• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 much further in development than Cyberpunk, unveil first half of 2013

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hopefully CDP keeps to what is making them great. Hardcore focus with AAA production values. I could easily see them going the way of every other company and dumbing shit down to appeal to mainstream after they get a hunger for more MONIES

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There is a 360 version of that game out.

I haven't played it, but it's supposed to be quite competent as well.

360_lighting2qzrwb.png

360_newart1i2rlq.png

Didn't they make Witcher 2 with only 15 million dollars or so? I mean, its not nothing, but imagine what they'll do with all their recent success. I'm looking forward to it, and while I'd like it to come out this year, it would be way better off as a next-gen title. So I'm going to mark it down for 2014 and CyberPunk for 2015.

They need to do what they did with Witcher 2 and just do MORE. More quests, more items, more characters to interact with outside the main plot.

Haunted

Sorry for bumping but I watched an interview with the CEO of CDPR and he confirmed that The Witcher 3 (he didn't say Witcher 3 but the second project) is much further along in development than Cyberpunk 2077 and will be announced in the first half of this year. Interview is couple of weeks old but I don't think it was already posted here and some of you were curious which RPG will be released first.

http://www.tvncnbc.pl/centrum-wynikow,288382.html
zm6Kr.gif

Trickster

Well fuck...

Don't get me wrong, I wanna play witcher 3. But I'd much rather play the cyperpunk game. That genre is so much more interesting to me than fantasy could ever be.

Portugeezer

Well fuck...

Don't get me wrong, I wanna play witcher 3. But I'd much rather play the cyperpunk game. That genre is so much more interesting to me than fantasy could ever be.

Agreed, but then again I am not too surprised it would come out after.

I still haven't played The Witcher games. I also bit on The Witcher 2 during the Steam Sale but I don't like the idea of playing it with a mouse and keyboard.

I still haven't played The Witcher games. I also bit on The Witcher 2 during the Steam Sale but I don't like the idea of playing it with a mouse and keyboard.

It plays great with an Xbox 360 pad. The only issue are that the menus, which were designed around mouse and keyboard but thy are more than manageable. I've used both. It just depends on where I want to play, livingroom or at my desk.

Tesseract

Banned
maybe i asked this before so forgive me: is the witcher playable with a controller? i don't mind setting up xpadder or whatever if i have to.

*edit* ah forget it, my backlog is growing too large. i'll just wait for cyberpunk.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I expected as much. It felt like Witcher 2 was shorter than 1, and I don't think they need to rebuild their game engine. Enhance it sure, but no reason to toss it and replace it entirely. With some improvements it should look better than any next gen console.

Hook it straight into my veins. MY BODY IS READY!

Witcher 3 can't come soon enough. Hopefully, CDPR will take the criticisms of the 2nd game and improve on it. I don't even care if it has the same graphics as W2 as long as they tell another Geralt of Rivia adventure. Leave the same enemies as the sequel and add an equal amount of new ones. And for the love of god, go back to the interface of the 1st game on pc.

Other than that, I'm really to plough some Witches!

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Sorry for bumping but I watched an interview with the CEO of CDPR and he confirmed that The Witcher 3 (he didn't say Witcher 3 but the second project) is much further along in development than Cyberpunk 2077 and will be announced in the first half of this year. Interview is couple of weeks old but I don't think it was already posted here and some of you were curious which RPG will be released first.

http://www.tvncnbc.pl/centrum-wynikow,288382.html

ioao1v11fvr9diikyh.gif

I just started playing Witcher 2 again! Great news! I do hope we get at least a screenshot of Cyberpunk this year though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Really hoping to see how Witcher 3 uses your gameplay decisions from Witcher 2, given the different 2nd halves.

Vasili2K38

:Quotes avatar: :D :D :D

In CDProjekt we trust. I can't wait for the reveal, and I'm really curious about what plot premises/setting we'll have in The Witcher 3.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I felt Witcher 1 -> Witcher 2 had a pretty minimal impact, so I'd be surprised if there's that much.

Sure, the lazy route would be choosing a particular path as the canon one, but there's a real opportunity to do something a bit different for once.

I felt Witcher 1 -> Witcher 2 had a pretty minimal impact, so I'd be surprised if there's that much.

Yeah. I figure a couple of characters may pop up for a cameo if they survived your game, but nothing major. The ending of part two seemed to set up Geralt going to a part of the world we haven't seen yet in the games, so should be pretty easy to get around the previous games decisions.

Sure, the lazy route would be choosing a particular path as the canon one, but there's a real opportunity to do something a bit different for once.

The only thing they forced from the first game was Triss, right? That was the correct choice to begin with, so no big deal there.

Raven77

This thread is going to seem awfully foolish if it turns out to NOT be the Witcher 3...

Hope it is though.

This thread is going to seem awfully foolish if it turns out to NOT be the Witcher 3...

Hope it is though.

They've made it completely clear it's Witcher 3 for a long time now. And they added to the ending of part two with the Enhanced Edition to spell out where the sequel was going more.

Still not confirmed dawg.

Of course. But, they haven't bothered being sneaky about it either. Searching for the interview I'm thinking of to see how exactly they worded it.

EDIT: Not the interview I was looking for, but back in May they were hiring for an "RPG in a brand new setting" (Cyberpunk) and an "RPG in a dark fantasy world".

Then they posted a blog with the following info:

"Our mature dark-fantasy world is well known around the world, though if you can't stomach dwarves, elves or sorceresses who put their ample charms on display in Playboy magazine, we've got also something special that might be right up your alley!"

For the few who don't know, Triss was in Playboy.

Source.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d2/DragonAgeThreeInquisition.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/witcher375rrc.jpg

Eurogamer said:
Will this new IP be a science-fiction game?

"I cannot say right now," deflected Badowski. "It will be a mature RPG and story-driven game. I cannot say in what universe - maybe high fantasy, maybe not."

What's the other AAA+ game being made by The Witcher team, then?

It has to be The Witcher 3 - please can you put us out of our misery and confirm it, we asked?

"Frankly speaking, not yet," Platkow-Gilewski replied. "Give us some time; I'm sure we will announce it pretty fast in the following months, but we want to do everything in the proper order. And right now we are focused on polishing and bringing the Enhanced Edition to Xbox 360 and PC."

"Especially as on Xbox 360 we don't have the first instalment of The Witcher. So we want to slowly enter the market, educate our gamers/customers - we don't want to [talk] too much about our future projects for now."

"There are rumours that The Witcher is a saga..." Badowski teased, and confirmed that both of the "AAA+" projects "are in pre-production stage". We weren't allowed to know which would be released first, in 2014.
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...are-simultaneous-pc-next-gen-console-releases

ST said:
Indeed, Zawada refuses to formally acknowledge the existence of The Witcher 3. But he will say that he’s currently hard at work on a “dark fantasy game” – and it’s definitely not CD Projekt RED’s upcoming open-world title Cyberpunk 2077.

So, it’s The Witcher 3 right?

“I really can’t tell you anything,” he laughs, knowingly. “Honestly, I can’t say.”

Hypothetically however, the lead animator is happy to state his enthusiasm for a return to Geralt of Rivia’s adventures.

“Assuming there is a next game,” he smiles, “then I’m looking forward to it. It’s going to be even better. The team at CD Projekt RED is getting stronger all the time.

“We want to do a similar game, but improve it. We are focused on our fans.”

“For me, the number one aim when making a game is to connect with fans. There’s a strong Witcher community, and we always engage with people on forums and discussions. We really care about what fans have to say.

“There’s a topic right now on a Polish forum, about: ‘What do you want to see in The Witcher 3?’. We’re definitely paying attention to that.”
Source: http://www.fmvmagazine.com/?p=12987

Top Bottom