• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 supports new fancy Nvidia tech.

deuce985

Banned
It's good to see Nvidia being optimized on. I was worried later this year if I build another gaming PC we would be seeing far too many AMD optimized games. I'm not an AMD fan and Battlefield 4 is optimized on AMD. =/

astraycat

I'm far too distracted by that pop in the animation of back right leg.

The procedural fur does mask it quite a bit though.

Demon Ice

Banned
What's HBAO+?

Hope my GTX 660 Ti can turn on most of the stuff. Had no problem with Tress FX in TR or PhysX in Batman AC and Metro LL

Perkel

Banned
Dennis create Last gen wolf and next gen PC wolf.gif

That fure tech is beyond amazing. And they confirmed that they will use it on clothes and armors !

Imagine Dark Souls 2 that armor with proper fur :D

USIGSJ

One more jaw drops in envy.

HDQU81T.gif

Binabik15

tumblr_m67f73lsiw1r9iwauiz.gif

Dat silky smooth pelt. I doubt we can have that ingame with tons of other important additions to games like cloth physics and good DoF at the same time for a long time, though.

deuce985

Banned
Need that TressFX. AMD better get on it.

Was I the only one who didn't like it that much in Tomb Raider? It did look cool flowing but it seemed so unnatural. Lara's hair would randomly speed up to 100mph for no apparent reason and I was wondering if some supernatural force was behind her hair...

It distracted me so much I turned it off. Not sure if the distraction was a good or bad thing.

sflufan

Banned
That's great and all, but what about sex with mermaids? This game simply MUST allow Geralt to have sex with a mermaid!

FoxSpirit

Aww buzz off with non open enhancements. I love NVidia but this bs has to stop.
Make a DirectCU implementation and you have my sword.

knitoe

Looks like, I am getting the PC version. Was hoping to go back to X1/PS4 for a few years. It's just not being able to hit 60fps with max settings depresses me.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I hope they will offer some alternative technique for consoles and AMD cards, otherwise it's very stupid. I own Nvidia by the way.

Are these going to GPU accelerated or just standard fare but as part of the PhysX SDK?

Edit: Will the DP option in the Titan's have an bearing on TW3's 64bit HDR?

BigDug13

Why don't AMD's cards have a similar special physics system? Especially when these games are going to be (hopefully) doing this stuff on PS4 with an AMD chip?

derFeef

It's not like Nvidia invented moving fur... and considering consoles are all amd, I expect to see similar implementations on a game to game basis, which will translate to PC AMD too.

I just hate proprietary stuff on PC, eliminates the benefits of the platform, but that's not the topic for that. It does look lovely for sure.

Dennis

Banned
An open world game filled with dangerous animals and monsters with that kind of graphical fidelity.....*drool*

One GPU for general graphics

One GPU for PhysX

One GPU for fur tech

#TeamWorthIt

I thought the wolf with the fancy effects looked worse. It didn't look real. I thought it had some kind of energy shield over its fur. I liked the way the fur moved but the overall effect was weird. I think it was the sheen from reflecting light that I was noticing.

Dennis

Banned
I thought the wolf with the fancy effects looked worse. It didn't look real. I thought it had some kind of energy shield over its fur. I liked the way the fur moved but the overall effect was weird.

wh.......?

It looks almost photorealistic. Have you seen a dog with a nice coat before?

The only 'unreal' thing is that in the wild a wolf would probably have a dirtier and not so well groomed coat.

Top Bottom