• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolveTom

Kyaw said:
So we should be able to redirect arrows. Awesome!

Also anyone found the last video yet?
Not out yet :). Hopefully soon, but we can't exactly control when people post stuff. We just provide the video :)

Kyaw

EvolveTom said:
Not out yet :). Hopefully soon, but we can't exactly control when people post stuff. We just provide the video :)

Ohh, are you a member of staff from CDPR? :eek:

Volcynika said:
He's part of their PR or something, I think.

Ah right, i must have missed some posts earlier.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Someone needs to make a new thread or update the title to reflect the onslaught of media awesome. More people must preorder and join the horde!

Complistic

EvolveTom said:

I don't suppose you could clarify on if Steam is getting a preload or not?

I'm starting to get doubtful despite that q&a

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I love how cinematic this game is. That's also one of the reasons why MGS is my favorite series of all time. I like that epic stuff.

Hawk269

Damn does this game look amazing. Anyone know or heard of what rid they are using to capture these videos from? Am just wondering how good the game is optimized and how it scales. I have a killer rig, but even saying that some games are not optimized all that great. I am going to assume it is since they (developers) are pouring their heart into the game.

DieH@rd

Banned
Game looks awesome, except for the facial animation. LA NOIRE spoiled me.

But im sure Witcher 3 will get some kind of simmilar tech for that. :)

antonz

Hawk269 said:
Damn does this game look amazing. Anyone know or heard of what rid they are using to capture these videos from? Am just wondering how good the game is optimized and how it scales. I have a killer rig, but even saying that some games are not optimized all that great. I am going to assume it is since they (developers) are pouring their heart into the game.
Yeah I think its safe to say they are going for extreme optimization especially since they hope to do console releases eventually.

They should try and get a Cafe DevKit since it will seemingly be more powerful then the HD Twins of this gen. Killer Game for Nintend having Witcher 2 lol

The how to kill a witcher trailer was funny.

Looks really good, but not quite the generational leap in graphics that some of the earlier screenshots and footage suggested.

Don't get me wrong, if the scale of the environments is as big as in tw1 it still makes every other game look like shit in comparison, but the first forest screenshots made it look like something insane.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Lyphen said:
I hate being conflicted about SecuROM, and not getting it on Steam. My fickleness is stupid.

Would you please shed some light on this for me? I've heard it many times before, but I'm not quite sure what it is all about. What's so bad about this?

Oh man, the launch trailer really pumped me up! I need to finish the downloading before Monday night! Easily my most anticipated title of the year. :-D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
zlatko said:
Super impressed by the trailers for this game. I smell a big game of the year contender here.
Sadly, I'm sure the game will get totally robbed.

FUCK YEAH, MY COLLECTORS EDITION HAS BEEN SEND!

Too bad I have all this animation and movie projects till the first of june.
But oh boy, will June 2 be epic!

WOW, so many awesome trailers.
Dont do this to me, I need to woooooork! :(

Blizzard

Banned
Lyphen said:
I hate being conflicted about SecuROM, and not getting it on Steam. My fickleness is stupid.
I'm going to order from GoG so the developer gets support, I get no DRM, and the only person who loses is me for not instantly getting Steam preorder TF2 items. ;_; Well, and achievements, but that doesn't bother me too much.

The music in the last half of the launch trailer...I -really- like. If there's a bit of that sort of thing in game that would be lovely.

Gritesh

I have to ask, at the risk of sounding repetitive because I am sure that someone else has already asked this:

Is it worth playing the first one at this point in time?

Minsc

Gold Member
Gritesh said:
I have to ask, at the risk of sounding repetitive because I am sure that someone else has already asked this:

Is it worth playing the first one at this point in time?

This is probably the worst time to start a 60 hour RPG greatly inferior technically and otherwise inferior in nearly every way if you're looking forward to playing The Witcher 2, but the first game has an incredible pay-off and is a great atmospheric RPG if you don't mind the awkward systems it employs.

I'm curious how much NC Wyeth inspired the art direction in this game. I keep looking at screens, especially of the environments, and it just makes me wonder.

N.+C.+Wyeth+6.jpg

1929922013_3f6b5e33dc.jpg

Does anyone else see it?

Gritesh

Minsc said:
This is probably the worst time to start a 60 hour RPG greatly inferior technically and otherwise inferior in nearly every way if you're looking forward to playing The Witcher 2, but the first game has an incredible pay-off and is a great atmospheric RPG if you don't mind the awkward systems it employs.

I expected that, however I can't wait until Tuesday to dive into The Witcher 2 and for 20 dollars I cant really complain for some entertainment for the weekend :)

Vasili2K38

I've just seen the last 3 trailers.. what to say, my hype meter has already broken. So the official time for the unlock of the GoG version is Monday 16, 10:00 PM GMT, right? That's in my country (Spain, GMT+2) around the 24:00. Can't wait!

Kyaw

Vasilisk said:
Just seen the last 3 trailers.. what to say, my hype meter has already broken. So the official time for the unlock of the GoG version is Monday 16, 10:00 PM GMT, right? That's in my country (Spain, GMT+2) around the 24:00. Can't wait!

7:00 AM GMT on 17th unfortunately. :(

When can I download The Witcher 2?

You will be able to predownload the game after you purchase it. You'll get almost the entire game and, on May 17 at 07:00 AM GMT, you will only need to download a tiny chunk of the installer and you're good to go.
Of course you'll be able to redownload the game as many times as you like, should the need arise.

source

bengraven

Minsc said:
Don't gloat too much, that GPU is below the recommended specs (CPU at 2.5GHz is also a little borderline). Probably no chance of high mode graphics :(

Wasn't gloating. :( Just happy to be able to play with a decent framerate. I haven't had an issue with any game to date, including Crysis 2, though yes I have to turn down graphics options. Rarely have to go so far as medium, but we'll find out. :(

Minsc said:
World of Witcher 2 Trailer

Hope Trailer

Launch Trailer

How to Kill a Witcher Trailer

1 more still?

Someone on top of it better than me needs to just put it all in a single post! :)

HOLY FUCK, I stop F5ing this topic for a few hours and this...

syoaran

Game just looks great. Hope was a great trailer, but if it was mashed together with the launch trailer the company would have a media hit on their hands.

Still, this is day1. I'm about to (shamefully) complete my first clear of the Witcher1, so I'm very stoked for this. 3 more days right?

MollyMillions

Neo Member
So, looking over the manual, most of the skills in the swordsmanship tree are passive modifiers. I assume this means that the attack chain Geralt starts off with is the only one he has throughout the game and no additional "moves" are unlocked (aside from Riposte and the Group finisher ability). I hope that the full 4-5 move chain is more flowing and substantial than what we have seen, as the dance-like mo-capped animations were a highlight of the combat in the first game and made Geralt's fighting seem very distinctive, and all I've seen so far in the combat videos for Witcher 2 are one or two strikes, roll, use a sign, etc. as we've talked about before in the last thread.

Exuro

~Kinggi~ said:
Whats this 'other' trailer we are waiting for? How could there possibly be more?
It says in both the 'hope' and 'love and blood' trailer that there is another called disdain and fear. EvolveTom who works for CDPR in some way has said that the trailer hasn't been released.

Fucking lol
Saw all the trailers.

The How to kill a witcher is awesome, so funny and well done :lol
The World of the Witcher were they tell the story is a great build up for the game.
The Launch trailer is holy amazing
And the hope trailer is the best of all, goosebumps material right there.

And theres one more? holy moly!

Wallach

I'm going to be disappointed if they've gone through the trouble to model & texture all the female bits but we don't even get a glimpse of Geralt's manhood.

dwebo

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I'm curious how much NC Wyeth inspired the art direction in this game. I keep looking at screens, especially of the environments, and it just makes me wonder.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_E_o_0Bdm4GA/SmFtBOeUQzI/AAAAAAAAXQg/NM7alXpE_k4/s400/N.+C.+Wyeth+6.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2086/1929922013_3f6b5e33dc.jpg[IMG]

Does anyone else see it?[/QUOTE]
I was going to ask which one is which, but then you went and left the filename on the first one. So yeah, guess I see it. Nice find!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I did a little research and found a few reviews. Don't know if this has been posted yet. Sorry i don't have the links. This information is from a german Witcher fan forum.

Reviews:

CD - Action

+ well thought, mature story
+ nonlinearity - story branching points can be counted in tens
+ great, humorous dialogues
+ dynamic combat
+ perfect audio-visuals
+ will last for a long time

- stealth sequences
- (slightly dissapointing) ending

Score: 9.5

PC Action

+ Charismatic, totally cool hero
+ decisions have a major impact on story and gameplay
+ Brilliant graphics, dense atmosphere
+ Prima drawn characters

- Story is weaker towards the end
- 3 Act to short and poor in Quests
- combat control sometimes inaccurate "

Score: Sehr gut (very good)

Pelite Magazine

Sexist, humoristic, atmospheric, brutal game which redeems all the expectations I had about it. Excelllent fantasy journey, that keeps the dream of this year of being the best roleplaying year ever alive"

Score: 93%

Jeuxvideo magazine

conclusion = The Witcher 2 keeps it's promises and even more. The rpg that's cd project give to us is simply hallucinating. The devs give us an intelligent rpg, adult, beautiful and damn immersive. TW2 is higher than the first, and I even could say that it's the best rpg i have ever played.

Score: 19/20

Complistic

Wallach said:
I'm going to be disappointed if they've gone through the trouble to model & texture all the female bits but we don't even get a glimpse of Geralt's manhood.

I could definitely go without seeing Geralt's junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom