• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - "A Night to Remember" teaser

DrKelpo

Banned
I said got-dayum

got-dayum indeed

iPHyvbqukYcd7.gif

frontovik

Banned
A remake of the Witcher 1 cinematic? Is it the launch trailer as well, or is that yet to come...

I'm feeling nostalgic now. The series has come a long way since the first game was released and I still have fond memories of the Geralt vs Striga intro. You're awesome CDPR!

hermeslyre

Neo Member
Wow that's a really cool message from them. I wish I had played the first 2 when they came out now.

Two things I remember vividly playing Witcher 1 around release. How much fun I was having, and how bloody long the load screens were! They were easily piss break length, and they were plentiful.

The game is in a much better state post patch/enhanced edition.

Glass

There are definite similarities to Princess Adda, and I guess in a way there'd be no better way of introducing new players to The Witcher then a brand new 2015 quality trailer going over some of Geralt's famous stories.

But then again, The Witcher 1 has that exact cinematic, so this could be another red headed monster in disguise.

Awesome. I thought they stopped doing these.

About the video, the lady looks a lot like Princess Adda from the books/Witcher 1. She's a striga, as you can see. In the books as well as Witcher 1 Geralt helps neutralise the curse she was born with.

Damn the W1 intro is still effective today. It tells you a lot about the tone of the world and characters succinctly. The CGI intro for W2's Enhanced Edition is excellent as well.

Agreed. It's twice as cool when you realise that the W1 intro is actually the book's version of Geralt's encounter with the striga. W1's entro was really exciting at the time, too...

CDPR knows their stuff.

thebloo

PS: In terms of scale, let us just say the town of Novigrad has over 2000 openable doors! Imagine the mass of load time it would generate in The Witcher 1 ;)

Ha. In Witcher 1 vanilla the total time would be FOREVER.

PFD

There's a hidden message from CD Projekt

After 3 long years The Witcher: Wild Hunt is finally ready to go.
The reviews are already out and the reception is amazing.
We can't wait to hand our baby over to you.

It is a very important milestone for all of us here.
We went from 50 people in the first Witcher
to over 200 creating a massive world of Wild Hunt.

It's a grand scale now, but the nuance and soul of the series is intact.
We won't have it any other way.

This is one for the fans who supported us all this time
Those who cheered for a different kind of fantasy.

One that's dark unsettling and personal.
Here's something to sweeten these last days of waiting
Here's "A Night to Remember,"
A short, spoiler free cinematic.

PS: In terms of scale, let us just say the town of Novigrad has over 2000 openable doors! Imagine the mass of load time it would generate in The Witcher 1 ;)

This is really cool

Maaaaan, I have six days to play through the first two games, that's going to be almost impossible to do that quickly. Really should've at least stuck to playing the first game after I started it.

Top Bottom