• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 probably getting announced February 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentenza

One day to go.

ron-paul.gif

Eusis

As far as I know Mass Effect 4 have been cancelled. After 3 months of preproduction in BioWare Edmonton, all employees have been sent to home.
Wait, is this for real or just a joke of some sort?

EDIT: That answers that I guess.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As far as I know Mass Effect 4 have been cancelled. After 3 months of preproduction in BioWare Edmonton, all employees have been sent to home.

Nice try, but Mass Effect 4 is in development at BioWare Montreal.

Sentenza

I just hope to see some footage and not just a confirmation like "Yep, we are actually working on it. Stay tuned".

Sentenza

Probably setting yourself up for disappointment. But I really hope so too.
Probably, yes.
At this point I'm quite used to these awkward press events from CD Projekt.
It's almost like they enjoy to embarrass themselves in front of a crowd.

Cels

i wonder if witcher 2 360 did well enough that CDPR is going to keep developing for consoles.

i'm assuming that witcher 3 and cyberpunk are coming to pc only first, and maybe ports later.

Perkel

Banned
Makers of The Witcher 2 are expecting biggest income this year

It is interesting read which gives insight into what will happen tomorrow.

Their main income sources are

Game production (The Witcher series)
and GOG.com (7,5 mln downloads)
also they are publishers of games of Blizzard, Sega and other companies.

Adam Kiciński said that their REDengine 3 will probably be other source of income as they plan to license it to other developer studios.
They put a lot work to have best RPG engine in industry that will be able to create vast worlds and nonlinear stories.

It is very interesting to see that their games have veeery long legs and they now will have biggest year in therms of income. Probably TW2 on consoles bombed but thanks to long legs it is still selling same as TW1 and TW2 on PC. And more important is that CDPR is in very healthy situation and they earn money even when they have 2 AAA games in production.

So probably tomorrow:

The Witcher 3 Annoucement with trailer
GOG.com numbers (as usuall) maybe new publisher ?
Presentation of REDengine 3 and annoucement that they will be selling engine licenses.
REDkit modding tool for REDengine 2/3
More info about Cyberpunk 2077 ?

RPGamer92

Banned
i wonder if witcher 2 360 did well enough that CDPR is going to keep developing for consoles.

i'm assuming that witcher 3 and cyberpunk are coming to pc only first, and maybe ports later.
I remember a listing for Witcher 3 on 360, PC, and even PS3 was found a while ago.

Ricker

Did we ever get numbers for the console version of Witcher 2?...I wonder if they where good enough for them to be working on a PC and 360 version(or Durango)at the same time this time around...

EDIT: and was answered 3 post above lol,nm :p

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

I think I read that all their games are coming to PC and console day 1, I don't know how accurate that us though. If it is true I guess they must have done well on 360
EDIT: damn to slow :(

Perkel

Banned
Can we expect screenshots of TW3 along with a gameplay trailer ?

I will say yes. Beside Cyberpunk 2077 they never annouced game with CGI. Only in game trailers (both TW1 and TW2) and TW3 will be probably finished by the end of year.

Quentyn

There is speculation on the official forums that the Witcher 3 will be revealed on the Game Informer cover tomorrow. Andrew Reiner tweeted an hour ago that the reveal is tomorrow, so that would fit.

gregski said:
So, according to the article, it's gonna be February 5th in the evening.

A little translation:

It's gonna be "of a different character than all our other announcements so far, and at the same time typical for the biggest hits in the game industry. The message will be directed at the biggest international gaming market - American gamers - so you can expect solid information on February 5th in the evening"

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/inde...rrow-is-the-day/page__pid__917999#entry917999

eznark

Banned
Witcher reveal on the cover of Game Informer would be pretty cool, and hilarious. I still remember the GWJ guys ripping on the title the first time they saw it...then Jeff subsequently loving it.

Best series in gaming.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Witcher reveal on the cover of Game Informer would be pretty cool, and hilarious. I still remember the GWJ guys ripping on the title the first time they saw it...then Jeff subsequently loving it.

Best series in gaming.

Who the hell is Jeff?

Quick question... in The Witcher 2, as most of you know, at the end of chapter 1 theres a pivotal choice and that will decide everything that happens for the rest of the game, including quests, primary npcs that you will relate, towns, and so on... its a nice decision we do not often see in videogames, but...

Do you guys prefer this kind of choice that will set the rest of the game (but you will have to play twice to see everything the game offers) or a more linear experience where you can get all the quests from both sides in just one playthrough, but with choices having less impact?

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question... in The Witcher 2, as most of you know, at the end of chapter 1 theres a pivotal choice and that will decide everything that happens for the rest of the game, including quests, primary npcs that you will relate, towns, and so on... its a nice decision we do not often see in videogames, but...

Do you guys prefer this kind of choice that will set the rest of the game (but you will have to play twice to see everything the game offers) or a more linear experience where you can get all the quests from both sides in just one playthrough, but with choices having less impact?

The more impact the choices have the better.
Obviously as long as it's in reason, for example cutting a slice of cheese wouldn't end the universe...
or would it?

Give me more impactful choices. I don't need to see every piece of content in a single playthrough. That's the mentality that kills the whole concept of player choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom