• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2014, PC/NextGen): Game Informer March 2013 [Updated OP]

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So you're telling me the Spanish editions are ahead of the English ones? Madness.

Unfortunately yeah. I have The Last Wish and Blood of Elves sitting on my desk patiently awaiting for when the others come out in English.

OH SUP TOTP

ib0oR8ecWjvc4r.gif

Zocano

Ugh. My hype is already dangerously high and I can't contain myself. I'm stupidly pondering that this game could be the best game of all time just outright (as if it's a truth of life) and it's silly of me to do so but I can't help but get incredibly psyched.

Nonetheless, I am extremely excited to see more of this game shown.

Was this game informer piece what the cyberpunk trailer was referring to? Or are we getting some kind of press release tomorrow? Either way can't ever have to much Witcher. Sign me up!

Ok had I read further before replying:

The renderer that they're using for the shots used in the zine (internal PC build) will boast significant improvements upon release. So, there's that. Sounds like it will look better than the screens I'm seeing now.

Orayn

Why is that?

Because "open world" means level design going to crap far too often. I would love this this to be an intricate exception like Dark Souls, but the prospect of crossing the whole map on horseback makes it sound like we're in for a bunch of boring expanses of nothing.

So you're telling me the Spanish editions are ahead of the English ones? Madness.

Yeah, I dunno what happened between the author and the publisher after the English release of Blood of Elves, but NA is getting the next book, Time of Contempt, tomorrow. Huh, same day as the CD Projeckt Red conference, assuming Amazon's date is correct.

Nizz

The Witcher finally coming to PS3/PS4??? Praise the lord. I hope they make a 4K Edition of Witcher 1/2 on PS4. (guessing since its says all major top of the line consoles)
Yep, since I'm PS3 only I missed out on The Witcher 2. Would be great if the first two games were ported to Orbis/PS4. I've heard good things about these games.

Chromie

Banned
Ok had I read further before replying:

The renderer that they're using for the shots used in the zine (internal PC build) will boast significant improvements upon release. So, there's that. Sounds like it will look better than the screens I'm seeing now.

Can I see them? /beg

Camp Lo

Banned
Because "open world" means level design going to crap far too often. I would love this this to be an intricate exception like Dark Souls, but the prospect of crossing the whole map on horseback makes it sound like we're in for a bunch of boring expanses of nothing.

But it's CDPRED

I would take that with a grain of salt. It's marketing, mainly, to point out the game is big. I'm confident CDPR is on a higher level when it comes to thinking through these things. It's sounding like there will be a hefty amount of questing/decision-making involved, too.

Derrick01

Banned

Yup that was part of my concern in the original rumor thread too. It's a lot easier to believe they're not one of the extremely few exceptions to the rule than it is to believe otherwise.

MormaPope

Banned
I really, really, really hope there are drastically different outcomes for each big choice. Imagine exploring the open world and each different decision can alter the main journey drastically, meeting entirely different people, exploring new towns, fighting different enemies.

I really hope there's still at least two very different main questlines that change what you play completely.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, I dunno what happened between the author and the publisher after the English release of Blood of Elves, but NA is getting the next book, Time of Contempt, tomorrow. Huh, same day as the CD Projeckt Red conference, assuming Amazon's date is correct.

Wow, good to know. Don't they get progressively worse, or was that something else?

Yeah, the covers are amazing. People, this is a good representation of Yennefer:

Amazon is showing this as the cover for Time of Contempt to be released in June. But there is also another version of the same book coming out in August, so I'm confused. Different Publishers, too. I guess we'll know when we get closer.

Wait, what? Tomorrow? I see June and/or August.

Where are you guys seeing pictures from GI?

I have a digital subscription and I don't see the issue in my iPad newsstand...

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
This is the gif I was looking for, it is exactly how I feel.

I'm a little disappointed I didn't use it first instead of nicholson nod. It just accurately conveys the feels I'm feeling right now much better.

Are we? B&N has it slated for August 27th :\

Beard growing contest from when Witcher 3 release date is announced to launch day? Women can join in too!

I participated in Cinco De Moustache for like 5 straight years, I broke habit this year but for Geralt I'll gladly toss my razer and lectric trimmer in the bin.

Ok that picture is great but once again a game company tells us "The third game is the PERFECT entry point to the series" ugh

Top Bottom