• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone |OT| Heroes of Gwent

Karl Hawk

Banned
WARNING: Please add spoiler tags to every story moments in the expansion so we don't get people riled from being spoiled.

vaoopJ8.png
Welcome to the official thread of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone, first expansion to CDPR's open-world action RPG.

Hearts of Stone is a standalone story that puts you again into the shoes of Geralt of Rivia - professional monster slayer, hired by Gaunter O'Dim known also as the Man of Glass (Whom Geralt meets at White Orchard while the Witcher was trying to find Yennefer) to take on a ruthless bandit captain called Olgierd von Everic, a man said to possess the power of immortality.

Features:
- 10 hours or more of new content for 9.99$
- New quests for level 30+ Geralt (NG)/level 60+ Geralt (NG+)
- New cast of characters
- New monsters and bosses
- New gear
- Expanded areas of the world map (Top Right corner of Novigrad/Velen for instance)
- New gameplay feature: Runeswords (Which enhances the combat mechanics. For example, you can have Igni explode burning enemies when they die or have Axii transfer to the next enemy when the previous Axii'd enemy is dead)
- Return of fan-beloved character from Witcher 1: Shani. And yes, you can romance her
- And most importantly, more Gwent cards

How to buy:

There are two ways to buy the expansion: Digital and Retail

Digital:

PC:

PS4:

Xbox One:

The digital version can be bought for $8.49 for a discounted pre-order (Though the price will be at its original price after it release) in PSN (At least on the US region GoG, and Steam, though there's nothing on Xbox One's store as of yet. The digital version is free in case you bought the expansion pass for $24.99

Store links:
GoG/Steam/PSN

Retail:

PC:

PS4:

It contains:
- A download code for the expansion
- Collector's Box
- Manual
- Two physical Gwent decks (Monsters and Scoia'tel)
- Gwent Guide
- Gwent Tokens

The retail edition can bought for £19.99 at GAME UK. For US players, they can buy the retail edition for 19.99$ at Gamestop.

There are some confusions in regards to the expansion, so I'll answer as much as I'm able. I can't stress how important it is to read these questions as it may clear some of the confusion in regards to Hearts of Stone

Q: Do I need to have the base game in order to play the expansion?

A: Yes, you need the base game in order to play Hearts of Stone.

Q:What's the recommended level to play Hearts of Stone?

A: Level 30+ for NG and Level 60+ for NG+

Q: Wait, I have to be at level 60 to be able to play the expansion on my NG+ playthrough?

A: Yes. Since everything in the game (Including monsters levels, quests, weapons and armor) are increased by 30 levels, it is logical to assume that the recommended level for NG+ should be level 60.

Q: How do I start the expansion?

A: A quest named ''Evil's Soft First Touches'' will show on the quest log telling you to take a look at the notice board outside the Seven Cats Inn. There's also a picture from reddit showing you how to start as well: http://i.imgur.com/hlZmRJf.jpg

Q: When can I play the expansion?

A: At anytime during the main quest or after it provided you are at its recommended level.

Does my Shani romance have any effect with my relationship to Yennefer/Triss?

A: No.

Q: Does my Shani decision in Witcher 1 have any dialog effect?

A: Sadly, no.

Q: Am I entitled to get the Gwent Decks if I purchased the Expansion Pass?

A: Yes. Use redeemgwent and present a proof image of your expansion pass's purchase, then you'll get a code in a few codes that'll let you buy the Gwent Decks (Monsters and Scoia'tel) for 9.99$ (Along with the shipping costs, I should add)

Q: What's the download size of the expansion?

A: Download size: PC: GOG/Steam - 2.3 GB, Origin - ~4GB. PS4 - 2-4GB (depending on your SKU), XBOX ONE ~5GB

Q: When does the expansion unlock?

A : UNLOCK TIME: CEST - 13 OCT at 1AM /// BST - 13 OCT at 00AM /// PDT - 12 OCT at 4PM /// EDT - 12 OCT at 7PM

Q: Is it possible to pre-load the expansion?

A: No.

Q: I've heard that you are automatically level up to 30 once you install the expansion. Is it true?

A: False. In case you don't have an existing save of Geralt at level 30 (NG)/level 60 (NG+), you can create a level 32 Geralt (And spend your own skill points) with only the base's game side-quests and the expansions quests enabled (Main story's quests are disabled)

Screenshots:

The Reviews:

Denton

Ah, here it is :)

The first picture is not loading for me, btw. I would use abload.de as a host, always were quick and painless for me.

Dr.Acula

Banned
My question for GoG.

Is it actually gonna be cheaper to buy both DLC at the pre-order discount, or buy the season pass as it stands now?

I've been playing through a new game+ on DM difficulty. 1.10 was a pretty significant patch. The pop-in is gone at the cost of a stutter in a new zone. I can't wait to play this shit tonight!!!!

rZUAj.gif

Karl Hawk

Banned
Oh, I almost forgot one thing:

Don't forget to put spoiler tags for any story moments in the expansion. I'd prefer not to see people complaining that they got spoiled, otherwise you'll incur Thanos's wrath, :p

Coreda

OT time!

Ready for all new Shan
anigans

Oh, I almost forgot one thing:

Don't forget to put spoiler tags for any story moments in the expansion. I'd prefer not to see people complaining that they got spoiled, otherwise you'll incur Thanos's wrath, :p

Worth adding to the OP. Mark yo spoilers.

Justified

apparently it was gamestop exclusive

Was it, Where is that mention? because when I ask the official Witcher twitter they did not mention that? Also when I called my Local Gamestop they have no clue about the Physical edition

They completely dropped the ball on this

Respect

Started a NG+ game a few days ago, looking forward to this as well. Any plans for a Skellige Deck being added at some point?

Karl Hawk

Banned
Started a NG+ game a few days ago, looking forward to this as well. Any plans for a Skellige Deck being added at some point?

Don't think we've heard of any plans to add Skellige deck from the devs for some time now. I'd like to, but I'm not holding my breath,

KorrZ

So pumped for this. Also extremely happy that it's releasing so early today so I don't have to sit through work tomorrow waiting to play this.

DukeBobby

Looking forward to my Gwent cards.

I didn't know you got 154 of them. I thought it would be less than that.

Oh, and the expansion looks pretty good, too.

night13x

Last I heard, North America territories are not getting the physical limited edition at this point unless there is some weird 11th hour deal that was finally made. Piecing together the vague and shady responses I have gathered between Gamestop, WB (NA distro), and CDPR, it sounds like there just was a big misunderstanding and the SKU was never made.

I am not sure if the redeem gwent site is still accepting promo codes, but that looks to be the only option as of now FYI.

BFIB

Restarted on PS4. The new update, the game runs great, no stuttering from what I've played so far. Can't wait to hit 30 and dig into this expansion.

sorry to meander off topic but i tried to preorder this on psn but it was cancelled due to insufficient funds. i only have paypal as a payment method, is that not supported?

Denton

My gwent cards will arrive tomorrow to work, should be fun, good thing there are two other witcher fans in the office. Nice to see the retail package code works on all three - GOG, Steam and Origin as well.

It's been a while since I played TW3, if I completed the story and the majority of the side stuff I'm going to be at level 30 when I boot up the game tonight right? I completely forgot what level I am.

Karl Hawk

Banned
It's been a while since I played TW3, if I completed the story and the majority of the side stuff I'm going to be at level 30 when I boot up the game tonight right? I completely forgot what level I am.

Here's the answer:
Q: I've heard that you are automitically level up to 30 once you install the expansion. Is it true?

A: False. In case you don't have an existing save of Geralt at level 30 (NG)/level 60 (NG+), you can create a level 32 Geralt (And spend your own skill points) with only the base's game side-quests and the expansion quests enabled (Main story's quests are disabled)

Bl@de

Enough question marks! My Level 35 Geralt with mastercrafted bear gear is ready for new quests. Looking forward to meet Shani. Wonder what she has been up to.

Top Bottom