the clear impression that the people most excited about this E3 are people that care about Nintendo. A lot of people aren't excited at all by E3 this year, I noticed.

HylianTom

Banned
It's weird, I'm actually expecting a positive response all around. I imagine the media is going to be behind Nintendo strong up until the competition reveals their systems, then we'll see the split. I dunno, that's just what I'm feeling. We'll see what happens.

I guess watching them shit upon the Wii over the past six years has made imagining overly positive Nintendo coverage a bit difficult for me. But it'd be excellent if your theory is correct.

I guess if there were any chance to turn this media thing around, that chance is fast approaching!

I'm having the clear impression that the people most excited about this E3 are people that care about Nintendo. A lot of people aren't excited at all by E3 this year, I noticed.
Honestly if it weren't Nintendo and was Microsoft whose console I probably won't get regardless of anything, I'd still be hyped. New generation console reveals/launches are amaaaaazing.

Just so you know.. MST3K pretty much defined my high school years. I get warm fuzzy feelings whenever I see allusions to it.

Cheers! Glad to hear it. I used to watch MST3K all the time on YouTube (episides not available on DVD) on my Wii Opera browser until they stopped updating it, now it can't keep up with the site and all videos crash after about 5-10 min. I really hope the rumour of a Wii U dedicated YouTube app is true (and better yet, that it will stream to the controller).

Gravijah

i care about nintendo, but i expect this e3 to just be a bunch of third party multiplatform shit. games i can already play on multiple other systems aren't exciting.

here's hoping for good first party output and maybe some damn third party exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom