• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyaw

MuseManMike said:
Does anyone know the name of the song used in that trailer?

Yeah i want to know the name of the composer too.

Also can anyone get a screengrab of the IGN trailer hidden message? My reflexes and the button lag isnt too good.

Where is the third trailer???
I've tried Gamespot, Gameinformer, RPS, Destructoid and Kotaku.

Exuro

Sn4ke_911 said:
I think it's a mix of tracks from the OST.
I was referring to the trailer title, not songs :p It's either 'Love & Blood' or 'Disdain and Fear'.

IGN trailer is called Love and Blood

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My hype was already through the roof, and this launch trailer just sent it soaring higher. Man, I seriously cannot wait for this.

abunai

One exam left, The Witcher 2 releases the day after that exam. Hype rising, these videos giving me cause to go hide. See you all Tuesday! (or not)

Kyaw

JoeBoy101 said:
WHAT THE FUCK?!? You can deflect arrows back at archers?!?!

AWESOME!

I know RIGHT? :D
So awesome!

So i guess that's the last trailer? o_O

The IGN one was probably 'Disdain and Fear'.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
CDP doesn't fuck around. Deflecting arrows is seriously awesome. One thing I always hate fighting bow wielders is having to deflect over and over, and move closer, or take the hits and charge. Being able to deflect is fucking amazing.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
The music from the hope trailer is I believe Nocturne in Fm, Op 55 No 1 - Frederic Francois Chopin

Exuro

Kyaw said:
I know RIGHT? :D
So awesome!

So i guess that's the last trailer? o_O

The IGN one was probably 'Disdain and Fear'.
It's love and blood. It has the same hidden message but the title is obviously different. Fear and Disdain is the last one we need to find.

Kyaw

Corky said:
The music from the hope trailer is I believe Nocturne in Fm, Op 55 No 1 - Frederic Francois Chopin

Thank you sir! You know your music. :)

Exuro said:
It's love and blood. It has the same hidden message but the title is obviously different. Fear and Disdain is the last one we need to find.

Ah right, thanks!

MollyMillions

Neo Member
Corky said:
Was about to post this. It is Chopin's Nocturne in F minor, Op. 55, No. 1. Very beautiful piece. In case people didn't know, Chopin is Poland's most famous classical composer, so they're keeping it close to home. This piece wasn't written until the 19th century though, so slightly out of date for the medieval pastiche the Witcher is going for, but still very pretty.

thetrin said:
CDP doesn't fuck around. Deflecting arrows is seriously awesome. One thing I always hate fighting bow wielders is having to deflect over and over, and move closer, or take the hits and charge. Being able to deflect is fucking amazing.
Takes 2 skill upgrade points to do it though. One to deflect. A second to send them back.

JoeBoy101

Exuro said:

OOoooh, so 'How To Kill A Witcher' not the last one. Back to looking.

Jay Shadow said:
Takes 2 skill upgrade points to do it though. One to deflect. A second to send them back.

Worth every goddamn point, IMHO. Goddam archers.

thetrin

Jay Shadow said:
Usually it's zero points, because the skill doesn't exist.

MollyMillions

Neo Member
Kyaw said:
What are you guys talking about? D:
You can deflect arrows, right?

I do get the Jedi reference.

According to screens of the swordsmanship tree, you can. Haven't seen a screenshot of a skill description that redirects them towards enemies, but isn't that what Geralt does in this new trailer? I assume that means it's either its own skill or folded into the deflection skill.

Luthos

Man, those GameTrailers and IGN trailers were amazing. The music in them was incredible.

Also, any new news on whether or not Steam will be getting an preload?

Exuro

Luthos said:
Man, those GameTrailers and IGN trailers were amazing. The music in them was incredible.

Also, any new news on whether or not Steam will be getting an upgrade?
Steam getting an upgrade?

New image, not up yet on Steam it looks.

Witcher2promo.PNG

MollyMillions said:
According to screens of the swordsmanship tree, you can. Haven't seen a screenshot of a skill description that redirects them towards enemies, but isn't that what Geralt does in this new trailer? I assume that means it's either its own skill or folded into the deflection skill.
Every skill has 2 upgrades. The Arrow Redirection skill's second upgrade is to send the arrows back to the attacker.

Steam posted the Manual yesterday if you wanna see all the skill upgrades
http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/20920/The Witcher 2 Manual - English.pdf?t=1305141546

edit: I should clarify that it's in the general Training tree, not one of the 3 specialties. You have to spend 6 points in training first before you can specialize.

Kyaw

Jay Shadow said:
Every skill has 2 upgrades. The Arrow Redirection skill's second upgrade is to send the arrows back to the attacker.

Steam posted the Manual yesterday if you wanna see all the skill upgrades
http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/20920/The Witcher 2 Manual - English.pdf?t=1305141546

edit: I should clarify that it's in the general Training tree, not one of the 3 specialties. You have to spend 6 points in training first before you can specialize.

So we should be able to redirect arrows. Awesome!

Also anyone found the last video yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom