• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 probably getting announced February 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violater

Cyperpunk looks like it's the 2015 game and TW3 is looking like the 2014 game, so right mow it's safe to assume it will be before.

kipfistpump.gif

Perkel

Banned
Quick question... in The Witcher 2, as most of you know, at the end of chapter 1 theres a pivotal choice and that will decide everything that happens for the rest of the game, including quests, primary npcs that you will relate, towns, and so on... its a nice decision we do not often see in videogames, but...

Do you guys prefer this kind of choice that will set the rest of the game (but you will have to play twice to see everything the game offers) or a more linear experience where you can get all the quests from both sides in just one playthrough, but with choices having less impact?

That was the most brilliant (and probably very expensive for them) thing i have ever seen in RPG which is such story heavy.
Most of quests in TW2 ware rather refreshing. Outcome of those choices were just simply grand.
If they will even go deeper than that then it will be simply mindblowing.

No one can say they played witcher 2 until they replay it from other side perspective.

If they could connect above with The Witcher 1 unpredictable outcomes then we would have truly top notch RPG. And something like investigation in TW1 act2 would be just mindblowing. No handholding.

Do you guys prefer this kind of choice that will set the rest of the game (but you will have to play twice to see everything the game offers) or a more linear experience where you can get all the quests from both sides in just one playthrough, but with choices having less impact?
I think there's a middle ground somewhere. Witcher 2's split seemed like too much of a toggle switch, in a game series that prides itself on natural choices. You can still have the occasional quest that isn't available because of who you traveled with, but I prefer they expand on the Witcher 1 way where your choices can effect quests later in the game in ways you don't know until they happen.

Sentenza

Quick question... in The Witcher 2, as most of you know, at the end of chapter 1 theres a pivotal choice and that will decide everything that happens for the rest of the game, including quests, primary npcs that you will relate, towns, and so on... its a nice decision we do not often see in videogames, but...

Personally I'm all for vastly diverging outcomes, quests and NPC interactions, but I'm not a big fan of preventing access and exploration of entire areas as consequence of your choices. If anything, even just because I don't find it a very cost-effective solution (and in fact I don't think it's just a coincidence that the third chapter felt rushed as hell).

Quentyn

Found the source for the forum rumor. It was a post from a CD Projekt Red employee on the Polish forum. Anyone can translate that? I have added a Google translation below for now.

Google Translate said:
Ladies, ad announced on 5 February 2013 will be a completely different character than our previous events of this type, and at the same time will be typical for the biggest hits in the industry world :) The message will be routed directly to the largest global market - the U.S. players - so specific information so you can expect on Feb. 5 in the evening :))

That at least confirms that we will get the announcement tomorrow evening Polish Time. Given that they are talking about a annoucement that is "typical for the biggest hits in the industry" I would say a GI cover seems likely at this point.

Perkel

Banned
Found the source for the forum rumor. It was a post from a CD Projekt Red employee on the Polish forum. Anyone can translate that? I have added a Google translation below for now.

That at least confirms that we will get the announcement tomorrow evening Polish Time. Given that they are talking about a annoucement that is "typical for the biggest hits in the industry" I would say a GI cover seems likely at this point.

Yeah looks like they want to deliver this time.

dragonknight337

Neo Member
If Witcher 3 gets announced in Feb, and P5 gets announced next week.

Well, let's just say that this will be the best year for announcements ever.

I don't think I can take both of these back to back after Rune Factory 4 a few days ago. Better start preparing my body now!

The Witcher 3... I bought the 560ti for 2, I guess I'll be getting a 7XX or 8XX whatever is out by the time it releases. Maybe I can has ubersampling this time

Perkel

Banned
I don't think I can take both of these back to back after Rune Factory 4 a few days ago. Better start preparing my body now!

The Witcher 3... I bought the 560ti for 2, I guess I'll be getting a 7XX or 8XX whatever is out by the time it releases. Maybe I can has ubersampling this time

If Witcher3 will have DX11 effects then i will buy second HD6870.

Perkel

Banned
I hope Roche appears in the game. team vernon for life

Both of them won't be in TW3. Roche is part of Redania special forces and elf has it's own things to do in Aedirn especially if he has hots for Saskia and does want to be part of human-nonhuman country like he wanted to.

But you will have Yennefer. Who she is ? Someone who is just infinitely better, more awesome than roche (if they get her right)

Salaadin

Both of them won't be in TW3. Roche is part of Redania special forces and elf has it's own things to do in Aedirn especially if he has hots for Saskia and does want to be part of human-nonhuman country like he wanted to.

But you will have Yennefer. Who she is ? Someone who is just infinitely better, more awesome than roche (if they get her right)

As much as I love Triss, Yennefer is so much better than her too. Like you said, if they get right.

RedSwirl

If Witcher 3 gets announced in Feb, and P5 gets announced next week.

Well, let's just say that this will be the best year for announcements ever.

Also, Roche > Iorveth. Roche's act 3 is seriously boss.

Where did we hear about a P5 announcement?

Perkel

Banned
I doubt Yennefer will be as bro as Roche.

Do you know why Geralt hates unicorns ? Because of Yennefer and her ... fetishes.
If they get her right i doubt there is character in gaming that will be as awesome and interesting as her.

whats up with the Roche love? hes an ass. Iorveth ftw baby. that guy is truly a master companion. Roche just tries too hard to be cool.

sflufan

Banned
The part of TW3 that I'm looking forward to the most is spending time in Nilfgaard and dealing with Emperor Emhyr var Emreis, the White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of his Enemies.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Who's Yennifer again? I've only played the second game and I was wondering what's going on lol.

Wasn't the game based off a book? Or am I confusing it with Metro haha.

Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow, had forgot about it, good, since I didn't realize I had to wait for like 3 weeks since Project Cyberpunk.

krishian

Ragus

Banned
My translation:

The annoucement, which will take place on the 5th of february, will be much different than our previous annoucements, and will also be quite typical for biggest and best worldwide annoucements. It will be directed towards the biggest worldwide market - towards american gamers. For more information, tune in on the 5th of february.

Sorry for bad translation quality, but I hope you get the idea

Sentenza

the way he worded it feels like completely new intellectual property tailored for US market (skyrim, fallout) than Witcher (eastern european, russian market)

To be honest it sounds to me more like he's just suggesting that their marketing efforts will be more aimed to the american audience.

Perkel

Banned
Who's Yennifer again? I've only played the second game and I was wondering what's going on lol.

Just out of curiosity, what makes Yennefer a so-loved character?
Because love interests usually are awful.

It is very very very very hard to describe her.

Think something like this:

Woman that is powerful. As sorceress and and superbly intelligent. She is first and foremost manipulative and use people left and right, when someone do something to her bad she will repeat that 100x times more with vengeance in her "evil violet eyes". She will use anyone to achieve her goal and if she can't get it in normal way she will even use her charm be it mental or physical to full extend.

As love interest to Geralt she was/is like wife who love him and the same time beats him and generally she always decides stuff completely controlling Geralt and because of that both of them constantly were fighting with each other often ending with few months of being single and spending their time having fun with other girls/boys.

She is one of the reasons why sex=/=love is so true.
She even get laid with Geralt and some dude same day (her long time friend).

All above still doesn't describe her character fully.

It will be very very very very hard to get her character right and i trully don't want to be in place of writer which want to get her character right.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It is very very very very hard to describe her.

Think something like this:

Woman that is powerful. As sorceress and and superbly intelligent. She is first and foremost manipulative and use people left and right, when someone do something to her bad she will repeat that 100x times more with vengeance in her "evil violet eyes". She will use anyone to achieve her goal and if she can't get it in normal way she will even use her charm be it mental or physical to full extend.

As love interest to Geralt she was/is like wife who love him and the same time beats him and generally she always decides stuff completely controlling Geralt and because of that both of them constantly were fighting with each other often ending with few months of being single and spending their time having fun with other girls/boys.

She is one of the reasons why sex=/=love is so true.
She even get laid with Geralt and some dude same day (her long time friend).

All above still doesn't describe her character fully.

It will be very very very very hard to get her character right and i trully don't want to be in place of writer which want to get her character right.

Meh, bring back Shani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom