• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 probably getting announced February 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I have 17 hours logged in The Witcher 2 and I'm still pretty much at the beginning of the game.

I put over 40 into The Witcher without ever seeing the 3rd act, before I sort of lost interest.

They really don't need to hurry. But I do plan on finishing TW2. To make up for not finishing TW1 I just read a plot summary before starting 2.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
whats up with the Roche love? hes an ass. Iorveth ftw baby. that guy is truly a master companion. Roche just tries too hard to be cool.

Roche is a major try hard. Plus, he has no honor in battle. Just look at that GIF. Always with the tricks, he can never face his opponents directly (when he does he's swiftly defeated).

OH, NOT ON MY WATCH!!!

idNXIZbblbk3u.gif

I do not remember that or the bridge scene. Maybe DLC I missed?

I've thought of replaying this game to make different decisions and NOT have a man crush on Roche, but now I'm pretty sure that I CAN'T.

FACE

Banned

I've thought of replaying this game to make different decisions and NOT have a man crush on Roche, but now I'm pretty sure that I CAN'T.

If you have kept your game up to date than you did not miss any DLC.

Kyaw

Did they actually say they're doing a conference for this or is it just a date for announcing something?

Just out of curiosity, what makes Yennefer a so-loved character?
Because love interests usually are awful.
She's as flawed as he is. She's a lot more brash which is one of the reasons people worry about how it'll be handled because that can become annoying quick if handled poorly. She can be really mean spirited when she's pissed, and Triss has been on the other end of that a few times which could be a problem for those who have only played the games. Their relationship is sort of unusual. They both obviously love each other and are bound to each other, but they're both very bad at relationships and often split off for months or years at a time due to stubbornness and then eventually come back together through circumstances. I think it's her imperfections that make people like her or hate her. She's not just a token girl.

It also helps that she's a main character, so you see things from her point of view too.

Oh wow. Are they any good? (Edit: I mean the translations)
Sword of Destiny is a bit rough in places because the story titles translate oddly, but still decent. The rest are good.

Bridge scene you should have seen no matter what on a Roche playthrough. Other scene is if you go with Roche's mission instead of rescuing Triss, so it's possible to miss.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Brother Roche all the way, we need more medievil espionage and SAS up in this bitch. And the finest merchant of selling spices ever. I really can't wait to see Nilfgaard and all its icy terrain with the battle of Temeria. The Wild Hunt will soon all reveal.

RedSwirl

Do you know why Geralt hates unicorns ? Because of Yennefer and her ... fetishes.
If they get her right i doubt there is character in gaming that will be as awesome and interesting as her.

I'm only in the middle of Sword of Destiny (the 2nd book). How awesome does she get later on, and in which books?

Who's Yennifer again? I've only played the second game and I was wondering what's going on lol.

She's Geralt's main love interest from the books. From what I've read so far she's kind of a bitch

Wasn't the game based off a book? Or am I confusing it with Metro haha.

Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow, had forgot about it, good, since I didn't realize I had to wait for like 3 weeks since Project Cyberpunk.

It's based on the world of the books but not the books themselves.

Gbraga

I still didn't play Roche's path (I just finished the game last month for the first time, loved it, my new 2011 GOTY), but I really love Iorveth, I think he's a great character, very likeable, and his ideals are worth fighitng for,
specially after the end of the first Chapter.

I'm team Scoia'tael for life bro, you dirty dh'oine gaming peasants can bow before the glorious scoia'tael master race.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Still like nine hours until the Polish get to work.

Come ooon.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Lol!

Roche is trying too hard to be Laurence of Arabia and fails miserably.

NIfyjlg.jpg

I fail to see Laurence being able to top this off

rochegifkq9b.gif

How much bad assery do you need? This man survived a fucking dragon!

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
The witcher franchise is huge in poland, its like a natural treasure for them. I was visiting krakow right around the time of TW2's release, and there were adverts and posters for it everywhere, almost like a blockbuster movie. Even my older polish relatives who knew nothing about video games knew about the release. Good times.

Complistic

I hope Roche appears in the game. team vernon for life

Eh, I'd rather he didn't. I really don't want them to pull a bioware and have the main character run into someone they knew from the last game every 5 minutes.

No, instead, they'll make a bunch of great new characters for everyone to love.

Tacitus_

Eh, I'd rather he didn't. I really don't want them to pull a bioware and have the main character run into someone they knew from the last game every 5 minutes.

No, instead, they'll make a bunch of great new characters for everyone to love.

Zoltan and Dandelion are so going to be in it. I'm hoping that we get to see the Spymaster from TW1 again but I think he's going to be busy watching over the squabbling lords.

Complistic

Zoltan and Dandelion are so going to be in it. I'm hoping that we get to see the Spymaster from TW1 again but I think he's going to be busy watching over the squabbling lords.

Well yeah, them and Triss. They're really main characters though. And not just in the games.

i just hope roche dies in 3 lmao. Seriously, Iorveth is the real man here. as someone posted above, roche cant even win a 1 v 1 fight.

Solo

Iorveth is for the angsty teen crowd. Roche is for men.

Are avatars not showing up for you guys too?

EDIT: and now there they are

Ragus

Banned
The witcher franchise is huge in poland, its like a natural treasure for them. I was visiting krakow right around the time of TW2's release, and there were adverts and posters for it everywhere, almost like a blockbuster movie. Even my older polish relatives who knew nothing about video games knew about the release. Good times.

It really was everywhere. When I bought it, even my dad (who has no interest in video games) was watching my playthrough, because he heard on the news, that this game was fantastic. Good times.

The Witcher 2 was everywhere.

I'm kind of wondering how they'll even address Roche or Iorveth in The Witcher 3. Same with most of the other big divergent plotlines, like how you dealt with Henselt or Saskia or Letho. I suppose they could just kind of ignore them or write them off like they did to Shani, but that would be kind of weak. It would be nice if CD Projekt could show up BioWare when it comes to making choices matter across games via a save game import.

antonz

I guess CDPR won't be holding a press conference this time?

Im guessing Game Informer is not released in Poland. So they would have to have some kind of information release for the Polish Audience.

That said I am so excited :D Been rocking Triss since Witcher2. Soon some new Witcher art for avatar perhaps

Cels

i hope they don't do a redesign like witcher 1->witcher 2, because i'm really happy with how the look of geralt and co (triss/zoltan/dandelion) in witcher 2.

and hopefully we finallly get to see yennefer outside of a stylized art cutscene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom