• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone |OT| Heroes of Gwent

Coreda

Same. I think a lot of people are forgetting that what he did
to his brother
before O'dimm. He was always trash.

I wasn't that sympathetic towards him but I did end up (much later) re-playing
the ending just for the Viper sword before beginning B&W. Ending-wise I lean towards preferring the version where O'dimm collects his soul, but they both have their qualities.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So I'm finally coming close to the end of Wild Hunt I think.

I'm level 32 and on the Quest "Final Preperations" in the main quest.

Should I start Hearts of Stone now, or polish off the main quest first?

Doesn't matter since it's a standalone story.. I'd suggest you finish the game before doing blood and wine though.

Finish main story first.

HoS and BoW are better stories than the main quest. Save the best for last.

BigTnaples

Doesn't matter since it's a standalone story.. I'd suggest you finish the game before doing blood and wine though.

Finish main story first.

HoS and BoW are better stories than the main quest. Save the best for last.

Nice thanks. Do I risk being over leveled? Since I'm level 33 now?

Good to hear, the vanilla game is bordering on the best game I've ever played, hearing it gets better is almost unbelievable.

Frostman

Nice thanks. Do I risk being over leveled? Since I'm level 33 now?

Good to hear, the vanilla game is bordering on the best game I've ever played, hearing it gets better is almost unbelievable.

No I think starting level for HoS is 35. I played through again recently, and the base levels on the expansions actually scaled to my level. So I don't think it matters anymore

When O'Dimm
gives you that mark on your face, I like how you can speak to Yennefer and she states that she can't remove it. There may be other characters who also comment on the mark on your face.

When O'Dimm
gives you that mark on your face, I like how you can speak to Yennefer and she states that she can't remove it. There may be other characters who also comment on the mark on your face.

Didn't this also happen with the
Blue Stripes Tattoo
in Assassin of Kings?

BigTnaples

Awesome. Pumped to delve I to this. Should finish up Wild Hunt tomorow at some point, judging by where I am in the storyline.

Then I'll delve into HoS and BaW.

This game has been such an incredible ride. Playing since launch off and on.

erawsd

When O'Dimm

There is also a special conversation with Vesemir.
You meet an old Lover of Vesemir's during the auction in HoS. If you haven't completed Act 2 in the main game yet you'll get to ask him about her.

There is also a special conversation with Vesemir.
You meet an old Lover of Vesemir's during the auction in HoS. If you haven't completed Act 2 in the main game yet you'll get to ask him about her.

Yeah, that's really cool. I like how you have this extra stuff depending on what you have and haven't done in the main story.

AtlAntA

I just started my second playthrough of this game (about 20 hours in now) and the game just keeps amazing me. Can't wait to start on both expansions.

Thank you cdpr.

BigTnaples

Really digging this expansion. One question though, where do I find new contracts? Are the up on notice boards?

HoS was wayyy more amazing than I thought it would be. Its just pure fun. I still need to beat BaW, then after that I'm gonna read some of the books and start the game over a third time.

HoS was wayyy more amazing than I thought it would be. Its just pure fun. I still need to beat BaW, then after that I'm gonna read some of the books and start the game over a third time.

B&W is even better. Lots of stuff to see in B&W with some of the best story and cut scene moments out of the whole Witcher 3 experience. There's one area that's arguably one of the best areas of the entire game.

B&W is that good, it earned its goty awards last year when it won RPG of the year as an expansion.

I don't wanna spoil it, trust me it's really, really freaking good.

BigTnaples

B&W is even better. Lots of stuff to see in B&W with some of the best story and cut scene moments out of the whole Witcher 3 experience. There's one area that's arguably one of the best areas of the entire game.

B&W is that good, it earned its goty awards last year when it won RPG of the year as an expansion.

So hyped.

B&W definitely is the best Witcher has ever been. I remember being kind of shocked at how much CDPR improved and added from the base game to the expansion.

I thought Hearts of Stone had a much better story and antagonist compared to Blood and Wine.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
B&W definitely is the best Witcher has ever been. I remember being kind of shocked at how much CDPR improved and added from the base game to the expansion.

Blood and Wine is certainly wonderful, but I also would give the nod to Hearts of Stone. There hasn't been an antagonizing presence so wonderfully structured and developed possibly in any other game than that first expansion. Just marvelously produced storytelling from top to bottom.

I thought Hearts of Stone had a much better story and antagonist compared to Blood and Wine.

Me too. Blood and Wine was more "videogame-esque"
with a grand final and you coming out as the savior (do i really need to spoiler tag this?)
and Hearts of Stone was clearly one of my favorite game scenario. Bizarre and twisted, it felt like a good movie or book.

I really liked Blood and Wine but Hearts of Stone main story was superior for me.

Witcher III is really something...

Blood and Wine is certainly wonderful, but I also would give the nod to Hearts of Stone. There hasn't been an antagonizing presence so wonderfully structured and developed possibly in any other game than that first expansion. Just marvelously produced storytelling from top to bottom.

Oh for sure, HoS's writing is so excellent, probably the best in the game. It was little stuff in B&W though like the improved cinematography and the inter-connectivity of the side quest and points of interest. Things like that really stand out to me in B&W.

But no arguments for HoS's writing and structure. It is exceptional.

m_dorian

One of the great experiences this game offered me was the sequence of
the painted world
in HoS. It is an artistic triumph.

Top Bottom