• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
w1sauwl.png

Upgraded feline armor? Looks nice.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I laid around all weekend doing nothing save playing this game. Probably aged my heart 5 years for inactivity and it's shots like this that make me want to feign being sick at work so I can go home and play more.

This is 100% me. Are you my Doppleganger, or am I yours?

Got lots of points in signs now and they're wrecking shit. Not sure if I should use Feline armour or Griffin, faster stamina regen or sign intensity.

Anyone know where the bear school armour map is? I've found the enhanced steel sword plan while I was roaming between islands but that's about it.

My GOTY so far. This is the most fun I've had with an RPG in a long time. Absolutely stomps Dragon Age for me. And I actually find myself wanting to do the side quests because I'm into the story and characters so much. That usually never happens for me in these types of games.

Lunar15

It's an incredible game with some baffling UI/control problems.

It's amazing, just not perfect and I think I'm happy with that. Some UI mods on PC would be more than welcome.

Here's an example of things that need fixing:

*Amazing suggestions*

Yep, I think you summed up all my complaints.

As to the game's quality and compelling nature over other open world games, I think it helps that we're playing a *character* who has at least some personality and stakes in the world. Geralt's personality is slightly left open for you to insert your own choices, however he's still a distinct character with a background and history that's tied to the world. I get the value in true, blank-state roleplaying, but I must say that it's refreshing to have such a wide open world with a strong central character that is, in general, likeable. Red Dead Redemption was also more compelling due to this, however, I feel that The Witcher 3 has far better quests and side characters, at least so far.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This has probably been asked a million time, but I only just got the game so haven't been in the thread. Is there a way to view multiple quests on the map screen? I got my first 3 or 4 in white orchard and it seems I have to tab between the map and quest screen to track another quest and see where it is.

Majukun

so..basically the feline armor is the light one,the griffin one is the medium and the ursine is the heavy one?
what's the difference between the three?just trading less stamina consumption for less defense?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just a divorced old fart with no social life and an unhealthy addiction to video games I think.

That should be your tag.

Divorce (Marriage) is the separator. We can enjoy all the silver we want now!

Think I'm at about 61 hours, playing since...late Wednesday, I think. Took some of the reviews and Giant Bomb to make me purchase a game I hadn't planned on (or paid any attention to leading up to release). Holly Shirts, it's great not anticipating things, sometimes, and being pleasantly surprised.

I need armor.
Good looking armor.
Just give me armor DLCs.
I'll freakin buy them if I have to.
All the armors are so damn ugly.
Just crafted the complete griffin set. Great stats - ugly as sin.
Makes Geralt look like a fatty.
WHY do so many armors make you look like a fatty when the starting armor makes you look impossibly thin?
I don't get it. Stop giving me ugly armors!

/rant

so..basically the feline armor is the light one,the griffin one is the medium and the ursine is the heavy one?
what's the difference between the three?just trading less stamina consumption for less defense?

Griffin one has bonuses geared more toward sign use and bear I think is more towards swordplay. haven't made the felyne yet so I don't know what that has.

Individual relic pieces can be better than anything from those sets sometimes.

Majukun

why the hell the
succubus you have to track at novigrad

has her own entrance in the bestiary?she has the same weaknesses of every other of her kind

I need armor.
Good looking armor.
Just give me armor DLCs.
I'll freakin buy them if I have to.
All the armors are so damn ugly.
Just crafted the complete griffin set. Great stats - ugly as sin.
Makes Geralt look like a fatty.
WHY do so many armors make you look like a fatty when the starting armor makes you look impossibly thin?
I don't get it. Stop giving me ugly armors!

/rant

If you think Griffin armor looks ugly I doubt you'll like the look of any armor...

Majukun

Griffin one has bonuses geared more toward sign use and bear I think is more towards swordplay. haven't made the felyne yet so I don't know what that has.

Individual relic pieces can be better than anything from those sets sometimes.

thsanks..can you update the swords of those sets too?

Beefy

whats your usual damage on light and heavy attacks?

i reached level 12 yesterday and im currently spec'd like this

6 on combat (3 fast/3heavy attacks +dmg)

11? Signs (Max igni, max yrden Ward, max axii the dialogue/mind numb one )

2 in general (the one that heals you when not in combat +stamina when in combat, and the one that fills stamina points up when you use signs)

i usually do between 200+250 (when not buffed up)

Light attacks between 240- 320
Heavy attacks 390-420

Khasim

Cat increases stamina regeneration and adds bonuses to attack power, Griffin has medium stamina regeneration and bonuses to Signs, while Bear has the biggest health pool, slower stamina regeneration and bonuses to adrenaline generation.

I'm now level 34 and specced in mostly sword combat + upgraded Quen + the ability which lets you cast signs with adrenaline and Bear set, just for the looks. It plays alright, not easy but not too OP either. The Griffin armor is fugly with the beer belly and golden shine, while the Cat armor us cool on level 1 and the next ones look pretty boring. Bear also looks best on level 1, but the upgrades look good enough to justify the upgrade, plus the glyph slots that increase the power of the Signs are pretty cool.

I have yet to try out full magic or alchemy builds, but I can't imagine throwing bombs, drinking 10 potions and constantly swapping oils before each fight to be fun. Though apparently gibbing people with the Grapeshot bombs is pretty fun.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I like Enhanced Griffin, can't wait to see Mastered. I wish we could apply war paint to Geralts face or dye the clothing with armor.

Khasim

How on earth can people be at 100 hours a week from launch?!?!?!

I took 4 days off and had 67 hours clocked on Sunday morning. I'd probably hit 100 hours now too if I didn't have to get back to work.

Fair ways in, where can I find the respec potion now?
Keira
is long gone.

There's a merchant in the north east square part of Novigrad who sells it, he's inside a building on the western side of that square I think. Also there's a master alchemist in Skellige, but you need to do a quest for him before he lets you trade with him. I also think he also only has 5 in stock while the Novigrad trader has an unlimited quantity.

I must have respected like 3 or 4 times during my play time. I thought I have much more money than I needed, and then I got to Skellige and saw the prices for top tier sword runes. The Best ones cost close to 1k per piece. Went from 12k to 2k in like half an hour. Upgrading stuff and buying runes I expensive.

Also nearing 100 hours. Only reached Skellige and done 2 missions. Still haven't completed the search in the other towns/cities for Ciri lol.
klrgjj.jpg

Ya'll are ridiculous. I'm 42 hours in (And it's already my most played steam game, just above Just Cause 2 @ 42h and Deus Ex HR @ 39h), STILL have not Finished Family Matters, gone to Novigrad, or Skellige. I've pretty much been exploring all of south Velen and doing sidequests and stuff trying to level up.

I did finish
Wandering in the Dark with Keira and what a mission that was. Nithral was a beast. And I am 15 pounds overburdened by all the rich loot I got exploring every nook and cranny.

Exentryk

Have both Viper Steel and Silver swords now. Steel has 5% EXP bonus from humans and non-humans, while Silver has 20% EXP from monsters. Also have the Noonwraith trophy which gives 5% EXP bonus from humans and non-humans. So, been earning some nice EXP from random fights now.

I'm really baffled by random loading screens during cutscenes (playing on PS4). Yesterday I was doing (Witcher 2 spoiler)
Letho
quest - and there were black "Loading" screens right in the middle of conversation.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I think I'm just gonna spend all of tonight exploring the points of interest in velen. I've amassed quite a large amount of them. It's quite ridiculous, I think my map says there are 63 of them.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You could probably shave off up to 10 hours considering I've left the game running to duck out for a smoke, lunch, shit, cook, whatever. I also lost my job and buddies have been busy during the week so I've had plenty of time to destroy myself with video games.

Game is okay.

Anywhere close to the end?

An overwhelming majority of Skellige is unexplored and unquested, and I still have numerous things left to do in Novigrad and Valen. I'm also apparently about 60% through the main story arc.

I play slow though.

I think I hit 12, maybe 13 on Saturday. That might be the highest since I was a little kid. lol

This basically. Last game I chewed up unhealthy hours playing would have been Mass Effect 3 maybe? I finished that obscenely quickly and did everything. But this has been an otherworldly time sink.

Seanspeed

Banned
Is this the biggest open world game world ever made?
Definitely not. In fact, I'm not actually sure it's *that* much bigger than Skyrim in terms of landmass unless Skellige is like way bigger than I'm expecting.

Still really big and a great size. And more importantly - filled with great content.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
whats your usual damage on light and heavy attacks?

i reached level 12 yesterday and im currently spec'd like this

6 on combat (3 fast/3heavy attacks +dmg)

11? Signs (Max igni, max yrden Ward, max axii the dialogue/mind numb one )

2 in general (the one that heals you when not in combat +stamina when in combat, and the one that fills stamina points up when you use signs)

i usually do between 200+250 (when not buffed up)

I invested in fast attacks more than strong (obviously), plus those cat skill perks

Level 21
Fast attack 621
Fast attack *critical* 1221

Strong attack 973
Strong attack *critical* 1111

I usually only strong attack as the first swing in a counterattack combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom