• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 probably getting announced February 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
en_9ff204f2-610x343.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hope they refine the combat mechanics further - #2 was a step in the right direction but I still felt things had a 'disconnect' to them (a lag when you click the mouse button to when you actually swing). Also improve regular traversal, movement being grid-based makes it feel like an early 3D game.

And not to mention, give me a storyline more interesting than #2... more talk about the wild hunt, discovering Geralt's memories, what happened with Yennefer... less political drama. On that note, do we know if Witcher 3 will wrap up the first 2 games' storylines?

Would be amazing if it was out this year! When they revealed Witcher 2(not counting that leaked publisher video) the game was out within months.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Does anyone have a close up of a Witcher 2 sword for comparison?

There's a slightly larger image at the site:

I'm pretty sure it's Aerondight, the sword the Lady of the Lake gives you in The Witcher, that you can import into The Witcher 2.

katkombat

Banned
Seriously debating replaying TW2:EE for 360 because of this. The IGN post also says this is closer to being completed apparently. So this or next gen and 2013/14 GAF? What do you think? Also, is taking Iorveth's path
Ditching Roche in chapter 2
a vastly different story compares to Roche's? I played through with Roche and was wondering if I should start this again sooner rather than later.

Dresden

Seriously debating replaying TW2:EE for 360 because of this. The IGN post also says this is closer to being completed apparently. So this or next gen and 2013/14 GAF? What do you think? Also, is taking Iorveth's path
Ditching Roche in chapter 2
a vastly different story compares to Roche's? I played through with Roche and was wondering if I should start this again sooner rather than later.

You get a different storyline, yes.

Roche's story is better, but Iorveth's path is worth playing for any fan.

I'd say some of the things that happen on Roche's path were better, more brutal haha, but I liked where you go for Iorveth's line, just more interesting to me, but it's all good. It was well worth the two playthroughs.

Moff

I liked Roches story more, but Iorveth feels more complete, it matches the game better I think.
but in any case, you NEED to do both, seriously. the whole act 2 is completely different, and its by far the biggest act, its about half of the whole game. there is no way around playing both ways if you liked the game.

katkombat

Banned
I guess I need to get another copy of this sometime soon then, thanks.

I didn't even see the other posts before mine discussing this lol

Vitor711

I liked Roches story more, but Iorveth feels more complete, it matches the game better I think.
but in any case, you NEED to do both, seriously. the whole act 2 is completely different, and its by far the biggest act, its about half of the whole game. there is no way around playing both ways if you liked the game.

Agreed with this so much.

The world is truly f*cked up by the end of Roche's path if you make certain decisions along the way. Set's them up for some really awesome political consequences in three.

That being said, you get so much major story info on Ioverth's path that is completely absent with Roche. And I don't feel like that's stuff they can ignore, despite the fact that I found the more personal story of Roche and co. to be far more engaging and exciting.

Perkel

Banned
Both of them will die right after start of TW3. You puny little broaliance will be nothing in comparison to Yennefer of vengerberg wrath and awesomeness.

Poor tris...

Badtriss.jpg

Witcher2 is one of those games that when I hear someone talking about it or write about it, I have the itch to replay the game. Only a handful of games do that to me. Stoked to see more.

Perkel

Banned
Witcher2 is one of those games that when I hear someone talking about it or write about it, I have the itch to replay the game. Only a handful of games do that to me. Stoked to see more.

Amazing lore does that and strong characters in non epic stories. CDPR really did justice to TW books imo. From language to how world looks and feels like.

Personally i can't wait for TW3 especially since they said it will be probably open world game.

RedSwirl

no, Yennefer probably dies/is dead I think, Geralt reaching her would be too happy for their stories.

Wait what? Did you pay attention to TW2?
The same thing that happened to Geralt happened to her: She ended up running around somewhere with memory loss, ran into Letho at some point, and is now somewhere in Nilfgaard, which is where Geralt is going for TW3.

Perkel

Banned
I hope Yen or Ciri doesn't show up in the teaser, it would be unbearable to wait. :D

At this point after TW2 i am preatty much sure what happened to both of them. Probably this elf dude is from the same place which Ciri run from. I constantly amazed how CDPR writers managed to connect closed story. At first it was hurr durr amnesia but later everything came together in TW2.

Which also points that whole thing with TW3 can go in two ways:

1st - Yennefer will be main plot of game and at the end they will get Yennefer. Which is imo from design and story writting bad overall
2nd - This elf dude is main antagonist and Geralt will set score with him. Which is imo good from gamaplay perspective but at the same time too horribly clishe for witcher lore. (TW2 antagonist was non clishe as it gets so there is also a room for good story)

I have in mind some other version but i think it's to severe for new fans (who don't know about character quirks and their history and which would be totally confusing) and probably writers would fear to use it. Yennefer after amnesia don't want to have anything to do with Geralt or his story, probably already found someone to toy with. Especially since both of them were were having affairs from time to time and that would be very true to witcher lore which is mainly realistic in therm of human behaviors. But there is also this whole "last wish" thing in which we don't know if there is something that ties their faith or not.

EatChildren

So close I can taste it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom