• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 - new incredible screens [Update: Added A Lot More In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo

Just finished The Witcher, really pumped for this one.

God damn that scar is freaky. Chicks must love gaping facial wounds.

If Liam Neeson doesn't star in a Witcher movie, I will die a sad, sad man.

newfaceen.png

ogpjO.jpg

DaBuddaDa

subversus said:
Sales show that The Witcher franchise is still very niche in NA despite all hype.
As much as I wish for CD Projekt's success, I hope it stays niche in NA. I don't want the tastes of the NA masses to affect how they develop their games. Let them sell millions in eastern europe and a little bit here, that's OK.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
DaBuddaDa said:
As much as I wish for CD Projekt's success, I hope it stays niche in NA. I don't want the tastes of the NA masses to affect how they develop their games. Let them sell millions in eastern europe and a little bit here, that's OK.

fair enough.

bengraven

I'm assuming they are waiting for Witcher 2's sale numbers in the US before they release the rest of the books.

DaBuddaDa said:

Witcher 3: now darker, grittier and sexier than ever.
Enjoy next generation graphics on your ps3 and xbox360.
Play with your friends in a competitive online mode where everyone can be a special snowflake winner.
HOORAH.

Now with exlusive gamestop preorder bonus.
59.99$ MSRP.

You know you want it.

DaBuddaDa

But seriously, if you like to call yourself a real PC Gamer, you have to support this project, because they are of a dying breed. You can count on one hand how many other games do all the following:

*PC exclusive
*Open world
*Pushes graphical limits
*$50 launch price
*DRM free
*Multitude of DD options for purchasing
*Actual mature storyline
*Pre-order bonuses that are numerous as well as actual bonuses

DaBuddaDa said:
But seriously, if you like to call yourself a real PC Gamer, you have to support this project, because they are of a dying breed. You can count on one hand how many other games do all the following:

*PC exclusive
*Open world
*Pushes graphical limits
*$50 launch price
*DRM free
*Actual mature storyline

You actually just reminded me to preorder, thanks!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, do we have any explanation as to why The Witcher 2 mysteriously vanished from the Australian Steam store? Or should I expect another needless RCing?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
EatChildren said:
So, do we have any explanation as to why The Witcher 2 mysteriously vanished from the Australian Steam store? Or should I expect another needless RCing?

gog.com - DRM-free preorder.

My laptop probably can't even run this reasonably, but I am going to preorder at full price, just to support the devs, and when next I have a good PC, I will play it.

Salaadin

Decay24 said:
This.

I just finished Blood of Elves.

Didnt start Blood of Elves yet but I loved The Last Wish. I wish theyd bring them all over sooner :(
Ill be 90 by the time all the books are translated.

Decay24

Neo Member
Salaadin said:
Didnt start Blood of Elves yet but I loved The Last Wish. I wish theyd bring them all over sooner :(
Ill be 90 by the time all the books are translated.

I pulling a Johngpr on finishing the game a second time :p

Kyaw

DaBuddaDa said:

*PC exclusive
*Open world
*Pushes graphical limits
*$50 launch price
*DRM free
*Actual mature storyline
*Pre-order bonuses that are numerous as well as actual bonuses

Already preordered from GoG.com!

Is it just me or is GoG's website design just absolutely sexy?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I preordered at D2D simply because it was $36 there. I'm gonna double dip at GoG when I get the money, though.

Kyaw said:
Already preordered from GoG.com!

Is it just me or is GoG's website design just absolutely sexy?

It's very classy, especially the game shelf.

Kyaw

Of course at that resolution, textures aren't going to look as good as they do at 1080p. But in motion, it shouldn't look too bad.

Holy mother of fuck the new screens and the sex scene.

Its funny that apart form Poland and the surrounding countries, Spain is one of the only countries to have all the novels already translated (and with and incredible translations and the best cover art for the books), but the game has the worst quality of probably the majority of language versions.

Too bad the amazing translation of the books was not used for the game, and that the spanish dub was horrible (and I like when the dubs are well done, like in Arkaham Asylum). Now we are going to get it only in english (I played the original like that, so I dont mind) but I suppose we will get the same not amazing tranlation. I would love if the book translator did the game tranlation here :(

Salaadin

This game is really looking great. I cant wait to play it.

I wonder why the books take so long to get translated. Next one was slated for April this year but has apparently been pushed back to NEXT year. Theres what? 9 books total (5 novels, 4 short story) and we only have 2...with the third so far away. It feels like theyll never come out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom