• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

PS4 update is out, will post log in a minute
500MB+

y3aOahd.jpg

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Do quests expire? I'm worried I will miss some but I also want to do some of the Main Story.

No, but you can out-level them and substantially reduce the amount of XP you get for completing them. You can also auto-fail certain main story quests after progressing past certain points in the game.

Do quests expire? I'm worried I will miss some but I also want to do some of the Main Story.

You'll get a few "quest failed" if you go too far into the main story, but it's really for a tiny amount of them compared to the huge number of side-quests you've got in the game.

Jintor

I guess you could certainly make that argument, although I wouldn't buy it. I feel like that ending isn't so much about an ultimate sacrifice as it is about you have been an overbearing, controlling parent that didn't help to subtly build up the confidence and mental health Ciri needed to survive.

The intent of that ending was ruined when literally (and I tested this last night going through the final sequence again) the only thing seperating the two endings on my end was
whether or not I let her throw a hissy fit in the lab. Yup, all that confidence and mental health building lab-destruction, the pivotal event of the season.

I wasn't a huge fan of my initial ending but the epilogue sequence with Geralt is pretty much perfect for those circumstances.

Grenchel

I don't think I am ever going to beat this game, just got to the novigrad for the first time.....

Why must I be so busy :(

Chose Triss for my second playthrough to see what all the fuss was about.

Nope. Doesn't feel right. I like her but she doesn't hold a candle to Yen.

Also I think asking her to stay in Novigrad is an extremely selfish thing to do. You're basically risking her life and all the other mages' that stayed on the boat.

ramyeon

Updates on PS4 are automatic right? I can't find a way to manually do it and the game isn't asking to update upon launch. Guessing the new patch isn't out on Australia's PSN yet?

Edit: Nevermind, it had auto updated last night but didn't show up in my notifications for whatever reason.

Also I think asking her to stay in Novigrad is an extremely selfish thing to do. You're basically risking her life and all the other mages' that stayed on the boat.

Have you played the previous games? Because it's the exact opposite for me, having not read the books, I instantly have more history and virtual love for Triss.

Have you played the previous games? Because it's the exact opposite for me, having not read the books, I instantly have more history and virtual love for Triss.

I started playing The Witcher 2 on PC a few days ago. Haven't gone far though, but I'll get through it eventually. That's all my knowledge of this saga before TW3.

So I'm just talking about their behavior and interactions with Geralt. I love how fearless Yen is, how she likes to take control and takes shit from no one especially not Geralt. She can be "annoying" at times but that's why she feels more real, human. This is real passion to me.

With Triss it feels more like your cliché love story, much less interesting IMO.

The intent of that ending was ruined when literally (and I tested this last night going through the final sequence again) the only thing seperating the two endings on my end was
whether or not I let her throw a hissy fit in the lab. Yup, all that confidence and mental health building lab-destruction, the pivotal event of the season.

I wasn't a huge fan of my initial ending but the epilogue sequence with Geralt is pretty much perfect for those circumstances.
Well it's an ending that really rests on like five decisions, soooooo...I get your point with it on your end, but in the end it's not a completely binary one-choice decision.

Haunted

I remember getting stuck on that one. The door has a dodgy trigger point for making the 'open' prompt appear, which seems to need you to be very specifically placed, but it is there. I got it to work by basically spamming X while running from side to side up against the door.
Yeah that's how I got in there.

Nothing there, though, no traces, no monster. I clearly broke a trigger somewhere along the way as it still shows to talk to the quest giver in the quest tracker, but I've obviously already done that (or else I wouldn't have the key to the cellar). Not a big deal either way.

to any PS4 owners of this game, how much space total in GB does this game take up including any mandatory free updates? i have limited space on my PS4 and just want to allocate for space before buying a bigger HDD. thanks!

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

I HLAKBR'd her both my times through the game. I HLAKBR'd her and never looked back!

Jintor

Well it's an ending that really rests on like five decisions, soooooo...I get your point with it on your end, but in the end it's not a completely binary one-choice decision.

I understand, but (and I suppose this is difficult for any code-orientated storytelling solution) making it instead a process of GOOD END += 1 and IF {GOOD END >= 2} PLAY_GOOD_END is only marginally better.

I suppose in the end my expectations were raised too high by people talking about oh yeah, side quests come back around to interact with main quests, oh man choices mattterrrrrrr when roughly 60% of it bottoms out at Kaer Morden, 20% is Fallout-style "narration at the end of your game", and 20% is five decision points.

to their credit they hide the decision points fairly well until you make them and get a unique scene, and it blends into the other well-made scenes fairly well, so you don't really know what's important until you look it up later. Which is as it should be. But still.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm thinking about finally playing this game. Just curious about what difficulty to start with.

I like Souls games, Bloodborne, etc, and generally find most AAA games to be varying degrees of too easy. I get bored if there's no meaningful challenge. That said, I also don't really want to be constantly tortured. What's good balance here? Is there any?

Courage

I'm thinking about finally playing this game. Just curious about what difficulty to start with.

I like Souls games, Bloodborne, etc, and generally find most AAA games to be varying degrees of too easy. I get bored if there's no meaningful challenge. That said, I also don't really want to be constantly tortured. What's good balance here? Is there any?

Play on Death March, which is the hardest difficulty. You'll have a hard time initially, but it gets much easier as you progress.

Jobbs

Banned
Play on Death March, which is the hardest difficulty. You'll have a hard time initially, but it gets much easier as you progress.

What does difficulty do? Change values (damage/armor/hp of enemies, for example) or does it also change number of enemies, enemy behavior, or other things?

Corpsepyre

Banned
I made the mistake of finishing the main story before I could do all the contracts and some side missions. Not a good thing. While I am plowing through the game and doing everything I can, I need that narrative hook, that oh so AMAZING narrative hook that I got while playing the main story and some of the side missions.

Those playing, try doing everything side by side.

Same here. I play it on the most difficult level and its quite satisfying.

From what I remember, it seemed like Geralt saw through the illusion through kind of his "senses," maybe his "Witcher senses" if you will. There's some line about how her eyes looked like the eyes of a hunchback (and maybe something about her movement as well). Regardless, he can't actually see through the illusion, it's more of a deductive thing.

It would have been really cool if the character models of Yen, Dudu,etc would morph in the Witcher sense mode.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm at the beginning of the Bald Mountain main story quest. When can i start to go back to sidequests? I can't even use fast travel since
the battle at Kaer Morhen, and that was a while ago
. :(

KorrZ

I will echo the Death March suggestion. I played on Hard (Blood and Broken Bones) and it got very easy, very quickly. Since it's very easy to overlevel if you try to do a lot of the side content. I wish that I had started on DM instead.

RDreamer

I'm at the beginning of the Bald Mountain main story quest. When can i start to go back to sidequests? I can't even use fast travel since
the battle at Kaer Morhen, and that was a while ago
. :(

Basically just finish Bald Mountain stuff and then head down the mountain and you're free for whatever.

I will echo the Death March suggestion. I played on Hard (Blood and Broken Bones) and it got very easy, very quickly. Since it's very easy to overlevel if you try to do a lot of the side content. I wish that I had started on DM instead.
Seconded. Also did B&BB and by probably 1/3 of the way through it was getting easy, by 1/2 through it was super easy and by the end, nothing could touch me! Totally doing Death March on my next playthrough.

Lazyslob

Banned
someone help me :'(

in the room in the very beginning of the game where you start looking at the view of does it get blocked when yennifer is all pissed off or whatever. i remember when i went back to kaer morhen i was in that room and now i cant find it anymore. is it where there are like rocks blocking the entrance?

Euron

So according to my game I have nearly 9 days played
PS4 Suspend/Resume FTW

Anyway, finally got to the beginning of Act 3
Imlerith was a lot harder than any boss in the game that I've faced. And I've been wanting to kill the Crones for awhile now but I'm just pissed that the third fled

The game would be an easy 10/10 and probably my favorite non Souls RPG of all time if only Geralt didn't control like a complete spaz when out of combat.

ramyeon

I'm really at a loss as to what to do with all my gear. I'm using the enhanced Ursine set, but I also have the enhanced Griffin set in my bag in case I decide to go back to that once I can craft the Superior version of it. But the weight is becoming an annoyance, even with upgraded saddlebags.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do with all my gear. I'm using the enhanced Ursine set, but I also have the enhanced Griffin set in my bag in case I decide to go back to that once I can craft the Superior version of it. But the weight is becoming an annoyance, even with upgraded saddlebags.

You can store your unused items on the ground, they won't disappear. I'd recommend putting them in a house near a fast travel sign or a place that you visit often.
I use armorer shop in Oxenfurt as my storage.

Skellige spoilers:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT4|:
You put the baby in the oven.

Lmao.

I wonder if anyone has made a cheat sheet for the Witcher gear sets, showing at what levels they all unlock. I suspect the Wolf gear renders some of the higher Griffin stuff obsolete, but a cheat sheet would tell you at a glance :)

I wonder if anyone has made a cheat sheet for the Witcher gear sets, showing at what levels they all unlock. I suspect the Wolf gear renders some of the higher Griffin stuff obsolete, but a cheat sheet would tell you at a glance :)

I had this image for my reference since way back, but it's now outdated. Wolf school and Skellige set not included.

It goes like this : Griffin < Cat < Bear

Regular Ursine is level 17. Enhanced 22. Superior 27. Master 31.

Regular Cat is level 14. Enhanced 20. Superior 26. Master 31.

Can't remember for Griffin but it's obviously lower except maybe for Master.

Edit : Beaten bad

Top Bottom