• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt E3 Fact Sheet [Up: Scans]

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
TW2 never came out on PS3 either.

They could probably get away with porting The Witcher 2 to next gen consoles at some point. As good as The Witcher 3 looks, the leap in raw asset quality isn't all that massive. It's a lot of the other tech stuff: lighting, shadows, shaders, foliage rendering, and so on. They could take almost take The Witcher 2 as is, port it over to the new engine, and scrub it up where necessary (richer foliage rendering distance, new lighting/shadow engine), and still have a really impressive looking game.

The Witcher 2 still looks amazing in its current build.

witcher2areog.png

witcher1txstv.png

Savitar

Witcher 2 still looks insane good and that won't change any time soon.

As for those new scans......so can't wait, my body is going into over load.

Gattsu25

Banned
I can't wait to play this game. The only "next gen" game I am really hyped for.

Good thing I have a good gaming PC.

Jac_Solar

It really depends also on scale.
This 30+40+ square miles is really weird imo. I mean: If you have a horse which is not fast at all you can traverse from Riverun to Solitude in less than 15minutes. That is not even straight line !

Skyrim World is very big but i feel scaling is not right. Hrodgar High Moutain looks very very very big but it is actually very very very small mountain in comparison to real life mountains.

Yeah, true, but no game has managed to capture that sort of scale. Perhaps some Flight Simulators and Outerra, but those aren't games in the traditional sense, and the terrains in Flight Simulators are basically just planes with textures.

I imagine that it is because the topography is harder to traverse on horse since there are islands and sea, not necessarily 40+ square miles.

I think it's natural to assume that they measured the distance as the eagle flies at whatever speed the horse runs at -- stating the time it takes to "navigate" the world is completely pointless as a means to gauge the size, as it's subjective (Learning the shortcuts.) and dependent on the terrain design (Actual world design and where assets are placed.), as well as where you start running from; a 1000x1000 meter area could take you several hours to cross if the terrain is very tricky or mazelike. In this case, every metric but the straight line metric is irrelevant and doesn't indicate anything.

i-Lo

They could probably get away with porting The Witcher 2 to next gen consoles at some point. As good as The Witcher 3 looks, the leap in raw asset quality isn't all that massive. It's a lot of the other tech stuff: lighting, shadows, shaders, foliage rendering, and so on. They could take almost take The Witcher 2 as is, port it over to the new engine, and scrub it up where necessary (richer foliage rendering distance, new lighting/shadow engine), and still have a really impressive looking game.

The Witcher 2 still looks amazing in its current build.

While TW2 on next gen consoles are not out of the question it certainly seems unlikely. Of course, once the series is concluded, we may see a TW collection for Xbone/PS4 a few years down the line. For now, it's this and C2077.

Scale has its price plus character models shader and lighting in general look very much improved. TW2 had an abundance of detail in terms of textures (face) but lacked the lighting fidelity.

Here are a few gifs to wet appetite and prove point:

iybtRFAszF35C.gif

Geralt (lighting):

http://i.minus.com/ijsjiDFScVIMd.gif

http://i.minus.com/iIhYLjamG2xgt.gif

While TW2 on next gen consoles are not out of the question it certainly seems unlikely. Of course, once the series is concluded, we may see a TW collection for Xbone/PS4 a few years down the line. For now, it's this and C2077.

Scale has its price plus character models shader and lighting in general look very much improved. TW2 had an abundance of detail in terms of textures (face) but lacked the lighting fidelity.

Here are two gifs to wet appetite and prove point:

iybtRFAszF35C.gif

Geralt (lighting):

http://i.minus.com/ijsjiDFScVIMd.gif

http://i.minus.com/iIhYLjamG2xgt.gif

This, this is just crazy.
BTW, that city, if they are going exactly by the books map and what happens there, is Oxenfurt, the university part of the big Novigrad, that wouldnt even appear in that shot. As I told you, fucking crazy.
The river that surrounds it has a big part in a chapter of The Blood of Elves, where Geralt uses a transport ship to get to Oxenfurt and some mercenaries attack the boat to steal the possessions of the people in the transport ship. There's also a monster roaming the river lol

Serra

My second most anticipated game right now!

I highly recommend people to play The Witcher 1 & 2, fantastic games although quite different from each other.

Yonafunu

I can't believe we still haven't seen any real gameplay of this beast. The moment this game comes close to releasing I'm buying a new graphics card.

Based on what I've heard/seen from various gaming podcasts/sites, it is beyond me as to how this did not win best rpg at E3. Put this next to Elder scrolls online and it isn't even close from what I can tell.

Interfectum

Based on what I've heard/seen from various gaming podcasts/sites, it is beyond me as to how this did not win best rpg at E3. Put this next to Elder scrolls online and it isn't even close from what I can tell.

The game had to be playable at E3 to be considered by the E3 judges. The Witcher 3 was not.

Sentenza

Well, it actually won a lot of "Best RPG at E3" awards, or even just "Best of E3".
Just not the one from Gamecritics.

Ashtar

It's Supernatural mixed with Game of Thrones if you want a good comparison. But that's a very loose comparison.

It's funny you say that, I LOVE supernatural, I love Witcher 2 and I Love GoT
I sooooo want to play a supernatural game that's like a modern day witcher

I want to get into these games, what games should I play? Do i need to play witcher 1 and 2?

You should definitely play Part 2, one of my fav games this gen, I never played Part 1 though.
I actually got part 2 twice, once for Xbox and once for my nephew for Mac

Top Bottom